LFM Rated BGs

85 Night Elf Mage
03/30/2011 10:36 AMPosted by Malien
Clearly you weren't around in the days of Follow :P

^this

also. i think the long story short is, rbg's are a time investment, arenas are a skill investment (im talking 3s and 5s.)

this isnt a challenge or trying to egg on an "i told you so!," but we'll see how well RR's rbg group does when the system changes.

also for those of you that say "rbg = pvp = arenas" but only have a high BG rating and just do "2s for points" you just dont know what real pvp is and you make me sad (and yes that is to say that arenas are real pvp). Dont get me wrong, there are tactics in rbgs, sure... but arena's tactics are much more skill-based and fast-paced (sick rhymes dawggg).

Malien pretty much summed it all up.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
No way guys I'm really good I swear, I just avoid the ways to prove it as much as possible. I mean...I don't really like arenas. Yeah that's it. I COULD hit 2.4k at will bro. I just don't want to.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
not sure where you are looking but my win ratio is very high. If only we would stop playing that darn team with the 4k rated rogue
Edited by Dudeyourdead on 3/30/2011 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
65% in RBGs =/= 65% in Arenas.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
03/30/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Dudeyourdead
not sure where you are looking but my win ratio is very high. If only we would stop playing that darn team with the 4k rated rogue

Lol.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Its ok that rogue is Reckful and we all know since RBG's aren't for people who are good at pvp he must not be that good right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
03/31/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Rascal
Its ok that rogue is Reckful and we all know since RBG's aren't for people who are good at pvp he must not be that good right?

Because that's 100% the argument people are making... 2's aren't for people who are good at pvp either, and no top end PvE guilds ever do 5 man heroics : / Don't be so dense
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I guess the Alliance all Glad RBG teams must be far better than the Horde ones.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
I was simply making the point all the top PvP players in arena happen to be on the top rated BG teams. Honestly to make a kill requires just as much synergy as arena cause you have more healers to worry about / reaching returns on cc's if used poorly. Just like arena you have to really work to set up a kill, its not anything like a regular BG. They are different indeed but the argument that its not real PvP and just requires time is also null. Yes getting a high rating right now is slightly bugged due to not losing points but not just anyone can get it and it does require knowledge of PvP. Granted I am a PvE nerd so flame me all you want and call me naive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/31/2011 05:05 PMPosted by Rascal
I was simply making the point all the top PvP players in arena happen to be on the top rated BG teams. Honestly to make a kill requires just as much synergy as arena cause you have more healers to worry about / reaching returns on cc's if used poorly. Just like arena you have to really work to set up a kill, its not anything like a regular BG. They are different indeed but the argument that its not real PvP and just requires time is also null. Yes getting a high rating right now is slightly bugged due to not losing points but not just anyone can get it and it does require knowledge of PvP. Granted I am a PvE nerd so flame me all you want and call me naive.

i wont flame you.. you're just wrong.

if all of the arenas that i ever lost didnt count against me, i'd be 3k rated too, just like all you pve nerds in RBG's

this is Malien btw. I'm on loaf's comp and didnt wanna log off his toon 'cause i dont trust putting my PW into his sketchy computer...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
You can break 3k with a 50% win ratio. We faced most of the top tier people when we did our run. Even after I tanked my win ratio...if you are at 50% in rated BGs you are doing it wrong*.

*wrong=right, since enough time investment can get a 50%er a 3,000 rating.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
I agree that it is broken as is right now without losing points for losses sorry if I didn't make that clear I was simply trying to say that if someone did get gear from an RBG or has a high rating from it, it does not mean that they don't know how to PvP or are terrible. Plus come patch your point that they are just time = points will be mute. So the first season was a bit of a bust to get gear not like any of us will be getting glad or anything serious from it. Also if your arena team record was all teams you were ever on, including those bad comps or ones you kinda puged, I am sure your win ratio wouldn't be as high as you like to gloat it as, just saying.
Edited by Rascal on 3/31/2011 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
you arguments... are almost worth not responding to. maybe you're trolling me? i dunno.

is he trolling me guys?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
sorry let me clear it up for you chances are, saying this simply because there is one person out there that it doesn't apply to, that you have been on multiple teams this season playing multiple comps with up to hundreds of games and are now on a team that has a good rating and win to loss ratio and are saying that it was all skill not time or comp. Thus you have spent lots of TIME to get to a 2200+ team with many losses. Similar to how to are calling out out rated bg's. Now all that said I will say again yes the fact you don't lose points is bugged but it doesn't let any bad player simply coast through to 2200+ any more then someone could do in arena. Difference is you can't clean the score with BG's like you can do with arena's.
Edited by Rascal on 3/31/2011 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
anybdy wana make me a troll
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Basically Malien everyone with bad RBG records has them only because they can't erase them. Duh.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
not sure if u would have room for a feral. im a lil over 3k resil. ill be getting a new helm soon so around 3200 or so. also ive been trying to get into some rated bg's for a while just had some account issues. anyways let me know thanks
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
04/01/2011 12:55 AMPosted by Pelican
Basically Malien everyone with bad RBG records has them only because they can't erase them. Duh.

im so glad to be in this with you pelican. lol

i will come back to this post 4 months into the next season and we can talk again about RBG's.. we'll see how much you're hyping them up.. unless of course you (rascal) quit by then. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]