Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

86 Worgen Rogue
I can see where the person who got the sigs and came up with a name and designed tabard might want to keep it if he decides to transfer. I agree with earlier posters that their should be a notification period as to allow an amicable division of common property, so people don't ninja whole guilds.
90 Tauren Shaman
This is an interesting service. It would have proven extremely lucrative in a previous game I played. *wink* Thank you for providing it here!
90 Gnome Warrior
funny that u gotta pay $25 bones too move u chars i got 4 chars in my guild $100 for a guild move should b free bro, wtf blizzard u greedy bastards, not everyone has money, ive played this game 5 years plus i think its about time u start doing things for free. i mean really.
Edited by Cutiekin on 3/24/2011 4:08 PM PDT
90 Troll Mage
If that type of scenario where gms xfer should happen to many guilds Blizz would probably put a stop to it till they find a way to prevent such actions as it would probably be against the TOS. Blizz game masters would have more petitions than they could handle. Any GM who would do that to his guild was not a good GM to begin with. A lot of the worst case scenarios are speculation a GM would probably be limited on what he can take just like regular server Xfers have limits to gold mats etc because such cases would hurt raiding guilds more than any other. Untill all information on how it would work is out there really is no reason to fear the worst.
Edited by Ashani on 3/24/2011 4:09 PM PDT
89 Night Elf Hunter
Personaly I think the members should be able to transfer for free if the guild decides to transfer.
90 Undead Warlock
Hell Yeah!
70 Tauren Shaman
How about you guys stop being so greedy and take your hands out of peoples pockets for once and let guilds transfer to realms/factions with lower population to fix some server imbalance. 25 bucks for a server change is rediculus.

How about you stop being so greedy and take your hands out of your own pockets and realise that Blizzard Entertainment has always been a business, and that businesses make money.

If they gave this service out for free, the sheer amount of people that would take up on it would end up costing them more than if they'd charged for it.

It does in fact cost them money to do these things. R&D costs for implimenting and designing, programmer/developer salaries, hardware costs...

You guys all think this is magic right?

Theres a difference between having a buissness and milking people just because they can. I dont see what the problem is, its not like they are going out of buissness, why not take a bit of a loss and try to fix this. It would also show that they are not just a game dev trying to squeeze you for as much as they can, and that they care about the quality of the game overall.

Free server transfers to a low pop have happened before. Though I do not know why they dont do it anymore or why its so rare. Heavy server imbalance is a problem on many realms and they have done nothing to try to fix this. They could most likely get rid of 1/4th of the current servers, there are just to many from people back in Vanilla and BC that cried for new servers to open just for fun.
Edited by Airoch on 3/24/2011 4:58 PM PDT
85 Troll Mage
03/23/2011 9:48 PMPosted by Xanzul

HAHAHAHA since when has Bli$$ard done anything for free?

Companies exist to make money. I'm sure when you are an adult you will be able to figure that out and accept it.

Wow, I am glad I have received an economics lesson, who would have thought companies make money. That is not my point, my point is everything bli$$ard does they charge you for. Granted they are luxuries that are not neccesary but none the less it grates me a little that everything they doe has a price attatched.
85 Human Mage
03/23/2011 9:37 AMPosted by Saelle
I think they'd be surprised in the number people that would transfer if they gave a quantity discount. There are many low pop servers that have made raiding practically impossible. I know I have 6 high level characters stuck on a realm that I don't play anymore because of that and I refuse to pay $150 to move them all. Most of the people in my old guild was in a similar situation. Eventually most either quit the game or rerolled on another server since leveling is pretty easy these days.

