Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

67 Troll Priest
I would like to comment on the threads said above, but I only have a question... If I have 2 guilds on different server's, would it be possible to merge the 2 guilds together...? and eliminate the undesired guild bank...? been waiting for this... =)
85 Human Priest
Guild merger? I think you're talking about something that's virtually impossible, and also easily circumvented. Create a Level 1 bank alt to serve as a mover, and keep the defunct "outgoing" guild as a bank. Chances are if two guilds are considering a merger, they already know which is going to be the surviving name, and a lot of it is probably going to have more to do with who has more bank vaults, and who has more stuff.
85 Undead Mage
This is a great feature, people may do what you say they could, but maybe their could be like, an announcement, maybe take a day or two for it to transfer so that people know its happening, but other then that this is very good Addition to the game :) Way to go Blizz
90 Night Elf Druid
03/23/2011 9:11 AMPosted by Spinnerdh
I am assuming both renaming the guild and relocating it will have a cost?

I bet it will... How else can Blizzard support it's ever growing metropolis of games and the employees that make it all work? I would however like to know how it would work for the folks who do not transfer...

I mean think about it. the guild leader hears about how over populated their server is and that there is a new realm available for play. He can transfer his entire guild of players to that realm and run raids with little lag, perhaps? He holds a vote. 75% of the members agree to go over and the rest are either not wanting to go or need time to think about it. So the Guild Leader does the transfer, and the guild moves to the other realm when he transfers over, then the other players come along. Sounds like a plan.

Now those players who weren't sure. Maybe they change their mind? Maybe they want to go along with the guild after all... or maybe some log in after months of no activity and find that their guild vanished, having gone to another realm. WHOA!- they think to themselves. What's this? Do I get a free transfer to the other realm so I can be with my guildies, or do I have to pay for it, and is it worth it? Hmmm!

And what if they move to a server thats already heavily populated. Changing the guild name might be required, and the same could very well be said for the players! They might have to change their names too, if so, would the name change be free? It ought to if the switch to a new server is gonna be a paid service.

Actually, here's a better idea - make it so that a guild and guildmembers can switch sides... My guild master, of the Holy Crusade, is planning on making another guild, this time on the horde side, and calling it "The Unholy Crusade". If we could just move the guild over to the other side, we'd save our perks, our achievements, and all our progress instead of starting all over from scratch! >.< You ought to know how annoying that must be Blizzard. Imagine if you had to delete World of Warcraft and start all over again from scratch. How long from the drawing boards will wow's first release date did THAT take I wonder? :)

Either way, paid or no, it sounds interesting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it works. Thanks for the heads up!
90 Night Elf Druid
I can see just about every positive to this but I see one huge negative. "Oh hey guys, join my guild it's awsome, yayaya." A bunch of people join, then one day, *poof*. The guild's gone and renamed, new name for the transferred person and now you're all ****** out of everything you put in that GB.
85 Gnome Warrior
I have posted and submited an idea to blizzard already concerning the power a guild leader has over other players work. Our past guild leader for 2+ years went psycho. and G dissbanned instead of handing guild over to anyone in the guild. Nothing good came of it.

23 of us had to start over from scratch. Instead of fixxing an existing problem, your gonna make it worse.

Seeing as how Blizzard has not taken time to address anyones concerns in this thread thus far, i would say the game as we use to know it has come to a close. This is one of the many last attempts to be made to get every penny possible from its player base before the game dies away.

87 Undead Warlock
I have posted and submited an idea to blizzard already concerning the power a guild leader has over other players work. Our past guild leader for 2+ years went psycho. and G dissbanned instead of handing guild over to anyone in the guild. Nothing good came of it.

23 of us had to start over from scratch. Instead of fixxing an existing problem, your gonna make it worse.

Seeing as how Blizzard has not taken time to address anyones concerns in this thread thus far, i would say the game as we use to know it has come to a close. This is one of the many last attempts to be made to get every penny possible from its player base before the game dies away.

