Looking for clarification on hit rating

(Locked)

I was told to shoot for a 8% hit rating. Not sure what to go by. Under my melee stats mine reads,,, Hit chance +9.82%. then when I mouse over it I see. Hit rating 699 (=5.82% hit chance) I can bring it up a lot more but i was told I only need 8% which I am going by the melee stat. So I'm not sure which one to go by. what I see before mouse over or the one in
( ) when I mouse over ?

Gues im just wondering why Im seeing two hit ratings in melee, regular then mouse over
85 Worgen Rogue
Look under spell hit, as poisons are considered spells. 1332 if you have 2/3 precision, for raiding anyway.
If you're doing pve as mut you want 17% spell hit

edit: ^beat me :(
Edited by Sothoth on 3/19/2011 5:32 PM PDT
Im using 3/3 precision, and hit scales evenly between spell and melee( I believe) so what do I wanna see in melee b4 I mouse over?
So where mine reads 5.82 I wanna see 17%?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
03/19/2011 5:33 PMPosted by Stizzealth
Im using 3/3 precision, and hit scales evenly between spell and melee( I believe) so what do I wanna see in melee b4 I mouse over?

1) You have 2/3 Precision, not 3/3 but since you don't want 3/3 that's good

Edit: I see, in your Sub spec. That spec isn't any good for PVE or PVP though

2) Melee Hit and Spell Hit do not scale equally

Melee Hit Rating 120.125 = 1%
Spell Hit Rating 102.47= 1%

For a heroic you need 6%

For raiding you need 8% melee and 17% spell, to get to spell cap you've well passed melee cap
Edited by Caera on 3/19/2011 5:51 PM PDT
I dont even use Sub anymore. I only use Assass. So just keep adding hit untill i get to spell hit where i want it?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
03/19/2011 5:59 PMPosted by Stizzealth
I dont even use Sub anymore. I only use Assass. So just keep adding hit untill i get to spell hit where i want it?

Yes. With your 2/3 Precision you want to have 1332 Hit Rating. On your character sheet it will say 17% on your armory it will say 13% b/c it doesn't take talents into account.

Edit: This is a must for raiding as Assassination.

This will help you reforge very precisely and very easily

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t115053-complete_rogue_reforger_tool/
Edited by Caera on 3/19/2011 6:03 PM PDT
Cant figure out how to use the reforge tool. I downloaded the zip file, extracted it to desktop. I can find where to put my armory url at?

when i open it it just says cant read anything or something like that, press any button to close.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
The file marked reforger.cfg you need to go in there one of the first lines in URL = <dummy blank armory link here>

copy your armory url which is

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/stizzealth/advanced

and paste it into the file in place of that blank example link, save it, then run the reforger and you'll be good
Edited by Caera on 3/19/2011 7:42 PM PDT
I tried to open it and it asked me with what program do i want to open it with, on mistake i clicked word pad and now it wont give me the option to open it with any other program. At first it wouldnt open at all? sorry but not the most computer literate person
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
03/19/2011 7:51 PMPosted by Stizzealth
I tried to open it and it asked me with what program do i want to open it with, on mistake i clicked word pad and now it wont give me the option to open it with any other program. At first it wouldnt open at all? sorry but not the most computer literate person

S'alright, I would think it would open with word pad, I have it set for Notepad

Try right clicking on the file and choosing "Open with..." from the menu options that should be there.

Find Notepad and select it there should be a check box to say always use this program.
Edited by Caera on 3/19/2011 7:56 PM PDT
Well I opened it with Notepad, put my armory link next to the url=

then tried to run it and still nothing

Wait, its doing something now
Edited by Stizzealth on 3/19/2011 7:59 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
The first section of the .cfg file should look like this (note this is for my armory)

# Armory URL of your character. EU/US supported.
url = http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/caera/advanced

It's really hard to tell why it's not working for you unfortunately, cause I can't see it on your screen

so your's would look like

# Armory URL of your character. EU/US supported.
url = http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/stizzealth/advanced
I got it to work.. told me to change head, hst>>hit then shoulder,waist,wrist,and both fingers all to mastery. sound right>?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Until you can get it running on your end, I ran it for you. These are the reforges you need to change for optimized reforges. All other reforges you have can be left as is.

Haste -> Hit: Head
Crit -> Mastery: Shoulders
Crit -> Mastery: Waist
Haste -> Mastery: Wrist
Haste -> Mastery: Mirage Ring
Crit -> Mastery: Ring of Dun Algaz

Edit: Yup
Edited by Caera on 3/19/2011 8:06 PM PDT
Sweet, thanks a ton for your patients and help. I appreciate it
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
No problems at all.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Blizzard should pay you, Caera.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
03/19/2011 9:03 PMPosted by Rfeann
Blizzard should pay you, Caera.

I support this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]