Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

85 Human Warrior
Does this service also work for free moves? Can a GM move his guild when there is a free character move, and have the guild members come with him, with full rep and experience?
85 Undead Priest
My guild just server transferred and went from being lvl 19 to lvl 1, I went from being almost exalted to friendly again, and we were well on our way to getting our cauldron recipe. Now we are starting all over from scratch again.

Are guilds like ours going to be compensated in any way? Our guild on the other server is still intact so would it be possible to bring it over and put all of our members into it again? Is there going to be any storage of guild reputation if we do go back to our lvl 19 guild or is the rep we gained instantly lost when joining another guild and we have to start all over again?
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Foresee many threads on

"My guild leader transferred servers!"
90 Pandaren Warrior
maybe once every alliance guild ends up on horde they will see the clear advantages the racials add
85 Orc Warrior
My guild just server transferred and went from being lvl 19 to lvl 1, I went from being almost exalted to friendly again, and we were well on our way to getting our cauldron recipe. Now we are starting all over from scratch again.

Are guilds like ours going to be compensated in any way? Our guild on the other server is still intact so would it be possible to bring it over and put all of our members into it again? Is there going to be any storage of guild reputation if we do go back to our lvl 19 guild or is the rep we gained instantly lost when joining another guild and we have to start all over again?

Did you get back your 900g when Dual Spec went from 1000g to 100g? Did you get 990g back when it dropped to 10g? Historically Blizzard has not compensated people for doing something at a higher cost, or prior to it being available, and I'd be shocked if they did in this case. Plus who knows how much this is going to cost, but I'm sure it won't be $25 or $30. As it's a lot more work. So it may turn out that the cost is high enough to make it prohibitive to be abused (and thus for some, not worth it, they'll just start over)
Edited by Pukka on 3/23/2011 11:02 AM PDT

Did you get back your 900g when Dual Spec went from 1000g to 100g? Did you get 990g back when it dropped to 10g? Historically Blizzard has not compensated people for doing something at a higher cost, or prior to it being available, and I'd be shocked if they did in this case. Plus who knows how much this is going to cost, but I'm sure it won't be $25 or $30. As it's a lot more work. So it may turn out that the cost is high enough to make it prohibitive to be abused.

I'm in the same boat actually. We moved 2 weeks ago from Emerald Dream to Stormreaver. I'm not asking for any kind of financial compensation. I'm fine with all the money we spent moving our toons, toon by toon to this server.

BUT... it would be REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY nice if Blizzard could retroactively help move our guild levels, achievements, and rep for the 20+ people who moved servers. I personally paid $100 for my 4 toons to come over, several others paid for 2-3 themselves. Collectively we paid around 1,000 - 1,500 dollars to move our guild. The least Blizzard could do is move our reps, levels, and achievements. And we had our 25-man cauldron recipe and many other hard to get achievements which benefit our raiding btw. So I'm not QQ'ing about minor stuff here.

What peeves me off the most is that I put in trouble tickets about this vary thing 2 weeks ago when we moved and was told simply to put in a feature request on the forums. To see this today... RRRRRR. I just hope Blizzard does the proper thing and helps us move, again our level, rep, and achievements.
Edited by Livistos on 3/23/2011 11:07 AM PDT
This sounds like a way to sell guilds.

I fully expect to see the gold farmers and power leveling services start to offer guild level 25. The worst part is that doing this wouldn't result in anyone being penalized in-game.

I am really interested in seeing how Blizzard plans on preventing a black market guild leveling service from occurring without also penalizing legitimate guild transfers.
85 Orc Warrior

I'm in the same boat actually. We moved 2 weeks ago from Emerald Dream to Stormreaver. I'm not asking for any kind of financial compensation. I'm fine with all the money we spent moving our toons, toon by toon to this server.

BUT... it would be REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY nice if Blizzard could retroactively help move our guild levels, achievements, and rep for the 20+ people who moved servers. I personally paid $100 for my 4 toons to come over, several others paid for 2-3 themselves. Collectively we paid around 1,000 - 1,500 dollars to move our guild. The least Blizzard could do is move our reps, levels, and achievements.

ESPECIALLY since I posted about it and put in trouble tickets about this vary thing 2 weeks ago when we moved and was told simply to put in a feature request on the forums. To see this today... RRRRRR. I just hope Blizzard does the proper thing and helps us move, again our level, rep, and achievements.

Well, first of all this service is going to be an ADDITIONAL fee on top of moving your characters (why would they do this for free? They've already suggested it is going to take quite a bit of development and testing to build this (which equates to COST (developers, testers, etc.))). I would not at all be surprised if the fee is high enough to discourage it (just like character transfer is $25, faction change is $30, etc.), and will most definitely be separate from your moving your characters (aka I believe the GM will have to purchase this first, than pay to move his characters as well (or it might include moving the actual GM character)), and as I said, will most likely be quite costly.

Now what I find interesting is that this will be paid for out of the GM's pocket (I don't see them building some way for multiple people to pay for this, so the GM will be the one putting the credit card info into the form), yet the guild doesn't belong to the GM?
Edited by Pukka on 3/23/2011 11:12 AM PDT
Dude I'll pay another $100 bucks or whatever the hell it'll cost I don't want it for free. I just want my guild levels, reps, achievements, and everything else we lost back. I want the god damn service. I'm not looking for something we don't diserve.

