The next possible playable race

(Locked)

1 Tauren Druid
Yeah...so we can go back to alliance qq threads about how op 2h enh shammies are... noty
90 Worgen Warrior
Why would any of the listed races join the Alliance or Horde?

1. Ogres-too stupid to be a competent ally
2. Harpies-hate everyone, only in nests, not truly an intellegent race-most likely devoted to Aviana now that shes back

For the Alliance:

1. Furbolg - too primitive, reclusive, only helping nightelves and draenei on occasion-dont speak common in the least
2. High Elves- are low in population, and already within the alliance ranks as it is. The blood elves are already a playable race, and simply giving the alliance a blue eyed copy would not be a satisfactory move
3. Centaur- really? they would join the alliance? they are hostile to all races!

Can go either way

1.Pandaren - this is one that i actually hope to be playable someday, no comment
2. Murlocs - fish men devoted to water beings only, not that intellegent- slaves to naga and Elementals

also Possible but may never happen

1. Vrykul- not possible, hostile
2. Naga - THEY ARE LEAD BY AZSHARA, WHO WAS CORRUPTED BY OLD GODS WHY WOULD THEY JOIN THE ALLIANCE OR HORDE??
3. Arakkoa- not possible- hostile, cept for a few that are devoted to the Light and Naaru only
4. Ethereal-doubtful, more likely to remain neutral ties
5. Gnoll - hostile to all races
6. Kobold - too puny, unintellegent, and hostile to all races
7. Quilboar - hostile TO all races!
8. Tuskarr- cannot survive outside of Northrend!!!
9. Drakonid - devoted to DRAGONFLIGHTS!
10. Nerubian- for the most part all undead!!!!
11. Satyr - THEYRE DEMONS!!!
12. Qiraji- THEY'RE FOLLOWERS OF OLD GODS!!

WHY WOULD YOU POST ANY OF THOSE LAST 4 ??

To reply for you just said i will tell you why these race could be a playable race.

For the Horde

1. For Orgres being stupid there is a powerful Crystal called Apexis Crystal in Blade's Edge Mountains that gives Orgres with a good intelligence to think like other races.

2. Its is unknow why all Harpies hate everyone but the same thing can be said about the worgen back when it was not a playable race and we dont know if they are intellegent race or not.

For the Alliance

1. For the corrupted Furbolgs in Ashenvale if they ever will be free from the evil taint they will see The forest that they lived in for many years be teared down by the horde and will see them as a enemy.

2. For the low population in High elfs no one knows if some are still in hideing or how much survivord relly and much like the darkspear trolls and gnomes there population was low too.

3. The clans of Centaur in Desolace statred to unite to defeat the Burning Blade clan and are starting to call them selfs "Children of Cenarius".

Can go either way

2. Not all Murlocs are slaves to the Nage and they are not slaves to Elementals they just worship Neptulon the Tidehunter. Most people in wow would like to play a murloc.

And for the also Possible but may never happen races i agree with you but i just add them because i hear that other people would like to play them so it had to be fair play.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Naga = Never
85 Goblin Priest
Naga please ;)
58 Draenei Death Knight
03/25/2011 4:08 PMPosted by Dknvd
Naga = Never

Give me a good reason why and what would be wrong with it.
85 Human Mage
03/25/2011 4:53 PMPosted by Talok
Naga = Never

I'll give you a few

1- Old God aligned. Like the satyr, there are virtually no 'good' naga. They're all hostile, serve Azshara blindly, and pretty much want to kill us all

2- Did I mention they want to kill us all?

3- Lack of legs and other biological issues make land-based gameplay an issue.

