Razer Naga keybinds.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So i got this razer naga a week ago without installing the add-ons until last night, the problem is that i am having soo much keybinds and situation to memorize. Can a paladins share some of your keybinds with SHIFT / ALT / CTRL etc. When i think about keybinds i think of every possible situation BUT i kept on thinking and thinking and exploded!
To be Honest i use to have 1700 rating with a crappy DK arena partner back in WOTLK for like less than two weeks with a two mouse button AKA clicker, But i have been mashing buttons and clicking less for the past months, any advice would be appreaciated.
Edited by Trinthakiz on 3/23/2011 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I never use any Shift, Ctrl, or Alt keys until today. So i am totally confused and overwhelmed by the Razer Naga (17 keybinds on mouse)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
well im no pvper but i do have the naga and iv switched naga into number mode and bound a whole row to it.

http://img340.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot032411010617.jpg/

im using 1-5 and shift 1-5 for other things at the very least i hope im giving you some idea on what your going to do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well im no pvper but i do have the naga and iv switched naga into number mode and bound a whole row to it.

http://img340.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot032411010617.jpg/

im using 1-5 and shift 1-5 for other things at the very least i hope im giving you some idea on what your going to do.

Thanks! What add-ons you using?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
1-6.. shift 1-6.. Shift+q,e,r,t,g,f,v,c.. r,t,g,x,z

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/23/2011 7:40 AMPosted by Trinthakiz
Thanks! What add-ons you using?

Um, lets see im running bartender, shadowed unit frams, fortexorcist to keep track of everything, icehud for the HP counter, titan panel, tidy plates and carbonite and sexy map there my main UI mods i was using satrinas buff bars but for some reason i cant get it to work properly while allowing me to click buffs off >.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I only use omen,dbm, and recount.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have an ability bound on my guy just about 1-12. In all reallity though most of the stuff I use is between 1-6 but i do use the others for very situational things. For example Holy wrath etc.
first bar i have default bounds and the one atop (known as bottom left action bar) has the all the same buttons from the original EXCEPT that they all include the Shift key. on the bottom right action bar I have qwer & shift + qwer. I do not really use CTRL key much. I JUST started using it and what I did was on the "1" key I have judgement so I made a macro that shows the tooltip for judgement and when i use the CTRL modifier it'll cast Hammer of Justice on my "Focus" target. For main target I have HoJ on Shift + 1. So its kind of right there with what I usually use.

Razer Naga is an incredible mouse Trint. I promise you that you will not regret having bought it. It may take a bit of time getting used to the really odd buttons (the 7-12) but its all step by step. Eventually you're going to find yourself adding more and more things to it and the complexity of your playstyle will increase. For example on Shift + 6 I have a macro (which in actuallity I consider incredibly fancy for what I usually do lol) to do mouse over "Turn Evil". I used to have the Glyph for instant cast on my "Turn Evil". Specifically for DK's and maybe warlocks. It's really situational though. But yeah, I hope you get my point.

Best of luck with it. You may find it a bit frustrating but think of it as a HUGE SANDWICH. One bite at a time will get you there :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/23/2011 9:01 AMPosted by Trinthakiz
I only use omen,dbm, and recount.

Yeah I do not recommend you worry too much about Addons. I used to be Huge about X-Perl but with everypatch you had to wait for an update to it and then it'd reset everything for you and you had to start from scratch. Also, too many addons makes your interface/computer lag. which in arena can make you lose a game. By the way if you are into arena I DO recommend you get Gladius.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
with my naga and set up i use the numpad setting on the mouse and obviously do all 12 for that as my main spells, then use 1-6, shift 1-6, rtfc with reg shift and cntrl for the letters... that way i can still use my wasd turning/movement

love my naga... tempted to try a 1-12 and shift 1-12 on the mouse though

and for the two little offset front buttons one is my mount and the other is auto run

to easily set up your binds i believe just hit shift leftclick (or right if one brings up the wow addon manager thing). just click to override nagas bindings so you can just hover over spell and bind that spot to w/e you want
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have an ability bound on my guy just about 1-12. In all reallity though most of the stuff I use is between 1-6 but i do use the others for very situational things. For example Holy wrath etc.
first bar i have default bounds and the one atop (known as bottom left action bar) has the all the same buttons from the original EXCEPT that they all include the Shift key. on the bottom right action bar I have qwer & shift + qwer. I do not really use CTRL key much. I JUST started using it and what I did was on the "1" key I have judgement so I made a macro that shows the tooltip for judgement and when i use the CTRL modifier it'll cast Hammer of Justice on my "Focus" target. For main target I have HoJ on Shift + 1. So its kind of right there with what I usually use.