Congratulations, you all made a bad decision. Stop acting like it's Blizz's problem.
85 Draenei Shaman
do we need to change ralms to stay in the guild. cus that would suck if just because the leader desides to change realms evryone else needs to pay 15 bucks to stay in the guild. that wuold suck so much after all the work we put into it
90 Human Priest
So if your GM moves off server, presumably those who didn't move off server maintain the guild, and a random GM is selected. Now I'm not sure where anyone said that mats and stuff gets transferred as well. That'd be a little iffy, since it would be unfair to the people who chose to stay - but if you make it fair by leaving a copy of the guild, then you'll end up having a guild transfer with 100k gold, then come back to the original server, and dump the 100k from the original guild into the new gbank. Pretty convoluted, but still a possibility. Of course it's all speculation in the first damn place

Depending on the cost of the g transfer you could basicly duplicate gbank and transfer low level toon back to original server with all the loot and then double the gold? i dont think its going to duplicate... but if so and you can talk to a few guildies to pitch in a few bucks to pay for it... you could make some huuuuugeeee loot dbl epics to sell.. give it that I think everythings goes and those who dont follow guild get nothing
85 Undead Mage
That is definitely a lot of money. Guilds won't be using this feature unless they absolutely have to. (which they have done already and just reconfigured on their own personal time.) So great you have made that easier. But I think there should be at least a 10% discount per person (or more). Since that must be at least 25 players+ in most circumstances that is still a great revenue and more guilds will use it just considering the price alone!
Edited by Narcan on 3/26/2011 6:06 AM PDT
1 Night Elf Rogue
03/25/2011 10:45 PMPosted by Chòpper
I can see just about every positive to this but I see one huge negative. "Oh hey guys, join my guild it's awsome, yayaya." A bunch of people join, then one day, *poof*. The guild's gone and renamed, new name for the transferred person and now you're all ****** out of everything you put in that GB.

Ok there's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin

1. Why would you join some random guy's guild and then trust him enough to dump all your items in the guild bank?

2. Even right now before the service is implemented a GM could have full access to the guild bank, take your stuff and leave the server. This has always been a trust issue and always will be, and has nothing to do with guild transfers at all. If you really can't trust your GL then I suggest either not being a part of that guild or at the very least not depositing anything in that guild's bank.

3. If you fall for such a terrible scam as this no offense you deserve to have all your stuff taken.

4. Blizzard isn't going to pass up a chance to make some money just because of the 1% of trolls using this scam that a 12 year old wouldn't fall for.

They're a business, and they exist to make money. When you QQers decide to start your own business you can go ahead and give people all kinds of free stuff and see how long you can afford to stay in business. No it doesn't matter that blizzard is a big company, they exist to make profits, period.
Edited by Casdon on 3/26/2011 6:34 AM PDT
86 Human Warrior
thats what they will be working on i hope
85 Human Death Knight
they are here to make a profit yes thats the entire point of them making Wow but at the same time thier pricing is un fair as they can charge what ever they want and people are forced to pay for it but with this guild transfer they are creating a way to make more money yes but they could at least start giving a deal on the char transfers i mean 25.00 a pop is a bit much when you have multiple toons that you play . someone who has 6 lvl 85 toons and want to transfer with thier guild it is gona cost them 150.00 when there should be a group doscount 25.00 first toon and 5.00 each additional , it isnt like there is an actualy person sitting at the computer physically doing each transfer no, they are done automatically through the computer as there is no reason what so ever to have a 25.00 charge clear across the board
Edited by Vhaer on 3/26/2011 6:50 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Priest
Ugh, this stuff makes me sick. More price gouging for services that should be cheap if not free.