4- Little to no lore suggesting Naga could ever be a playable faction on either Horde or Alliance. The one time they allied with anyone, it was with Illidan, and likely for ulterior reasons
85 Worgen Death Knight
03/25/2011 5:15 PMPosted by Aurria

I'll give you a few

1- Old God aligned. Like the satyr, there are virtually no 'good' naga. They're all hostile, serve Azshara blindly, and pretty much want to kill us all

4- Little to no lore suggesting Naga could ever be a playable faction on either Horde or Alliance. The one time they allied with anyone, it was with Illidan, and likely for ulterior reasons

58 Draenei Death Knight

I'll give you a few

1. Draenei were Eredar who were the Legion, Worgen were just semi-sentient animals

2. See 1

3. First they can survive on Land they wouldn't be in Shadowmoon Valley with a small puddle if they needed water, you might be thinking of Murlocs who need water every 24 hours, I think. And the Legs could be workable, On several threads I have shown images of Naga with "Pants" on that looked decent.((If you want links I can fetch them))

4. That didn't stop Draenei ((Eredar)), Worgen, Death Knights. And they could be a Forsakenish faction of the Horde, I think they could get along quite well with the Blood Elves if given time.
Edited by Talok on 3/25/2011 6:09 PM PDT
85 Human Mage
1- Draenei were never part of the Legion. They were a faction of Eredar who refused to join in the first place, and have been slowly hunted to extinction since.

And worgen aren't semi-sentient animals. Go catch up on your lore. They come from a sect of druids.

3- You can keep your Naga with pants kthx. I have yet to see a legit Naga with two legs in WoW or WC3, and until I do so, Naga with legs sounds kinda silly. Also, the puddle is what allows the Naga TO survive at all in Shadowmoon Valley. They're an aquatic species for crying out loud. They have gills, swim like eels, hell, they live in an underwater city. I have not seen a single Naga who wasn't within a few yards of a good source of water, or imprisoned.

4- See my mention about Draenei. The playable Worgen were initially Gilneans and did not hate the Alliance. Same can be said of Death Knights, who originally were loyal members of our factions.

And the Blood Elves, honestly, didn't really like the Naga. They helped them out, sure, but knowing elves, I'm pretty sure they'd find the idea of being around Naga a bit... gross.

I mean, for pity's sake, they're descendants of people who thought Earthen and Tauren were beasts.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Its only a matter of time before the ogres join the horde and to match strength to strenght the Vyrkul will join the Alliance
58 Draenei Death Knight
1- Draenei were never part of the Legion. They were a faction of Eredar who refused to join in the first place, and have been slowly hunted to extinction since.

And worgen aren't semi-sentient animals. Go catch up on your lore. They come from a sect of druids.

3- You can keep your Naga with pants kthx. I have yet to see a legit Naga with two legs in WoW or WC3, and until I do so, Naga with legs sounds kinda silly. Also, the puddle is what allows the Naga TO survive at all in Shadowmoon Valley. They're an aquatic species for crying out loud. They have gills, swim like eels, hell, they live in an underwater city. I have not seen a single Naga who wasn't within a few yards of a good source of water, or imprisoned.

4- See my mention about Draenei. The playable Worgen were initially Gilneans and did not hate the Alliance. Same can be said of Death Knights, who originally were loyal members of our factions.

And the Blood Elves, honestly, didn't really like the Naga. They helped them out, sure, but knowing elves, I'm pretty sure they'd find the idea of being around Naga a bit... gross.

I mean, for pity's sake, they're descendants of people who thought Earthen and Tauren were beasts.

1 and 4.You realize that that is all in there Expansions, before then Draenei were ether the Eredar or the Race the Orcs almost wiped out and Gilnean Worgen, Not many would have suggested Worgen as playable with their pre-expansion Lore.

3. http://img106.imageshack.us/i/nagaarmorih2.png/sr=1

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4761/nagaow7.png

I think this should make some sense.

And a Hundred Naga all using ONE puddle, really?
And Since they campaigned in Hellfire I think they can last, And if I am wrong the starter zone can introduce some backwards version of the Vash'jir affect you get.
Edited by Talok on 3/25/2011 7:35 PM PDT
85 Human Mage
1. and 4. - You use Draenei and Eredar in the same sentence, and that jusn't isn't fair. The draenei and eredar split off 25,000 years ago. They're pretty much two different species now. And as I mentioned, the draenei refused to join the Legion; they didn't leave it.