Razer Naga is an incredible mouse Trint. I promise you that you will not regret having bought it. It may take a bit of time getting used to the really odd buttons (the 7-12) but its all step by step. Eventually you're going to find yourself adding more and more things to it and the complexity of your playstyle will increase. For example on Shift + 6 I have a macro (which in actuallity I consider incredibly fancy for what I usually do lol) to do mouse over "Turn Evil". I used to have the Glyph for instant cast on my "Turn Evil". Specifically for DK's and maybe warlocks. It's really situational though. But yeah, I hope you get my point.

Best of luck with it. You may find it a bit frustrating but think of it as a HUGE SANDWICH. One bite at a time will get you there :)

lol now you got me craving for a huge sandwhich cause this fried fish nuggets taste horrible without ketchup or cocktail sauce :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
with my naga and set up i use the numpad setting on the mouse and obviously do all 12 for that as my main spells, then use 1-6, shift 1-6, rtfc with reg shift and cntrl for the letters... that way i can still use my wasd turning/movement

and for the two little offset front buttons one is my mount and the other is auto run

to easily set up your binds i believe just hit shift leftclick (or right if one brings up the wow addon manager thing). just click to override nagas bindings so you can just hover over spell and bind that spot to w/e you want

Wellll...my palm is really big compare to my wrist...and i have trouble thumb clicking 8-12. :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Congratulations on your Razer Naga!! I bought one for Christmas and don't regret it one bit!! Here's my keybinds:

1 - Crusader Strike
2 - Judgement
3 - Holy Wrath
4 - Divine Storm
5 - Templar's Verdict
6 - Exorcism
7 - Hammer of Wrath
8 - Inquisition
9 - Word of Glory
10 - Flash of Light
11 - Holy Light
12 - Divine Light
Middle Mouse button - Consecration
Shift + Middle Mouse button - Holy Radiance
Shift + 4 - Turn Evil

I also use that mouse button that you can reach with your index finger for Divine Shield. The rest of my keybinds are on the actual keyboard itself.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would also reccomend learning to bind some keys on your keyboard.

I use a Razer Mamba with the two mouse buttons on the side.

I use ESDF to move and here is a list of my current keybindings.

Q
T
G
V
C
A
Shift + T
Shift + G
Shift + V
Shift + C
Shift + Q
Shift + A
Shift + R
Shift + W
Shift + E
Shift + 2
Shift + 4
Shift + 5
Shift + 3
Shift + S
Shift + F

Mouse button 4
Mouse button 5
Shift + mouse button 4
Shift + mouse button 5
Middle mouse wheel
Shift + middle mouse wheel.

With those i have successfully keybound everything i need to bind for pvp purposes.

I would not reccomend using all of them right away but use some + your mouse buttons to maximize reaction times and plus the 10 11 12 buttons on that mouse are tough to press correctly
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm not a huge fan of having multiple functions bound to single keys, but that's just me, and I know lots of people do it.

Instead, I prefer to use modifiers on each key as a means of controlling targets. So for instance, I have a button that when used with no modifier casts HoS on my target. If I use ALT as a modifier, it casts it on Party1, and SHIFT casts it on Focus, or Party2, etc. Most of the non-healing abilities that I'd use in arena are setup similarly.

I use a Logitech G13 gameboard, in addition to my Naga, but the same principles apply to using a regular keyboard, with the exception of having my G13 thumbstick bound to forward and strafe L/R.

I love my Naga (had it for about a month now) but I've found the thumb buttons just too awkward for me (big hands) to bind abilities that I am going to be spamming. Since I keep my mouse sensitivity fairly high, I found that it was effecting my movement.

Instead, I've opted to keep most of my offensive or spammy abilities on my left hand, and my defensive cooldowns, 1-shot macros, etc on my Naga.

In order to get used to the button assignments on my mouse (or on my G13 when I got it) I found that it worked much better for me to recreate the layout of them on screen using Bartender or Dominos, but stick them in a corner where I wouldn't be tempted to click on them while getting used to them.

Here's what my UI looks like now on my pally:

http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/272179/original.jpg?1300927711

For regular keyboards, you can recreate your layout of the keys you use on the left side, and leave WASD (if you use them at all) blank in the layout as a visual reference.

It takes time, but eventually you get to the point where you could almost hide your action bars all together and still function.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Wellll...my palm is really big compare to my wrist...and i have trouble thumb clicking 8-12. :(

i had problems hitting those lower numbers too, but after awhile you should be able to hit those easier... idk if its getting used to moving the thumb to that position or slightly changing how/angle that you grasp the mouse...

but with the lower numbers just make those just something you wont use as much, but might use on occasion
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I redid my keybinds and learning new techniques.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I use `-7 (although realistically I don't usually press the 7 button), a, d, r, f, c, t, v, x, F1, F2, and then a few of those modified by alt.

Personally I find alt a lot easier then shift so that's what I do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]