Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

Community Manager
We want to give everyone an early heads-up regarding our plan to implement a guild relocation service for World of Warcraft. The idea is for a guild leader to be able to transfer a guild to another realm. The guild structure remains intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability).

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer. Upon a successful transfer they will automatically be part of the guild when they first log into the new realm. Their guild rank and guild reputation will be intact.

Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service. These services are in development and we will be providing additional details at a future point in time.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the guild relocation service in a way that will not disrupt the game play experience. Please note that this feature will require extensive internal testing, so you may see bits and pieces of the service appear on the public test realms. We'll announce further details at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com .
94 Troll Druid
That's actually pretty darn cool.
85 Worgen Warrior
Now if there is a mass guild xfer cost reduction....

25 (+ standby and non raiding members) * $25 is a lot of green, something like a packaged deal perhaps?

85 Human Priest
AWESOME.

This should help quite a bit.
100 Tauren Druid
How about a guild faction change? there is like 5 horde to 1 aliance on my server.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah i hope u guys give a discount to guild members transferring with there guild.
Edited by Stonekeep on 3/23/2011 9:19 AM PDT
50 Draenei Shaman
What happens if the realm already has a guild by that name? Would the guildmaster also have to pay to change the guild name first on the realm they're leaving, or would the guild be flagged for a rename upon transferring?
85 Tauren Warrior
How about a guild faction change?

Good news, nonetheless.

*edit - derptypo
Edited by Tomicide on 3/23/2011 9:28 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
03/23/2011 9:26 AMPosted by Tomicide
How about a guild faction change?

Good news, nonetheless.

*edit - derptypo

Where is the ooze coming from this time?!?
90 Tauren Druid
You won't get a discount. The service is quite popular at its current cost, there is no legitimate business reason to discount it.
100 Undead Warlock
Hex
Ugh, this stuff makes me sick. More price gouging for services that should be cheap if not free.
100 Draenei Paladin
This will make a lot of people happy.

There should be some sort of option for a mass character transfer with a guild transfer, however. Like perhaps the members could collectively pay $200 to give every guilded member and alt the option of transferring along with the guild to the destination.

Want to buy achievement+reward transfer service for those of us who have main switched!
Edited by Eloderung on 3/23/2011 9:37 AM PDT
85 Worgen Rogue
my thought is what about the guild members who do not want to transfer. They get left un-guilded? I mean here is a prime scenario. The guild leader gets mad about something personal or has a fight with someone in the guild. So they get all mad and server transfer and take the guild with them. So all the hard work others have put in building the guild is wasted.

Point being this is going to become a huge problem. If this gets done it should not destroy the guild on the main server as it takes the whole guild to build it up not just one person. And there are guilds that go through leadership change every so often and this could happen.

86 Blood Elf Hunter
I think they'd be surprised in the number people that would transfer if they gave a quantity discount. There are many low pop servers that have made raiding practically impossible. I know I have 6 high level characters stuck on a realm that I don't play anymore because of that and I refuse to pay $150 to move them all. Most of the people in my old guild was in a similar situation. Eventually most either quit the game or rerolled on another server since leveling is pretty easy these days.
85 Night Elf Priest
03/23/2011 9:32 AMPosted by Monkeyslayr
Ugh, this stuff makes me sick. More price gouging for services that should be cheap if not free.

Although it may seem easy, and a simple flip of the switch, it's not really that simple. The more stuff a person has, the more data which has to be accounted for when it gets switched and it's not all stored in the same central location the way you would think it would. They didn't initially have the capability to allow these changes in this way and they had to work to develop a system which would allow this to function, that costs money in man hours they put in on it.

Why should it be free? The cost if anything I think is small enough that it would deter people from constantly doing it in real life while still being accessible enough that it's an option.

We want to give everyone an early heads-up regarding our plan to implement a guild relocation service for World of Warcraft. The idea is for a guild leader to be able to transfer a guild to another realm. The guild structure remains intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability).

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer. Upon a successful transfer they will automatically be part of the guild when they first log into the new realm. Their guild rank and guild reputation will be intact.

Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service. These services are in development and we will be providing additional details at a future point in time.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the guild relocation service in a way that will not disrupt the game play experience. Please note that this feature will require extensive internal testing, so you may see bits and pieces of the service appear on the public test realms. We'll announce further details at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com .

This sounds really cool!

I do have a question though? Will you guys at some point allow same realm, different faction switch? There are some alliance guilds which might want to be horde, or vice versa I imagine, more than simply wanting to move to a different server.
90 Tauren Druid
03/23/2011 9:37 AMPosted by Saelle
I think they'd be surprised in the number people that would transfer if they gave a quantity discount. There are many low pop servers that have made raiding practically impossible. I know I have 6 high level characters stuck on a realm that I don't play anymore because of that and I refuse to pay $150 to move them all. Most of the people in my old guild was in a similar situation. Eventually most either quit the game or rerolled on another server since leveling is pretty easy these days.

Yes, I chose to move only two of my toons and have since levelled a third. It was expensive, but not 150 bucks.
90 Tauren Druid
WTS lvl 25 Guild. Will transfer to your server. 5 bank tabs filled with raid mats, herbs, ores, leatehrs and epics. 200,000 Gold.

Anyone else see problems with this? By providing this service, Blizzard is giving the go ahead to GMs to just disappear on an entire guild. Combine this with a name change (for the character and the guild) and how will the old guild even know where all their hard earned items, gold and reputation went?

Your GM decides he is tired of playing or just wants to play with friends on another server, what rights do you have to stop it? Will there be an announcement requirement? A vote from senior guild members? Or is it just going back to the "The GM owns the guild and everything in it, and the other members have no rights." mentality?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]