Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

90 Night Elf Death Knight
This is a great idea ,i cant wait until this is active.
85 Gnome Warlock
i thought of the same thing, as our guild has been hacked in the past, so what protection will we have? i love the new guild bonuses it adds to the feeling of doing things, am very disturbed about moving things and guildies getting messed up.
6 Gnome Warrior
If I could rename my guild, I would call it Barzneelus Kerful, just because it is unique and special, like a snowflake.
Make guild name on another server + transfer the guild you made the guild name already on = free guild name change?
90 Night Elf Druid
Can you speak yet as to the intent if a Guild Changes there name and does not like it, how long before they will be able to set it back? Or will there be a several day grace period?

Sometimes you think something sounds a lot cooler... and you were wrong.
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is the best intelligent response i have viewed so far. Not a slam on the other donations by players, but an analysis of the largest issue this will create. If a GL is allowed to up and move the guild on a whim, and many choose to leave.....that is great. but as so aptly pointed out, WHY DO THE REST GET HOSED? I would propose that upon the guild being relocated/rename/whatever; those who stay in the original group should be provided a temporary guild shield that lasts some period of time. Thirty days, should be long enough to choose a new guild master, retain a bank with the same number of pages, (albeit) no items in them. The new organization should be granted a charter and free inclusion to the new guild, along with a tabard and no charge for any of this. As stated, this members PAID THEIR DUES, and as such should not be penalized. I am a leader of a 600+man guild, and the cost would be..............YOU do the numbers. Many would want to stay together and not necessarily with the guild, and many would leave with it. NEITHER side should get screwed, but those who want to leave should pay, just like every other change you allow to be the CHOICE of the player. You do have a business to run, employees to pay, and continue to develop a great game at a profit. Long live Capitalism, long live the DECENCY of fair play. Da Noch
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is the best intelligent response i have viewed so far. Not a slam on the other donations by players, but an analysis of the largest issue this will create. If a GL is allowed to up and move the guild on a whim, and many choose to leave.....that is great. but as so aptly pointed out, WHY DO THE REST GET HOSED? I would propose that upon the guild being relocated/rename/whatever; those who stay in the original group should be provided a temporary guild shield that lasts some period of time. Thirty days, should be long enough to choose a new guild master, retain a bank with the same number of pages, (albeit) no items in them. The new organization should be granted a charter and free inclusion to the new guild, along with a tabard and no charge for any of this. As stated, this members PAID THEIR DUES, and as such should not be penalized. I am a leader of a 600+man guild, and the cost would be..............YOU do the numbers. Many would want to stay together and not necessarily with the guild, and many would leave with it. NEITHER side should get screwed, but those who want to leave should pay, just like every other change you allow to be the CHOICE of the player. You do have a business to run, employees to pay, and continue to develop a great game at a profit. Long live Capitalism, long live the DECENCY of fair play. Da Noch
90 Night Elf Druid
a whole guild getting up and moving to another server ?? how about something simple like being able to obsorb a small almost dead guild and its members and the rep they already have?

I see that being much more helpful to us players but your way is the big profit way with all them sever transfer fees .. so that is going to be more popular to you.

Here is something else that is small. As a guild leader it would be nice to actually see the guild rep each member has.. are they honored? exalted? You could simply have it in the guild info on them.. i mean you do have a tab for me to force them to BUY your authinticator to be a certain rank, I know you dont get paid extra to let guild leaders to see their rep rank in guild to give out ranks such as officer within the guild.
85 Undead Warrior
So basically, Blizz is saying "If you have enough to cash to toss our way, you go ahead and feel free to rip off your entire Guild and rake in a tidy profit for yourself in one fell swoop!"

This all just seems like something they threw out there with no forethought and is perfect community fodder to distract us all while they buff Mages even more.

90 Human Death Knight
with news of this since im on non RP realm but we are a RPing guild were going to transfer to wyrmrest accord hopeing we can recruit more members to our cause there

PS: We DO NOT recruit or have a website just a normal guild with just 3 normal peeps in it but we do plan to recruit soon as we move to wyrmrest accord ;)
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This would be bad for people who have 10 lvl 85's in their guild's lol, they'd have to pay a lot if they'd want to transfer along with their guild
I agree. Well said and put.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Actually, "The GM owns the guild and everything in it, and the other members have no rights.", part you mentioned is not true at all. It says in the ToS that you do not own anything but blizzard owns it. So that makes your statement invalid.
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you! I know a lot of people across many servers that all these implements will benefit. Proof that Blizz IS listening :)
74 Night Elf Hunter
Perhaps there should be a way for the existing members to 'vote' an authorization for the guild to move. There may be people who have invested in the growth of the guild and do not agree with the need to move it. Joining a guild is always a bit of a gamble. Ya never know when the 'drama monster' is gonna rise up, sweep thru the guild, and wind up causing it's demise. You may find out it's full of cronyism or a dictatorship.
As for the price.... it aint a simple 'cut-n-paste'
85 Night Elf Druid
WTS lvl 25 Guild. Will transfer to your server. 5 bank tabs filled with raid mats, herbs, ores, leatehrs and epics. 200,000 Gold.

Anyone else see problems with this? By providing this service, Blizzard is giving the go ahead to GMs to just disappear on an entire guild. Combine this with a name change (for the character and the guild) and how will the old guild even know where all their hard earned items, gold and reputation went?

Your GM decides he is tired of playing or just wants to play with friends on another server, what rights do you have to stop it? Will there be an announcement requirement? A vote from senior guild members? Or is it just going back to the "The GM owns the guild and everything in it, and the other members have no rights." mentality?

The Guild Master has all rights to do whatever he/she wants to do with HIS/HER guild. Don't like it? Make your own. Simple as that
90 Worgen Druid
*Howls Joyously* Thanks guys !!!
90 Worgen Druid
Perhaps there should be a way for the existing members to 'vote' an authorization for the guild to move. There may be people who have invested in the growth of the guild and do not agree with the need to move it. Joining a guild is always a bit of a gamble. Ya never know when the 'drama monster' is gonna rise up, sweep thru the guild, and wind up causing it's demise. You may find out it's full of cronyism or a dictatorship.
As for the price.... it aint a simple 'cut-n-paste'

drama monsters get bit in my Pack.. and i refuse to allow for it. they don't like it theyre welcome to leave. for them who don't know how to quit your guild. type /gquit or right click on your name on the roster . as a leader I find it worthwhile to have this service coming because i'm considering moving my pack. i may or may not yet i'm not sure but i'm thinking about it... ...votings good when youve got everyone online to do so.. but when you don't .... *shrugs*
Edited by Howlsong on 3/25/2011 12:59 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]