Ah, the joys of PuGs in BH

90 Troll Druid
So tonight, I decided to join a 25 man BH pug on my Mage. Figured why the hell not, 20 extra valor is nice, and chances at tier are always a plus. The group is formed, I armory the other two Mages to see what I got for competition in loot, and we get in there and down him. Expected at this point since its lolBH. Yes, there will be a TL:DR version at the bottom, don't worry. :P

So I look at the loot, and the Mage tier legs drop. I'm like "Awesome. One Mage has em, so I only have to fight against a single person. Good odds." So, raid leader links, says roll and..... three rolls? But only two of the three Mages do not have the pants. Why is there a third roll? Well, here begins my story of a mage named Jickerjack of Technique.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/jickerjack/advanced

So rolls go off, I have 2nd highest, and the Mage posted above has highest. Now this same Mage has the tier legs already. I even saw them equipped in the armory (they are currently not equipped, but in his feed, you will see on 2/18/11 he obtained tier legs), so I am thinking "what the hell?". So I whisper him and ask why he rolled on tier that he already had. He responded by linking his currently equipped legs, the Flame Pillar Leggings. I then respond by saying that his armory says differently, and that he had the tier legs equipped. This is where it gets good in my opinion.

The response I received at this point was that his guild did BWD that night and that he recieved the Flame Pillar Leggings from that raid. He also stated that his friend told him the Flame Pillar were better than the tier legs, and that he DE'd his tier legs in favor of the Flame Pillar. Well, lets look back at the Armory! Do you see that he obtained Flame Pillar Leggings today? I sure don't. Actually, it seems a Pirest won them according to Technique's news feed. For a little side note, trades are also recorded on the news feed for the Armory, so if the Priest did end up trading the pants to said Mage, it still would of shown up on his Armory as obtained.

So now he says that he DE'd the first pair of legs for his Flame Pillar, and now he realizes that this was wrong and needed another pair of tier legs. You know what? I'm perfectly fine with that..... if Armory didn't say that he got both of those pairs of legs back in February, and no other record of winning said legs. So I point this out to him, and the response at this point is that maybe it hasn't updated. Well, he already logged out once, or I would assume, as when he told me this, his armory already updated for the BH kill and that he obtained the tier legs. Well if that updated, why not the other legs from BWD? That couldn't be because.... they don't exist (well on his toon anyway)?

A couple of my guildies were in said BH run as well, and they found Jicker at the AH, while at the same time Maelstrom Crystals were disappearing off the AH. I was also informed that Jicker was running back and forth from the AH to the mailbox, and also now has Power Torrent on his weapon. So wait, he took an epic piece of loot that he already had, bought Crystals, and now has a new enchant on his weapon? I guess I found out the reason pretty quickly while he decided that he needed another pair of tier legs, eh? Now then, I am not ENTIRELY sure on this, as I did not see it and my guildies can make up stories just like anyone else. I will admit that this part could easily be untrue in every way, as Armory has not updated yet with his weapon (still shows Hurricane). I am posting this portion simply if such information does become true.

So, the TL:DR BH Mage pug rolled on tier he already had in order to get a Maelstrom Crystal rather than letting another Mage who didn't have the legs at all get it.

No, I am not really mad, I just hate being BSed. Honestly, if I was just told straight up that he wanted a Crystal, I would of wrote it off as a **%# move and been done with it. Its not like I really give too much crap about my Mage alt, but I'm not too fond of the BS game. So in future pugs that you may attend, make sure to get a good look at those you were rolling against loot for. You never know when someone might bust out a roll not for gear, but for Crystal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Baaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Id be pissed too.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Welcome to the new wow my friend.

In days gone by, a person that did this would be ostracized from the the server. They would never, ever get to join another pug raid, and would most likely have issues even getting into a 5man. Their guild would be called out to explain why they are keeping a ninja in their ranks (and make no mistake, this is a ninja).

Sadly, the new wow allows this sort of behavior, and I'd dare to say, even encourages it. People are allowed to be absolute douches to their fellow citizens. There are no repercussions at all for this type of behavior. IMHO, the worst thing ever to happen to wow was LFD. It's pretty much destroyed any sense of server community.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/23/2011 12:08 AMPosted by Sody
Baaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Some people don't even read the TL:DR I see.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
you lost me after, "decided" ...what is this thread about?
Reply Quote
47 Undead Priest
We're glad you could take the hit for the rest of us. Shame it couldn't have been pvp gear at least. Glad there's not much douchebaggery on alliance side like this. But, then again we're a tight knit group.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Well Cinnamin,

I'm shunning this guy forever.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
THIS IS SO LONG TO READ I CANT DO IT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Awful. But then again, this is one of the reasons I haven't pugged anything but 5 mans in this game for a long time now.

This and the inherent fail-factor of pug raids.

I don't know about all pugs being bad. I pugged a lot back in Vanilla and BC raids. Wrath I tended only to do the GDKP ones after Naxx. Not all pugs are bad, but when people do crap like that mage, then yeah, they make all pugs look bad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
you know I joined 3 years ago now, feb 23rd 08...... and even then things were ok, but I would loved to have been around when behavoir like this would not have been tolerated.. I think if you do behave this way you should be ostrasized.... I honestly do wish sometimes there was an 21 and up server LOL but then again you do have douchebags at every age.. I have met ppl younger ppl and been pleasently suprised by their good behavoir, and then met older ppl that had no manners at all. I do not know what the answer is. But I do wish ppl put more thought into the way they act towards others...In game & in life in general =)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Sadly this is the !@#$ we're up against in these dungeons.............BUT..............he was clever enough to figure out what he had to do to get the enchant and for that I give him Kudos. Frankly he didnt owe you an explanation at all. It's part of the game. Find an angle and work it, he did that. Sorry for your loss but hey man................if it were you??? There will always be another day to get the drop for yourself. We all go through it. Dragon Soul is the worst.
Edited by Bookala on 4/17/2012 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Holy !@#$ing necro Batman.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Wait, you mean I can roll on tier legs from BH to get maelstroms for enchants?! Hell yes!!!
Reply Quote
03/23/2011 12:03 AMPosted by Arbearday
if I was just told straight up that he wanted a Crystal, I would of wrote it off as a **%# move and been done with it.

yeah.... if he just wanted a crystal... shoulda said so lol... *trade 100-200g crystal to get 5-10k+ legs* /facepalm
though I suppose at the date of the post.... the crystals were still worth something.... xD but still lol...and.. yeah always fun when people dig up a necropost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
FH
Boo this man
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
arbearday i cant believe you are even whining about loot on your like what 4th alt?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/19/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Thell
arbearday i cant believe you are even whining about loot on your like what 4th alt?

Thell.... did you even look at the date at which this was posted? This !@#$ got necro'd so hard.
Reply Quote
03/23/2011 06:15 AMPosted by Cinnaminson
IMHO, the worst thing ever to happen to wow was LFD. It's pretty much destroyed any sense of server community.
yeah basically that.and..

04/20/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Arbearday

Thell.... did you even look at the date at which this was posted? This !@#$ got necro'd so hard.
300g says he didnt...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]