Actually,it should not be free.Do you work for free?If so,I have to question your state of mind.Blizz employees do have to work to transfer characters.So yes,it should come at a cost.Just like any other thing that people have to work on.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I think this is going to be more trouble than its worth. To much drama is going to happen with this. For instance there are people who play this game that only have so much money, but have we'll say 4 toons in a guild. Thats $100 right there, to some thats a lot of money. So we will say he transfers 1 toon but the guild relys on his 4 toons what happens then. So now the guild may or may not fail. Plus lets counter in the Guild Leader gets his account hacked by a gold spammer. That server is topped out on the gold spammers money but there is another server that needs the gold, he inturns kickes everyone pays the $25 transfers sells everything now hes making all the money how are you going to fix that. Lets be honest here Blizzard is kinda slow at fixing hacks. So this in my opionon your just helping the gold spammers.
85 Human Paladin
I am a full time gamer person and in all games ive played the players make the game, expecially in a game like World of Warcraft. You see WoW is a world full of endless players, actual people in RL, without the people the game itself could not go on. Its not just a game to some people, Some make friends and some even consider people they've never met as family. It would not just be a player issue if a GM decided to disband his old server and join another, it is by all means a game issue also because Blizzard is making it apart of the game, making it a game issue with the other players that make the game itself. And as far as trust and how you shouldnt be in a guild that would do that, well you have no idea what a person can do that you don't know or have never met even if you have been in that guild from the very beginning and you have actually considered yourself as a friend of the GM, you can't trust people you have never met but in a game that shouldnt have to matter, people join guilds because its part of the game and you start to feel like you belong and you bond with other random people, you PVP with groups you know, you Raid with players that you are use to Raiding with, you RP with people you know will stick with the same story. Everything you do in that guild defines the guild itself, the game, and the players. I understand that GM are already switching realms and leave the others behind but thats just one player and they are'nt taking everything you have worked for and everything that you know. If a person or many people whoever they might be decide to change servers than fine but taking the guild with them will ruin others. If you decide to make it to where the GM can take the guild with them and leave the same guild with another person on the server then Id say great idea, but I ask that you seriously think this one over and make it to where it does not only benefit some but it benefits all. Thank you and I hope you read and consider everyones opinion and leave all options open.
Edited by Skylite on 3/27/2011 1:38 PM PDT
7 Orc Shaman
I can see it now. Level 25 guild. GM is bored with the game and decides to sell it online. Transfers guild perhaps from alliance to horde or vice versa with new name.

All old guildmates wake up and find themselves in the <no guild> guild. Then comes the now what do we do moment, followed by trying to find a new guild with frustration followed by I quit.

Good job blizz. you really thought this one through.
1 Night Elf Rogue
I can see it now. Level 25 guild. GM is bored with the game and decides to sell it online. Transfers guild perhaps from alliance to horde or vice versa with new name.

All old guildmates wake up and find themselves in the <no guild> guild. Then comes the now what do we do moment, followed by trying to find a new guild with frustration followed by I quit.

Good job blizz. you really thought this one through.

Blizz hasn't stated what the restrictions (i.e possibly not being able to transfer leadership after a guild xfer) and final details will be on the service so this is jumping to conclusions.

Also the example you speak of would be a player issue and not a game issue. GMs can already ninja the guild bank and disband the guild as it is, so if you can't trust your GM not to do those kinds of things then that's probably not a guild you should be a part of. It doesn't mean blizzard is going to not implement a system because 1% of the time it will be used for malicious purposes.
Edited by Casdon on 3/26/2011 7:22 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
Just curious here, as I don't raid since vanilla (DKP ftl?). Why would someone spend money to transfer an entire guiild, specifically if your guild is already established and raiding on your current server? What's the point in doing that, exactly? I'm not putting people down who do it - I just don't understand why a guild that's raiding on one server successfully would pay to do the exact same raids on another server.....?

Guild renaming sounds interesting, since it wouldn't affect or force the members to pay to move, etc. For instance, "Sewer Rats" has haunted me for a while now, but I'm a cheapie and refuse start over simply because I don't want to have to move all that stuff back and forth. Only six members, yes I know, but the loss of bank tabs and the aggravation of having to do all that again just isn't worth it. I'd pay for a new name though - just to keep from having to move it all and re-purchase the tabs, etc.

Guild moves sounds like a very bad idea to me. "WTB lvl 25 guild $1500USD PST!!!" or even worse "WTS..." My account was hacked one time - and I was the GM with 194 members. It SUCKED for everyone. Took weeks to get it all sorted out with Blizzard. IMO Blizz will need extremely stringent rules to make this workable and acceptable in any form whatever.

Either way - luck to all of you and happy adventures!
90 Night Elf Druid
Working through this is going to be a nightmare....what about those who dont want to transfer? What happens to their guild rep.. do they lose out kos they do not want to go...
Why does the GM have the automomy to make the decision...having been in so many guilds where the GM has done a bunk with all the goodies this is not the way to go as i see it.....just seems like same old same old to me.

As it is guilds havent changed really except for perks and lerks ....you still have the users and the losers in the use of gear from the bank, all the rubbish is available to most of the guild and the select few get the use of the good stuff ...which by the way should have changed considering that the high end levellers are contributing cash everytime they kill something or loot something in wow and contribute to the guild rep....i see it having endless problems at this stage ...probably any stage, i am sure as hell would not be impressed if i lost all guild rep kos i was happy staying on the server i was on and my guild transferred out with all the rep ........ :)

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]