Guild Transfer & Guild Rename Services Coming

This sounds awesome.

However, what I'm most interested in is a full server transfer. Unless this has been done already?

I've spent a lot of time making characters on a server. A bunch of friends left and went to a different server over the years. I'd love to go play with these friends but when I've already got an 85 of most classes (particularly the ones I enjoy the most), I'm not in favor of leaving them all behind.

I'd love to xfer my one server to a new server, including the guild I have, so I can continue to play with my friends. But not if it's going to cost $25 per character.
18 Night Elf Druid
03/23/2011 9:32 AMPosted by Monkeyslayr
Ugh, this stuff makes me sick. More price gouging for services that should be cheap if not free.

Their product, their service. They can charge what they want. To me, the prices are hella cheap.
100 Human Warrior
bad idea any guild leader can pay and take a guild to another realm and you dont want to go or cant afford the 25 it cost per character to transfer you loose all that rep and everything you put in the guild bank it takes more than 1 person to make a guild but your going to let 1 person decide to move it.
90 Draenei Shaman
while i think this will be an excellent service in general, it does pose an issue in terms of who is gonna have the final say-so on a guild xfer. there has always been an unspoken rule that a guild is formed by a core group of players who like doing wow content together, but that is not how guilds are formed. even with the new guild perks, guilds are being formed by ppl as extra tabs for mats and gear they don't have space for, as well as gold storage. those large guilds that xfer control from one gm to another are gonna need more than just the gm's approval for the xfer. what happens, after all, if the gm's account gets hacked and the hacker xfers then sells the guild? just a few potential issues. i'm sure tho, that blizz will see these posts and nip the bud before it sprouts :)
to pvp or not to pvp, that is the question
Edited by Shailalia on 3/23/2011 6:34 PM PDT
70 Troll Warrior
I agree thoroughly. The GL should not have the power to lay out $25 and take a guild that may have scores of members and transfer it to a new realm without the members having any real say.

In the past there may have been some justification for this attitude if the GL founded the guild, did most of the recruiting and paid for the bank and tabs...some. But with the new leveling system no one person can build a guild.

Blizz needs some system to protect members from arbitrary decisions by the GL and possibly a small group of cronies.
85 Undead Mage
Ok now im mad! Blizz cant come out with a way to mail BOA GEAR CROSS RELMS? But thay have the time to create a paid service to move guilds cross relms and guild name changes. I think its all about the $$$ at this point! Blizz I an very sad today you would do this we have been asking for along time now for the BOA cross server system and thats how you treat the fans of your game? It's a sad day for the Players but a good day for the Blizz INVESTORS
100 Troll Hunter
03/23/2011 6:48 PMPosted by Deatdealer
Ok now im mad! Blizz cant come out with a way to mail BOA GEAR CROSS RELMS? But thay have the time to create a paid service to move guilds cross relms and guild name changes. I think its all about the $$$ at this point! Blizz I an very sad today you would do this we have been asking for along time now for the BOA cross server system and thats how you treat the fans of your game? It's a sad day for the Players but a good day for the Blizz INVESTORS

Dude, They already have a system set up to transfer individual characters, so they're just taking it one step further. I went through a guild changing servers and it was really messy and took forever to get set up again.

Transferring BoA's cross realm, if you really want to do it put them on a character, xfer the character to the new realm, mail it. There you go. Give them a break, they can't do every little thing that the players want them to, or it would be a screwed up game with stupid looking items, and everything would be too easy. How about you actually relish the challenge a bit, and look back at the old days when there were no BoAs at all, people didn't complain back then about leveling alts so neither should you. They're always making this game easier, and it's not a good thing.
91 Human Warlock
Yeah I hope you guys give a discount to guild members transferring with their guild.

Agreed, otherwise there isn't any point outside of Blizzard lining their pockets.
85 Goblin Warlock
is there any real point to BoAs any more?
you lvl way to fast these days as it is (other then outland and northrend)

this new service will be a good move, but i agree as you should need about 10+ people (including the GL) to make the transfer. also with the earlier posts, i agree that there should be some sort of bulk deal with how many toons transfer with the guild.
100 Night Elf Warrior
what about the renaming?..how's that going to work?...

how about keeping that to an ingame cost....like 500g and a limit of two changes per year
90 Blood Elf Mage
An in-game cost is all it should be limited to.
85 Goblin Warlock
an in game cost for a guild rename? why not make it in game cost for toon rename? how about an in game cost for a toon race/fraction/server change? it wont happen because its a loss of money

the point is good, but people will start QQing about what i just listed
85 Worgen Druid
03/23/2011 9:32 AMPosted by Monkeyslayr
Ugh, this stuff makes me sick. More price gouging for services that should be cheap if not free.

Welcome to the world of business. You wouldn't expect your parents to work for free, would you?

Blizzard is not a charity.
100 Night Elf Druid
03/23/2011 6:16 PMPosted by Droxx
wow paid guild transfer comes before cross server BoA gear!!! didnt see this joke of a service coming, grats on squeezing more money out of ppl blizz!

Because they TOTALLY said this was being implemented like tomorrow huh?

F in reading comprehension.
100 Night Elf Druid
03/23/2011 5:23 PMPosted by Flaaffy
I assume the Guild Transfer would have to be paid still but the members could move for free

I don't think so, Flaaffy:

03/23/2011 9:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer.
Edited by Zosima on 3/23/2011 7:56 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
still skeptic about stuff ppl do like now "ninga guild leaders" figure this one out, takes a guild unbeknown by all others, changes relm, quickly changes name... how does this end?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]