Botters taking over.....

85 Tauren Paladin
More Proff Blizz does not care about fish botting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwwkHBgyhS0

He cant even see his bobber from where he is standing..

[quote]

Pretty sure this isin't the place to QQ about someone botting. You can put a ticket in like everyone else. I just came to this thread to have a healthy discussion on the effects of botting on the server.

Hmmm...I started this thread, and while I appreciate most of the comments about botting and its effect on the server's economy, I also intended to call out those who cheat. I have put in my fair share of tickets and within a couple of hours receive 1 of 3 form responses. I will say that many of the toons I've reported are no longer around. However, there are a few who remain. I called Cocheesse/Salto/Adabesee out on my first post. Despite overwhelming proof of botting he's still posting his botted fish/food. I will continue to call him and others out hoping:

1) Blizzard takes action;
2) Community takes action and refuses to buy botted goods; or
3) Players called out care about their reputation and stop botting.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
/yawn. Keep "reporting" away.

No wonder why our realm forums are littered with such trash.

Wheres my Ground gear when I need it...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Not intended to invite any more argument, but after you send in a ticket reporting a botter, the GM tells you a few things. I usually miss the GM, but even the typed response told me this...

1) 'Thanks for submitting this report'
- This implies a couple things. A) The ticket was read, so someone now knows besides you that botting may be taken place. B) Blizzard appreciates that you ticketed against this bot.
A+B mean you're doing the right thing in reporting them so keep it up! However, an invisible point that could be just as important is the last word in the line 'report'. This to me means that they are appreciative of the method you used, ie submitting a ticket, not complaining on the forums. This point may be in my head, but I recall a post on MMO where someone had their guild hacked, made a thread on the forum after a ticket had been sent in, and promptly had his posting rights removed on the forms.

2) 'We will look into it'
- This raises a couple questions. Why would it needed to be 'looked' into, in interceptr's case where a video is posted, with the player clearly not responding, unable to see his cast, etc.?

A) The shortest I can respond to this is there is likely some debated over what constitutes botting. Someone in my guild uses a mouseover macro for fishing. Is that against ToS? Is it so wrong to mouseover instead of clicking a line? In that case, are all mouseover macros against ToS? B) What proof does anyone have that it was a bot and not an antisocial farmer?Who can prove that the player wasn't sitting there farming himself and just not answering tells? Sure he was hiding, but I'm embarrassed when I fish, I hide! - Truly not much we can do even with a video.

3) 'Whatever disciplinary action is taken is only between Blizzard and the player.'
- IE we don't know how they proceed. This says to me that I have done my job and I shouldn't report that player anymore. It implies that Blizzard will take action against the player if it is indeed a punishable offense. This also makes me think that I probably shouldn't make a thread demanding to see a player banned. I don't like botters either, but what makes me think I should be informed of how Blizzard handles it... I'm not a GM... yet.

TL;DR Let the thread die, continue reporting botters in game. Although I'd love to see a thread about players who make deals directly with botters to buy the goods attained against ToS.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Wheres my Ground gear when I need it...

Oh, FOUND IT! Ground Gear
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
not content to just troll trade huh prod?
have to do it on forums too
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
not content to just troll trade huh prod?
have to do it on forums too

Just calling it how it is bro.

Don't know about you, but I can support claims with an assorted variety of logical, anecdotal and simply reasonable statements.

All i've seen you do on these forums is called "Ad Hominem". Simply put, you've proven that you cannot make a reasonable arguement, let alone back it up with claims. Do us all a favour and stop posting... as the ground gear says "Nobody Cares!"
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
anecdotal is basically worthless
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Don't know about you, but I can support claims with an assorted variety of logical, anecdotal and simply reasonable statements.

This is completely unacceptable! You should be using empirical evidence to support all your claims on this forum!

Empirical? You bring Empirical to my forums steppes? you insult my threads, threaten my friends with MATHEMATICS AND ILLITERATE FALLACY?

THIS. IS. ENGLISH! /kick

and I'm not gonna bother to cite the sources. If you have any knowledge on popular scholarly topics such as english literature, latin or anything that requires literacy to understand, then its highly likely you'll get my ANECDOTAL references.

anecdotal is basically worthless

and so are your useless posts.
Edited by Prodigal on 4/28/2011 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Herp a derp a derp derrp derrrrrrrrrp

whaat? try again scruff, You know I'm hard at reading BAD
Edited by Prodigal on 4/28/2011 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
But what exactly is "IT"?

Can't even define what they teach you in school...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]