Also... GM's have all kinds of costs. Ventrilo, web hosting, etc. Guild transfers can be paid in the same way (we use paypal for group donations for things like this) also... in many ways the guild does belong to the GM when one individual has put money, blood, sweat and tears into his guild for 4 1/2 years.
Edited by Livistos on 3/23/2011 11:19 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Mage
Simple solution to 'guild selling' application - Lock the leadership of the guild after a transfer for 3 months or lock guildmaster transfers to guild members that are of exalted status.
Edited by Opheron on 3/23/2011 11:17 AM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
Dude I'll pay another $100 bucks or whatever the hell it'll cost I don't want it for free.

I just want my guild levels, reps, achievements, and everything else we lost back.

I want the god damn service. I'm not looking for something we don't diserve.

Yes, and I want my 990g back x 8 for all 8 toons I bought dual spec on for 1000g. I also want all the money I spent on mounts back at 40/60 in Vanilla, the list goes on and on and on. Heck I want my time back for the characters I leveled on a PvP server since I couldn't transfer from a PvE server.

I don't see this happening, sorry. You weighed the costs, you still chose to transfer and take the penalty. If this was truly a big deal, you wouldn't have transferred and would have still been on the forums asking for this service, and today you would have been a happy camper.
86 Worgen Death Knight
If you've spent a long time contributing to your guild and finally got exalted, and your GM suddnely decides he wants to transfer his guild with a few buddies over you have to dish out 25$ bucks or be forced to start over? WTH..

What if you LIKE your server? Guilds are looking more and more unappealing to me.
Are you retarded. Listen to what I'm saying. I'm not asking for any kind of financial compensation. Are you purposefully trying to troll me?

Last I checked you don't work for Blizzard. Let them respond to my request. Ok?
Edited by Livistos on 3/23/2011 11:22 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
Can't resist chiming in - lol :)

This idea is a *great* one - for many ppl :)

The potentials for abuse - hacked accounts - guild ninja'd in the night [as if - that's when most ppl play - lol] - or auctioned on <insert-auction-place here> are all at least *somewhat* addressable though...

The concept is a "guild transfer"... so to stop hacked/ninja'd:

1. Look for recent activity - such as mass kickings - not toons voluntarily dropping - to detect possible hack [perhaps no transfer eligibility until no members leave for 7 days]

2. Require a confirmation from multiple ppl in the guild - not necessarily officers [ppl can be promoted/demoted with hacked account] but ppl who have been in for a certain length of time or have a certain rep with the guild [honored/revered/etc]. The number of ppl required would be left to blizzard - but either some % of remaining members [20%] or a hard number [5 minimum?]...

3. In event of "bank toon guilds" - ie 1 member - where a hacked account = the whole guild - require a 7 day waiting period before transfer will commence - hopefully allowing for hacked person to discover and recover the account...

Actually having a 7 day transfer period for a guild - in which a guild message comes up saying "transfer in X days" [on login] - and an action to take if the account is being hacked - would be another way to stop the hack/ninja'd thing...

Insofar as the "selling" of a guild for RL $ or wow gold... perhaps requiring "voting" toons to transfer will make that unfeasable - ie - they will sell their characters off with the guild.

Example: "Goldsellers R Us" decide to post on e-bay and transfer: get $2000 for a 25 guild with 6 tabs and perks... because of the guild size - maybe 100 toons - blizz decides 10 ppl need to transfer with the guild - and they need to be 85 and revered with the guild. In order for the guild transfer to proceed - they require that on the new server - they transfer - log in - and "activate" the new guild - they've paid whatever cost for transferring - and they're stuck on the new server... and then they have no guild - and perhaps few or no friends on the new server...

If they're *that* committed - willing to spend all that collective time levelling to sell it off [not just one person here either] not sure what blizz can do - perhaps make it when the "transferrring" toons leave the guild - it disbands?

Not too likely :(

Also - perhaps having a guild "split" function later would be cool - ie - guild gets in a fight and decides to split. Currently - half the guild drops and forms a new guild or joins another - all guild perks are lost - rep - etc...

Splitting could function half like a rename - but to prevent it's abuse - maybe have the "new guild" be <old guild level> x .5 or -3 or whatever - to prevent the abuse of said feature - perhaps even "de-leveling" the original guild in the process - and such a process would again require a voting system based on guild rank/time with guild/whatever...

Anyway - sorry for the wall of text - just my 2 cents - lol :D
85 Orc Warrior
03/23/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Livistos
Are you retarded. Listen to what I'm saying. I'm not asking for any kind of financial compensation. Are you purposefully trying to troll me?

No I'm telling you that Blizzard has NEVER in the past gone back and done things like this. I'm simply saying you transferred KNOWING you would lose your guild reputation, guild level, etc. As you were unaware of this upcoming service. If they hadn't announced this today, you would still be okay, but now that they have announced this, you want to undo the choice you made (that you were OKAY with at the time). So no I'm not trolling you, simply saying you can't change your mind and go back on something as something new came out (or something better, or something cheaper).
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is a terrible idea. This means that if any GM ever blows a casket and tries to take all the hard work the guild put into it it'll be all theirs in an instant. This exact situation basically happened to my guild on Cho'gall and it took my entire guild putting in tickets tog et action taken so the guild would be given back to us. Not to mention this wasn't even with this new system in place. Just imagine the grief people can reign down on their guilds now if this is put through. All your gold, time, and resources poured into the guild will be gone. while yes in theory it is a good idea it really isn't truely necessary. This system will be abused to the ground by scam guild leaders and corrupt jerks making you do all the work while they claim all the reward. If a Blue Poster is reading this please read into the situation with Unruly super beasts on Cho'gall a few weeks ago and you will see what i mean by this. The name of the GM who assissted with the whole situation is Teifehlum.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]