Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

84 Draenei Shaman
I like the name change service. The guild realm move service....not so much.

If I help a guild get to where it is and contribute to the bank--not only equipment and trade goods, but the cha-ching I've been earning--and one person decides to move it... ummm Hold the phone! That means I either have to pay cash to move my character(s) or start over. Not because I'm getting kicked out, but because the GM thinks the grass is greener somewhere else.

Actually, moving guilds might just become another profitable business...
Get a guild and recruit players into it--knowing a nifty profit can be made by moving your guild and/or kicking everyone out. Start a new toon on every server, start a new guild on each one, in a couple months move all those guilds to your primary server, remove all gold and items... Hey guys, you might just create another problem with this.

Don't screw with guildies just because we'd rather contribute to a guild than to manage one.

Perhaps the issue to be solved is bank toons. Those individuals who have started a guild purely for more bank space and/or banking purposes for their alts (I have one). I can see it being okay for them to move their guilds. Maybe the problem to be solved is not moving guilds over to new realms, but creating another banking system to be used across alts.

85 Worgen Death Knight
Edited:

After reading 11 pages of posts, I did not see a blue reply yet, so I have some things to ask (some of which has been asked already). Nethaera, what about for people with many of their alts in the same guild as their main (as is my case with my own guild)? Will you have a package deal to switch all of one's characters to a new realm with guild instead of having to pay the fee for potentially ten characters individually? Before someone says "WHO HAS TEN CHAR ON ONE REALM," I do, and I would like to take them all with me to a realm that is better for me.

Also, will you be implementing a guild faction change option to coexist with the guild realm change? I would love to return to the Horde on another realm, and I would love even more to not have to level all of my characters again via starting new ones due to the possible extreme financial constraint of transferring all of my characters from one realm to another and then faction changing all of them individually with the guild.
Edited by Nightshade on 3/23/2011 11:27 PM PDT
7 Orc Hunter
wow great.... so now all low pops will be no pops....

I really hope bliz has plans to fix low pop servers as well.
Edited by Iamsweetbay on 3/23/2011 11:23 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Since a guild has many members, making the guild worthwhile, i should assume those members have a right to decided if the guild would move. Then again each guild function differently then the next.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I agree about the bulk moving issue. I have 7 levelled toons on my home server, plus two bank alts. When my guild was considering moving (due to the desertion of our server by our faction over the last 4 years), I had to weigh the cost of moving 7 toons or abandoning some of them. Neither prospect was very attractive.

I know there's no financial incentive for Blizzard to do so other than being nice to their customers, but we really should be able to pay around twice the amount for moving one character to bulk move our entire account from one server to another.

For that matter, they should offer paid transfers between regions for those of us who have moved internationally. Between the time shift and the latency of playing in the US from overseas, I don't get to do any end-game content anymore.
85 Orc Death Knight
To bad it probablys gunna have a price just like most things for transfer of anthing that we would make for free u suppose
55 Human Warlock
hi can i be your friend and joint mt group
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I for one am looking forward to the whole guild name change thing... I kinda chose the name when I was extremely tired and I don't want to just disban it and make a new one because we bought 5 tabs and got it to level 3 ><
I am very pleased with the name change thing, although the guild realm transfer thing? THAT is stupid.
(although it has always been the case that the guild leader could just take all the items in the guild bank and all the gold disband it and change their name, now they can just do that and keep all the guild levels...)
Basically if you have something that you would get angry if someone took, don't put it in the guild bank, put it in your personal bank.... kind of common sense no?
Edited by Largosan on 3/24/2011 1:49 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I am very much against this, at least as it is currently proposed. I see it as Great way for Guild Leaders to steal the Guild Bank. I can see it now the GL moves the Guild without telling, or only telling a handful of the Guild. Then the next day Players sign in a find themselves guildless, their perks, and Guild rep gone, and no hide or hair of the Guild Leader. There Will be hundreds if not thousand of My GL must have been hacked tickets.

There needs to be adequate advance notice to all guild members.

This should not be something totally up to the Guild Leader,. It should require at least 2/3rds or ¾ ths of the active guild members to sign off on it.

There needs to be some kind of protection, or arrangement for The Guild members left behind. I am disabled and on a fixed income. There is no way I can afford a server transfer for even one of my toons. I have put a lot of time and effort into my guild, I have contributed a lot to the guild bank, and I put 3 months worth of grindings my exalted Guild rep.

