easy dragon mount

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Hunter
what's the easiest/shortest way to get my first dragon mount? any dragon will do. Pls write a guide step by step, where to go?, quest point? etc, etc... thx ^^
Reins of the Bronze Drake

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43951/reins-of-the-bronze-drake

This is the easiest. A matter of killing a boss in heroic culling of stratholme before the timer runs out. Might need 2 or 3 people.

Reins of the Red Drake

This is the easiest to "solo" just need exalted with wyrmrest accord.

Vial of the Sands

This is the quickest I'd guess, you just need to buy it on the auction house, or pay an alchemist. It cost probably about 40k gold though.
Edited by Bavra on 3/21/2011 8:45 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
We don't know what you think is easy or what you prefer. Grinding rep or grinding dailies? How about grinding dungeons? Here's the list of drake mounts, so skim it and figure out what you can most easily reach.

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=drake#mounts
90 Dwarf Hunter
If you ever see someone in trade trying to make a raid for The Obsidium Sanctum 3 drakes that is a chance for a nice drake. Its often reffered to as OS3D
85 Worgen Priest
Sweet info Bavra.
As a new player I also asked myself that question, I desperately wanted a Drake mount.

After much research I found my best option was the Albino Drake which is a reward for obtaining 50 mounts.

I started by getting Exalted with all the races in my faction which was really easy and fast, then I bought all their mounts.

I then bought all the basic level 60 and level 70 flying mounts.

I already had the Fossilized Raptor mount from Archaeology.

With those I was only 9 mounts from what I needed so after a little research found that grinding Kurenai reputation to Exalted would be fast as well as giving me another 8 mounts to add to my collection.

That left me 1 mount short so I got a port to Dalaran and bought the Armored Brown Bear mount for 700'ish gold and hit a total of 50.

Seconds later I got my Reins of the Albino Drake in the mail.

So at level 70 I was riding around around on my badass Drake while everyone else my level had bleh mounts (and yes that includes you sparkle pony riders).

Hope this helps :)

Z.
85 Draenei Paladin
Bronze Drake in Culling of Stratholme (level 80 5-man HEROIC) corners the market on best combination of easiest, cheapest and quickest: If you can get a few guildies to go, if should only take you 15-20 minutes.

If you beat the timer and kill the optional CoS dragon boss, the reins of the bronze drake are a guaranteed drop (1 drop per party per run). Heroic CoS was not too challenging, as far as 5-man 80 heroics go: Even in PUGs, we beat the timer about 80% of the time. With 3 or (if you want insurance) 4 geared level-85 toons (geared as in beginning Cata heroics) , you should be able to slice through this mighty easily.

If more than one of you want the reins, make sure everyone is willing to do another run. Make sure you roll "NEED."
Edited by Oxx on 3/22/2011 12:32 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
If more than one of you want the reins, make sure everyone is willing to do another run. Make sure you roll "NEED."

Since this is Heroic, if you're 80, you'll have to count on luck to get CoS again. If you're manually entering the instance because you're over 80 then you'll have to wait until the next day to get it.
85 Draenei Paladin
... If you're manually entering the instance because you're over 80 then you'll have to wait until the next day to get it.

Yep. Forgot about that. You can make sure you only pick folks that already have the drake (most players who dinged 80 in early-to-mid WotLK will have it); pay others to pass; or take your luck on the roll. Hopefully, if you have guildies willing to do this, they will persist each day until everyone who wants one (that should not be many) gets it.
90 Human Death Knight
I think Red Drake and Netherwing Drake(s) are the easiest for soloing. You just have to get exalted.
85 Gnome Warrior
03/22/2011 1:56 PMPosted by Wilield
I think Red Drake and Netherwing Drake(s) are the easiest for soloing. You just have to get exalted.

Red Drake, yeah, but it's a lot harder to get exalted with Netherwing. Or rather, more time-consuming. There's dailies for Wyrmrest Accord, plus you can don a Wyrmrest tabard and solo 80 Wrath instances (shouldn't be too hard at 85) for rep. TBC tabards are Exalted rewards, and don't affect rep from TBC dungeons.
85 Worgen Mage
Vox
the dragon mount from Tol barad is awesome. You need exalted with them and costs 200 tb marks, but by the time you hit exalted you will have more than 200

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63039/reins-of-the-drake-of-the-west-wind#.

[IMG]http://www.wowhead.com/item=63039/reins-of-the-drake-of-the-west-wind#screenshots:id=202827[/IMG]

I have it and its AWESOME. I like it so much more than the stone drakes.
Edited by Draculio on 3/22/2011 3:50 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
03/22/2011 2:56 PMPosted by Gnoway
Red Drake, yeah, but it's a lot harder to get exalted with Netherwing. Or rather, more time-consuming. There's dailies for Wyrmrest Accord, plus you can don a Wyrmrest tabard and solo 80 Wrath instances (shouldn't be too hard at 85) for rep. TBC tabards are Exalted rewards, and don't affect rep from TBC dungeons.
Yeah but with Netherwing there's this whole quest line to get you to exalted, although you do need Artisan riding.
86 Goblin Hunter
If you want the Red Drake, it's incredibly easy to get exalted with WA. You can buy their rep with Justice Points. If you have points from running dungeons use those, otherwise all you have to do is PVP. Get plenty of honor points, there's an Honor General Goods vendor in Org that will trade them for Justice points... you lose a little, but not enough for it to be a big deal. There's a vendor in Dalaran that sells Wyrmrest Badge of Commendation for only 16 Justice Points that will give you just over 500 rep each for Wyrmrest. I'm not going to do the math precisely, but it doesn't take all that many justice points to get exalted.
78 Orc Hunter
07/04/2011 01:47 AMPosted by Cidvicious
If you want the Red Drake, it's incredibly easy to get exalted with WA. You can buy their rep with Justice Points. If you have points from running dungeons use those, otherwise all you have to do is PVP. Get plenty of honor points, there's an Honor General Goods vendor in Org that will trade them for Justice points... you lose a little, but not enough for it to be a big deal. There's a vendor in Dalaran that sells Wyrmrest Badge of Commendation for only 16 Justice Points that will give you just over 500 rep each for Wyrmrest. I'm not going to do the math precisely, but it doesn't take all that many justice points to get exalted.

I doubt the OP will return after 3 months to gain the benefit of your wisdom.
86 Goblin Hunter
Oh, do we not get email notifications or anything if someone responds to our posts?
07/04/2011 02:03 AMPosted by Cidvicious
Oh, do we not get email notifications or anything if someone responds to our posts?
Nope.
84 Goblin Shaman
07/04/2011 02:03 AMPosted by Cidvicious

Sorry, no. They traded traditional message board functionality for the flash-y mouseovers. Unfortunately, that includes being able to search only topic titles by keyword, or author.
85 Worgen Druid
So you can still grind rep for older xpacs while 85? would it just be throwing on the WA tabard and physicaly going to the dungeiuns and doing them youll still get rep? although i agree the HP>JP conversion will be easier. I have 2 85's and never had a dragon mount. such a shame
85 Worgen Death Knight
08/23/2011 07:25 AMPosted by Jerseyfresh
So you can still grind rep for older xpacs while 85? would it just be throwing on the WA tabard and physicaly going to the dungeiuns and doing them youll still get rep? although i agree the HP>JP conversion will be easier. I have 2 85's and never had a dragon mount. such a shame

This is the second time this thread has been necroed... If you have questions, please, start your own thread.

That being said... Wrath dungeons will give you Wrath faction. Wear the tabard and go for it. Or use my preferred method and pay the 15 JP per 520 Rep and for about 960 JP per faction hit exalted...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]