And yes, most would have said worgen would've been unplayable. I would have been one too, except they retconned Gilneas, which is feasible. And unless they come up with a good retcon for Naga, then the Naga are UNFEASABLE

3- You have to excuse Blizzard for not making geography exact. I mean, we're talking about the people who make continents roughly the size of Conneticut.
58 Draenei Death Knight
1. and 4. - You use Draenei and Eredar in the same sentence, and that jusn't isn't fair. The draenei and eredar split off 25,000 years ago. They're pretty much two different species now. And as I mentioned, the draenei refused to join the Legion; they didn't leave it.

And yes, most would have said worgen would've been unplayable. I would have been one too, except they retconned Gilneas, which is feasible. And unless they come up with a good retcon for Naga, then the Naga are UNFEASABLE

3- You have to excuse Blizzard for not making geography exact. I mean, we're talking about the people who make continents roughly the size of Conneticut.

Hm, You know A lot of people would also have said Death Knights wouldn't be playable.....I am starting to see a pattern.... I'll give you three but can you give me any statements or written lore that says Naga can't be out of water for long?
88 Orc Hunter
03/25/2011 7:53 PMPosted by Talok
Hm, You know A lot of people would also have said Death Knights wouldn't be playable.....I am starting to see a pattern.... I'll give you three but can you give me any statements or written lore that says Naga can't be out of water for long?

If races that people said wouldn't be playable become playable, then Nerubians, Qiraji, Centaurs, Dryads, Dragons, Drakonids, Dragonspawn, High Elves, Naga, Satyr, Gorlocs, Murlocs, Furbolgs, Gnolls, Grells, Harpies, Makrura, Kobolds, Quilboars, Taunka, Tuskarr, Wolvars, and Clams would all be playable races.
Edited by Bullfrogg on 3/25/2011 8:01 PM PDT
58 Draenei Death Knight
03/25/2011 7:59 PMPosted by Bullfrogg

If races that people said wouldn't be playable become playable, then Nerubians, Qiraji, Centaurs, Dryads, Dragons, Drakonids, Dragonspawn, High Elves, Naga, Satyr, Gorlocs, Murlocs, Furbolgs, Gnolls, Grells, Harpies, Makrura, Kobolds, Quilboars, Taunka, Tuskarr, Wolvars, and Clams would all be playable races.

I think you know what I meant.
85 Human Mage

Common sense. They're an aquatic race. They spent the last ten milenia living 10,000 leagues under the sea... literally. They all live near the shore, or not far offshore.

I dunno, sounds like they need water to me. I've yet to see A SINGLE NAGA who wasn't within a few yards of a decent source of water.
88 Orc Hunter
03/25/2011 8:08 PMPosted by Talok
I think you know what I meant.

Yes, that there are a couple instances where classes/races that were thought would never get added were added.

I just named 22 instances where that is not the case, 23 if you count clams. I know I do.
90 Troll Death Knight
I would say there's really only two criteria of being a playable race:

1.) The race must be seeded in current lore. Blizzard has already stated they won't repeat the same mistake like they did with the Draenei

2.) The race has to popular or appealing to the masses. Basically, the race has to be a selling feature that will make people want the expansion more.

Those two being said, I think possible candidates for the future are Naga, Pandaren, Ethereals or possibly Tol'vir.
71 Goblin Hunter
Common sense. They're an aquatic race. They spent the last ten milenia living 10,000 leagues under the sea... literally. They all live near the shore, or not far offshore.

I dunno, sounds like they need water to me. I've yet to see A SINGLE NAGA who wasn't within a few yards of a decent source of water.

Easily remedied with a spell or mutation.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]