Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

85 Night Elf Druid
I can't wait to see all the posts about GMs transferring the guild bank with them.
90 Tauren Death Knight
With this announcement how can people say blizzard does not listen to the community. I know I dont always agree with what they decide (vet since 04) however I think its pretty clear there is no lack of effort on their part. I am ecstatic about BOTH of these services...

RIP Michel Koiter
86 Night Elf Warrior
Guild Masters have the same amount of power over their guild currently. They could simply kick everyone from the guild and keep the bank at any time.
90 Undead Warlock
Hex
03/23/2011 9:41 AMPosted by Pattycake
Ugh, this stuff makes me sick. More price gouging for services that should be cheap if not free.

Although it may seem easy, and a simple flip of the switch, it's not really that simple. The more stuff a person has, the more data which has to be accounted for when it gets switched and it's not all stored in the same central location the way you would think it would. They didn't initially have the capability to allow these changes in this way and they had to work to develop a system which would allow this to function, that costs money in man hours they put in on it.

The system is done and has paid for itself infinite times over. The maintainence on the system could easily be covered if transfers were only $2.00, but morons with disposable income have reinforced the system and instead of dropping prices after a while, they've continued to make subsequent features more and more expensive. They could raise it to $100 and still find enough saps to make it profitable, similarly, they could drop it to .50 and the influx of people doing it would still be profitable.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I also query about faction transfers for guilds, as well as the capability for adding a feature for "mass transfer" for a price higher than the normal character transfer rate and lower than, say 30 times the transfer rate?
90 Human Paladin
Looks awesome. Some good news here.

Any news on Guild name squatters, and long dead guild names? I know some awesome names that only have a level 1 Guild Master and no members... for years. Will Blizzard ever start doing "name cleanup" like some services do with their accounts? Just curious. :)
84 Gnome Death Knight
Incoming "WTS lvl 25 guild $2000 us dollars PST" yeah, that's definitely coming... definitely.
03/23/2011 9:54 AMPosted by Corebane
Incoming "WTS lvl 25 guild $2000 us dollars PST" yeah, that's definitely coming... definitely.

What do you mean incoming. probably already happens. derp.
90 Night Elf Druid
WTS lvl 25 Guild. Will transfer to your server. 5 bank tabs filled with raid mats, herbs, ores, leatehrs and epics. 200,000 Gold.

Anyone else see problems with this? By providing this service, Blizzard is giving the go ahead to GMs to just disappear on an entire guild. Combine this with a name change (for the character and the guild) and how will the old guild even know where all their hard earned items, gold and reputation went?

Your GM decides he is tired of playing or just wants to play with friends on another server, what rights do you have to stop it? Will there be an announcement requirement? A vote from senior guild members? Or is it just going back to the "The GM owns the guild and everything in it, and the other members have no rights." mentality?

I foresee this being a huge problem. Currently if a Guild Leader /disbands and steals mats and flees the server, they can be actioned for scamming. Under this system, Blizz is allowing them to potentially steal from their guilds by paying real money. I can't imagine how many posts we'll start seeing where people lost their guilds to a GM xferring in the night.
85 Undead Warrior
I'm taking bets on how long till the first GM transfers a guild, bank and all, without the members XD
85 Human Priest
Will faction changes also be supported?
90 Human Paladin
How much will this cost?

I'm gonna start the guessing at $100 and $10 for Guild Relocation and Renaming respectively.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I don't know why people would bother sticking around with a guild where the GM is a jerk. Transfer is just a symptom of a bigger problem.
85 Undead Mage
my thought is what about the guild members who do not want to transfer. They get left un-guilded? I mean here is a prime scenario. The guild leader gets mad about something personal or has a fight with someone in the guild. So they get all mad and server transfer and take the guild with them. So all the hard work others have put in building the guild is wasted.

Point being this is going to become a huge problem. If this gets done it should not destroy the guild on the main server as it takes the whole guild to build it up not just one person. And there are guilds that go through leadership change every so often and this could happen.

The lack of any rules on the matter of guild and guild leadership already took care of that, they implemented a system but forgot that it isn't a perfect world so they empower the Guild Master like a dictatorship, they can do whatever they want including kick you for no reason, deal with it and welcome to a new motto "Making homemade Dictators, all day long"....
85 Human Paladin
Cool idea. Too bad that it would just be too much $ for most of my friends and their alts to want to do this.

(I'm guessing anyway).
Edited by Krayyzie on 3/23/2011 10:05 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
03/23/2011 9:50 AMPosted by Monkeyslayr
but morons with disposable income

If you are paying $14-$15 a month to slay computer generated dragons and people, then you are one of those morons with disposable incomes.

That hair doesn't split the way you want it too.
90 Undead Warlock
Hex
03/23/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Agonist
but morons with disposable income

If you are paying $14-$15 a month to slay computer generated dragons and people, then you are one of those morons with disposable incomes.

That hair doesn't split the way you want it too.

Funny story, I've only bought 1 game card in the last 6 months, the rest of it has been free from Blizzard or other sources, I highly doubt I'd be playing if I'd been made to pay the whole time.

But that's me.

And $15 for the entire amount of content vs $25 for a simple data transfer is a whole different ballgame.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/23/2011 9:19 AMPosted by Stonekeep
Yeah i hope u guys give a discount to guild members transferring with there guild.

And why exactly do you feel you should get a discount, other than because you want one? Does your guild have a joint real life bank account? Are you all chipping in to pay hundreds for every member to move? Not likely. You're paying to move your own individual character, same as everyone else. Why should you get a discount for moving to a new server with more friends than me? Sorry, no.
85 Troll Shaman
Just wait until the first gl transfers a level 25 guild and bank and sells it on a different realm. This is drama in the making. :)

Too effin true.

However then there are statements like this:

03/23/2011 9:44 AMPosted by Krangor
Anyone else see problems with this? By providing this service, Blizzard is giving the go ahead to GMs to just disappear on an entire guild.

A gm has unlimited bank access. Can do whatever he wants with the gbank.
The gbank has 100k gold in it?
Guess what, if I so desired it (being the gm of my guild) i could easily make that 100k mine.
Then I can server transfer, name change, and never hear from them again.

This isn't some new phenomena.

The only legitimate complaint here is of people getting hacked and selling level 25 guilds.

However, I'm pretty sure that it's not going to force everyone to server transfer. The OP even said it: those who elect to take part...

So if your GM moves off server, presumably those who didn't move off server maintain the guild, and a random GM is selected. Now I'm not sure where anyone said that mats and stuff gets transferred as well. That'd be a little iffy, since it would be unfair to the people who chose to stay - but if you make it fair by leaving a copy of the guild, then you'll end up having a guild transfer with 100k gold, then come back to the original server, and dump the 100k from the original guild into the new gbank. Pretty convoluted, but still a possibility. Of course it's all speculation in the first damn place.

03/23/2011 9:44 AMPosted by Krangor
Your GM decides he is tired of playing or just wants to play with friends on another server, what rights do you have to stop it? Will there be an announcement requirement? A vote from senior guild members? Or is it just going back to the "The GM owns the guild and everything in it, and the other members have no rights." mentality?

And that statement is or is not factually true? It's called 'guild MASTER' not 'Guild Manager' or 'General Manager' or 'Guild Moderator' - MASTER.
Which effectively makes all the participants in the guild willing serfs.
Sure it's not a nice way to look at it - but my opinion is... if you didn't like the GM, you wouldn't be in his guild. And if you happen to like a GM that's an inconsiderate douche - then you need better friends.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]