There are several things that can be done in cases like mine:

A scholarship fund set fund; Where members transferring pay a bit extra, with the excess being applied toward the transfer of a player designated, by the GL or “paying’ player. This can range from a few dollars, taken off the designated players transfer cost to it being paid in full. Limit to one toon per account.

Another possibilities:

For every X number of guild members transferring, blizzard will allow 1 free transfer, of a player designated The GL. Again limited to one toon per account;

The establishment of a Shadow Guild for the player lift behind, with one or two Bank tabs, and X % of the items and gold left behind. The items taken/left behind, should be chosen at random;

Or allowing the Guild Member left behind to keep their current guild rep, in joining or starting a new guild.
90 Human Warrior
Now if there is a mass guild xfer cost reduction....

25 (+ standby and non raiding members) * $25 is a lot of green, something like a packaged deal perhaps?

Yeah I think it would be unfair if you didn't get a discount considering the amount of people who are looking for a transfer.
93 Gnome Warlock
my thought is what about the guild members who do not want to transfer. They get left un-guilded? I mean here is a prime scenario. The guild leader gets mad about something personal or has a fight with someone in the guild. So they get all mad and server transfer and take the guild with them. So all the hard work others have put in building the guild is wasted.

Point being this is going to become a huge problem. If this gets done it should not destroy the guild on the main server as it takes the whole guild to build it up not just one person. And there are guilds that go through leadership change every so often and this could happen.

From the description it sounded like the guild would essentially get cloned somewhere else while leaving guild officers who don't transfer the option of keeping the current guild around (sans gbank things most likely).
90 Troll Warrior
Right now if you transfer a character and the name is already taken on the new server you're forced to rename the toon on login - but you don't pay the renaming fee on top of the xfer fee. I'm guessing it would work the same way when a GM were to first login and the name was taken.
100 Orc Warrior
03/24/2011 2:20 AMPosted by Emjae
Right now if you transfer a character and the name is already taken on the new server you're forced to rename the toon on login - but you don't pay the renaming fee on top of the xfer fee. I'm guessing it would work the same way when a GM were to first login and the name was taken.

if you know the realm you are transfering to and want a name change as well, create a toon with the name you hate and level it to ten or so, get a few easy achievements and wallaah! your transfered toon gets flagged for a rename. easy as pie
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Many people do not understand that a cost for a service like this is MANDATORY. Be it $10 like City of Heroes or $25 like World of Warcraft, without a cost people would transfer back and forth on a whim, thousands upon thousands of transfer requests a day (actually, they probably get that many NOW, think how many they'd get if it were free). The cost makes people THINK about it first, and if they really want to do so, they pay the fee to show they really want it and aren't just jumping servers back and forth.
This is all well and good, but there's one huge gap that Blizzard has forgotten.

Why isn't there an account based [faction/server] transfer service?

Admittedly, I am an alt-junkie. I have many alts, mostly for the reason of professions. My alts serve as my tailor, jewelcrafter, leather worker, etc. Recently I got it in me, after much frustration with the alliance on my server, to faction switch. The problem is, if I were to faction switch all of my toons, with the current cost model, it would cost me around $300 USD. That price is insane for something that I'm sure for the most part is completely automated. There needs to be a "reasonable price model" for longtime players (i.e. customers) like us who would like to keep their time investment intact and explore other areas of the game.
100 Draenei Shaman
We want to give everyone an early heads-up regarding our plan to implement a guild relocation service for World of Warcraft. The idea is for a guild leader to be able to transfer a guild to another realm. The guild structure remains intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability).

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer. Upon a successful transfer they will automatically be part of the guild when they first log into the new realm. Their guild rank and guild reputation will be intact.

Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service. These services are in development and we will be providing additional details at a future point in time.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the guild relocation service in a way that will not disrupt the game play experience. Please note that this feature will require extensive internal testing, so you may see bits and pieces of the service appear on the public test realms. We'll announce further details at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com .

Nethaera, I have a question concerning the guild naming change options. Are there going to be any restrictions on the guild names should a guild decide to change its name from someone acceptable to something unacceptable? I only ask because over the past 7 years I've been reporting a lot of guild names that have been breaking the RP naming policies. What is preventing these guilds from getting their name changed and then changing the name right back? Also how are you going to handle should a guild decide that it is no longer "RP", gets hacked and has it's name tarnished?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]