Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

23 Human Hunter
they should make your first tranmsfer free :P
85 Troll Rogue
this is all very nice, but when will you implement some way to send BOA (bind on ACCOUNT) gear to toons who reside on other servers?
16 Human Warlock
03/26/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Castortroy
It is also just good business to give options to players.

Not if you have to pay for every single option.
85 Night Elf Rogue
03/26/2011 2:27 PMPosted by Infuriated

I'm not sure what more you expect, for an overall cost (inculding the OPTIONAL services) it is still a ridiculously low price to pay for all the time we spend on it. McDonalds gives you options on your meal size....guess what....they aren't free.
85 Night Elf Rogue
I take that back, there is one free option Blizz gives you to solve all your problems...stop playing, or look at the value of the service taking into consideration time played. I bet if you take your /played time and divided it by the total amount you have spent in fees, you won't find any other way to spend your time even remotely cheaper than this.
87 Undead Warlock

So when was the last time you went to a salon or bought a car?
Edited by Adonna on 3/26/2011 4:31 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
In the case of a pissed off GM who transfers her guild.. I get the concept of people having contributed and made the guild what it is. So who would be made GM then if a guild of the same name or whatever is left on the orig server? That doesn't work either.

Need to figure out a lot of things before this Guild transfer concept will work without causing more issues than it fixes. :)

Go Bliz!
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Although it may seem easy, and a simple flip of the switch, it's not really that simple. The more stuff a person has, the more data which has to be accounted for when it gets switched and it's not all stored in the same central location the way you would think it would. They didn't initially have the capability to allow these changes in this way and they had to work to develop a system which would allow this to function, that costs money in man hours they put in on it.

Why should it be free? The cost if anything I think is small enough that it would deter people from constantly doing it in real life while still being accessible enough that it's an option.

Sure, they had to develop a system, but we pay a $15/month subscription, which should be enough to pay for any man power they need and then some! To prevent people from switching over and over and over, they could impliment a cooldown system or something. There is no excuse whatsoever for charging players to transfer characters. Doesn't blizz say something like "this game is a MMO, and as such, should be played with friends"? Well, making us pay a $25 fee every time we want to switch realms to play with friends or something is hypocritical and ridiculous! I have at least two friends that want to switch to my realm, or want me to switch to their realm, but neither of us want to spend the money to switch! Blizz itself is keeping me from playing the game the way they intend, with friends. Thank you for reading this lengthy post, sorry if I offend anyone at blizzard, just want to voice my thoughts.

16 Human Warlock
03/26/2011 3:24 PMPosted by Castortroy

I'm not sure what more you expect, for an overall cost (inculding the OPTIONAL services) it is still a ridiculously low price to pay for all the time we spend on it. McDonalds gives you options on your meal size....guess what....they aren't free.

Don't try comparing this to a fast food restaurant. The fact is we already pay per month and to charge your players for every new thing you implement is not a good thing.
16 Human Warlock
03/26/2011 4:23 PMPosted by Adonna

So when was the last time you went to a salon or bought a car?

This is a poor comparison.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
03/25/2011 5:19 AMPosted by Adonna
By the way, I'd like to know what game any of you have played where the guild leader did not have ultimate control of everything in the guild?

good point then it could be as bad as another game where officers has as much power as the GM and find one of those so-called trusted has "guild spiked" everyone out of guild to leave GM with no one in his/her guild.

We are pretty damn lucky here in azeroth.

* guild spike - mass kick of all guild members.
Edited by Nightvyxen on 3/26/2011 5:29 PM PDT
90 Tauren Shaman
I see a huge problem with this.

GM's account gets hacked > Guild gets sold > Blizzard takes a long time fixing everything, and inevitably since this is a new service, won't fix everything.

I see this happening ALOT.

Safeguards better be in place. Because once the gold farmers find out about this, they're going to target every level 20+ GM, so they'd ALL better have authenticators(Spend more money for a monthly paid-game).

Otherwise, yes, the whole guild should xfer or have an option to do so for free. Lots of folks in guilds don't have access to that kind of cash(Anyone whose parents buy their account, Philly kids, etc)
1 Night Elf Rogue
I see a huge problem with this.

GM's account gets hacked > Guild gets sold > Blizzard takes a long time fixing everything, and inevitably since this is a new service, won't fix everything.

I see this happening ALOT.

So what's the difference between your example and a GM getting hacked and the hacker ninjas the guild bank and /gdisbands? Or they could just get authenticators and not get hacked (oh noes a free phone autheticator or omg..6 whole dollars for the keychain. CORPORATE GREED!!)
85 Blood Elf Warlock
To combat the "GM gets hacked and makes off with the guild" scenario, I propose the following:

Implement an optional rank of "advisor" which is:

- A rank type consisting of one or more characters, all of whom must be online at the same time and confirm the GM's decision to perform certain actions, such as to disband the guild, or to transfer it.

This allows the GM to protect the guild. Much like the 'require authenticator' rank type, it is optional. It should also be able to be stacked with 'require authenticator' for best protection.

Looking back at the core issue, if your GM doesn't have an authenticator, you're much more likely to be a sitting duck than if the GM did have one.
90 Orc Warlock
If its about the cost ,wine. The relm i'm in not very friendly people so serious its not fun. people getting kicked from dungeon's because they miss a move or spell especially If there more than 2 people from same Guild in the same Dungeon.
I have been playing on public test relm and people are great and helpful. I know there are other Servers where there are people that want to work together and have fun and not make a job out of it.
Only problem there are 19 in the guild I'm in and only 2 active.
I'm ready to transfer, and I have worked hard to get our Guild where it is. I think solution would be toon should have option to rejoin guild if it transfers. One paid transfer would include all toons on that account in same Relm.
85 Human Mage
03/23/2011 9:23 AMPosted by Morning
What happens if the realm already has a guild by that name? Would the guildmaster also have to pay to change the guild name first on the realm they're leaving, or would the guild be flagged for a rename upon transferring?

I'd love to know the answer to this one. Great question.
85 Orc Death Knight
im lv l80 w00t
85 Undead Warrior
I have read throught this thread and laughed alot! Where did anyone get the idea that a guild "belongs" to the members? I assure you that regardless of how much "work", "effort" or whatever else you want to call it that you have put into it, the guild, guild bank, everything in it etc... BELONG to the guy that created the guild.

Facts are facts, deal with it and pick decent people to associate with.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Excellent post.

To combat the "GM gets hacked and makes off with the guild" scenario, I propose the following:

Implement an optional rank of "advisor" which is:

- A rank type consisting of one or more characters, all of whom must be online at the same time and confirm the GM's decision to perform certain actions, such as to disband the guild, or to transfer it.

This allows the GM to protect the guild. Much like the 'require authenticator' rank type, it is optional. It should also be able to be stacked with 'require authenticator' for best protection.

Looking back at the core issue, if your GM doesn't have an authenticator, you're much more likely to be a sitting duck than if the GM did have one.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I should have posted it sooner, thank you. Click the "like" thinger; hopefully it will get some attention. I am very curious to see how the guild transfer system will be implemented.

Perhaps some new rank toys such as the 'advisor' idea will be implemented when the new 'looking for guild' system is rolled out.
Edited by Starien on 3/26/2011 8:17 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]