Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

85 Troll Druid
ok look this does cool but what if someone was to hack into the gm's account and sell the guild or put it on another server i mean there are master hackers out there who have hacked many accounts there shound be a vote for everyone in the guild at least that's what i think
70 Tauren Shaman
How about you guys stop being so greedy and take your hands out of peoples pockets for once and let guilds transfer to realms/factions with lower population to fix some server imbalance. 25 bucks for a server change is rediculus.
85 Night Elf Druid
I personally believe this should have to be done in the same manner as creating a guild... (Make some sort of charter that 10 guildies need to sign) To actually initiate the guild change a total of 10 guild members (including the GM) need to make the payment to transfer a character over. This would prevent the GM from running off with the guild and also make it much more difficult for Gold Farmers to sell gold.

But that's just my 2 copper =)
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
Oh joy! I can finally rename my bank alt's guild! =D
90 Draenei Shaman
As much as I love my guild, I wouldn't be able to go it they transferred.

I don't like to split my characters between realms, and I simply couldn't afford $250.

I was hoping Blizzard would come up with something like a mass transfer of a guild, where members could opt-in or opt-out. A discounted group rate with a sliding scale based on number of members transferring.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Has anybody ever thought of actually getting your guild to transfer to a server where the population is low on your faction? If you dont like being the low pop faction why dont you try moving to another low pop server and try to increase the pop? people complain about why doesnt Blizzard combine servers with low pop horde and low pop ally to even them out, its easy to see why, cause then people would just faction change and make the new server imbalanced all over again. Until a group of people are proactive and want a challenge and willingly go to a server knowing they will be outnumbered for a while nothing will fix the server imbalance. If anything allowing server and faction changes caused more harm than good because people mass exodus off a server where they are outnumbered by the other faction, thus making the imbalance even worse. If not that then Blizz needs to stop faction and server changes and force realms to merge to make populations even on both sides. All this option to transfer to other realms/factions/etc does is give more and more people the option of dominating a server. Also, to those of you who like to pvp, if you go to a server where you are low pop you will have a higher chance of getting into Tol Barad, just saying :)
90 Troll Warrior
10-minium member signature requirement (only members that have existed for a long period)
Guild reputation reset or temporary lock.
Guild bank temporary lock till guild is reestablished with existing members or a curtain time passes.
Server first achievement lock (this should've been applied to any transfer character)
Absurdly long cooldown

Those are the minimums for this to be acceptable. Tired of blizz catering to shoobies and "pros" when the locals just want to surf and drink mango smoothies.
85 Human Mage
Nethaera....I love you guys! <3
85 Draenei Paladin
I'm actually concerned about this, because if you still want to be part of the guild when it makes a realm transfer, you have to pay like $25 to transfer to another realm just to be a part of a guild.

No thanks.

NO ONE is required to use this service. It is OPTIONAL. My god you people are either dense or whining for the sake of whining.

If you were on a realm with the lowest progression, you'd whine.
Edited by Crixalis on 3/23/2011 5:44 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
I'm actually concerned about this, because if you still want to be part of the guild when it makes a realm transfer, you have to pay like $25 to transfer to another realm just to be a part of a guild.

No thanks.

NO ONE is required to use this service. It is OPTIONAL. My god you people are either dense or whining for the sake of whining.

If you were on a realm with the lowest progression, you'd whine.

No he'd probably spend the money and MOVE, not whine!
90 Draenei Death Knight
people going out to the bars and spending $50.-$100.00 a night or shopping for crap ya dont need,hookers,going out to see movies or theatre, rollerskating, concerts, carnivals, and yes toon transfer are all things that could be considered "disposable income". a game i invest way to many hours a month in for $15.00 a month...... that equals .50cents a day for all that wonderful entertainment is not disposable income.lol...good try though :)
90 Human Mage
cool now some guild leader on a really big guild can steal a guild and all its wealth.
90 Undead Warlock
03/23/2011 5:20 PMPosted by Lull
Oh joy! I can finally rename my bank alt's guild! =D

You can already do so, and have been able to do so for quite some time. Open a ticket and petition a gm to change your guilds name, have at least 5 options open to them in case one of the guild names is taken. I have done this before on my previous old bank alt Egak when the guild was named <Bank Guild>, and then transferred guild leadership to my rogue Diabolicus, who is the current gm of <In The Flesh>
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]