I'm one of those people that's put their account on hold because I'm stuck on a low-pop server (at least Alliance on my server is low-pop). Given any way off this desolate rock that doesn't involve spending $100, I'd resub.
90 Gnome Warrior
for one bro that company blizzard has enuff money. two not everyone in this world got a$$ loads of money. if the GM of ur guild gets too move for free why not everyone in the guild get real would ya that would plz everyone not just ur guild leader
Edited by Cutiekin on 3/24/2011 5:52 PM PDT
03/24/2011 4:57 PMPosted by Airoch
Free server transfers to a low pop have happened before. Though I do not know why they dont do it anymore or why its so rare. Heavy server imbalance is a problem on many realms and they have done nothing to try to fix this.
the reason why they kinda stopped doing free realm Xfers...

with realms where it was say... 80% horde 20% alliance... the alliance jumped ship... so it went 85/90% to 10....

now if it was free Xfer for alliance to alliance low pop servers.. or free Xfer for horde leaving that server... great..
70 Tauren Shaman
03/24/2011 6:19 PMPosted by Taggthemage
Free server transfers to a low pop have happened before. Though I do not know why they dont do it anymore or why its so rare. Heavy server imbalance is a problem on many realms and they have done nothing to try to fix this.
the reason why they kinda stopped doing free realm Xfers...

with realms where it was say... 80% horde 20% alliance... the alliance jumped ship... so it went 85/90% to 10....

now if it was free Xfer for alliance to alliance low pop servers.. or free Xfer for horde leaving that server... great..

Stupid mistake on their part. Why would you allow it to go both ways.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
PLEASE make this come together as fast as possible, Blizzard, my guidlies and I will be getting off our dead server as soon as you release this. I really, really, really hope it's soon.

Keep us posted!!
20 Worgen Druid
Personally, I think this "service" is a low blow. First off, I'm the type of person who reasons out what I'm going to do before I do it. I carefully choose if I want a druid night elf, or a mage gnome. I know that's not everybody's style, but it is my style.

This service has my guild wanting to swap to horde en masse, which I don't think they EVER would have considered had this service not been introduced. But apparently, the alliance has become too "stale" for the core guild leaders of my guild, and the horde is just so cool, so they're considering transferring en-masse. Leaving me with the option of joining in or Gquiting.

So Gquit you say? Maybe last expansion I would have. But I'm pretty close, within 10K or so of Exalted with my guild (not on this char, but my main, I'm protecting my identity on this one). If I Gquit, I lose all that progress and have to start fresh. Basically, my playstyle of sticking to my choices and loyalty to my faction/server is wounded by my guildy's desire for "fresh air" and "change." I have no desire to be a blood elf or an orc. I rolled a worgen druid, in this case, to be a Worgen. But the fact that I have invested in my guild and ground rep up from neutral is now held under duress to the top officer's desire to change scenery.

I have no problem with individuals swapping servers to be with friends, or rerolling their character into a new race. What I do have a problem with is MY PROGRESS being erased, through no fault of my own, owed to SOMEONE ELSE'S desire to go SOMEWHERE ELSE. My server is my home in this game. To uproot MY HOME by giving undue power to MY GUILD is a "service" I would never have asked for. I call it the fallacy of division Blizz. No thank you.
85 Troll Druid
they can do this, but they cannot implement heirlooms cross server?
85 Troll Hunter
So all u guys worrying about Blizzards effort and cost:

Part of developing software is testing - part of testing is generating scripts to run the process and log the results. I can guarantee you that the effort to move the guild is going to be something like this. Low paid clerical type inputs Guildxfer oldserver newserver oldname (optional newname)
and hits return.

This person will then take the next request and repeat again and again. If it took more than 30 days to defray the cost of development (mostly cut and paste from existing database manipulation scripts) I'd be VERY surprised.

Never fear Bliz will make a bundle on this.
75 Troll Hunter
I'm quite confident that Blizzard realizes there are flaws with the idea, and that with this new idea, that players will get multiple other ideas. The Guild Master having all the power can easily be fixed with a vote system, that hopefully Blizzard implements. Mass Character Transfers would be a profitable AND generous option, more generous than profitable however. The idea of everyone pitching in to transfer is a nice idea, but that would most likely tie credit cards, and/or Paypals together, making the life of some greedy hacker that much easier. Like I seen a few people post, there is a lot more going on with these things than you might think. WoW is how old? Not everything works efficiently with it, so they have to do things the difficult way, most of the time.
we already pay too much for this game monthly!
85 Night Elf Druid
Love the idea altogether... Cant wait to see it implemented
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]