Calling druid tanks bad?

85 Tauren Druid
03/26/2011 4:34 PMPosted by Arielle
That would increase our threat generation

How?

Because when you get hit 20% less frequently...
your fur starts to shine
and you just own the night like the fourth of july...

CAUSE BABY YOURE A FIREWORK!
COME ON SHOW 'EM WHAT YOURE WORTH
MAKE EM GO "OH, OH, OH!"
AS YOU SHOOT ACROSS THE SKY-Y-Y!

...and that makes your threat increase.

/thread
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
03/26/2011 9:33 PMPosted by Hedora
Cuz we would place the infected wounds debuff on multiple targets instead of the two that maul (and mangle) are hitting. Wouldn't be a huge buff in threat but would be some.

It would be a 0% buff to threat...

you should go read Infected Wounds.

no wait...I'll copy/paste it for you.
Your Shred, Ravage, Maul, and Mangle attacks cause an Infected Wound in the target. The Infected Wound reduces the movement speed of the target by 50% and the attack speed by 20%. Lasts 12 sec.

Tell me what part of that increases our threat generation...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Wouldn't adding that increase threat? Cuz now we have a debuff on multiple targets. Or is threat only by damage done?
I know when I was kitty dpsing and i had infected wounds for my dps spec i was generating alot more threat.

Maybe I don't understand what generates threat, but go ahead be rude no need to say "Hey debuffs won't increase threat". If trying to make someone feel stupid makes you feel better about yourself, well ok I'll roll with the punches.

You're better than me... and thanks for the paste.
Edited by Hedora on 3/26/2011 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Can we get a glyph that can spread infected wounds off of our primary target to all others with swipe or thrash?

It would be our version of thunderclap...

The part of Thunderclap that generates threat is the damage component.

IW does no damage, and no threat.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Wouldn't adding that increase threat? Cuz now we have a debuff on multiple targets. Or is threat only by damage done?
I know when I was kitty dpsing and i had infected wounds for my dps spec i was generating alot more threat.

Maybe I don't understand what generates threat, but go ahead be rude no need to say "Hey debuffs won't increase threat". If trying to make someone feel stupid makes you feel better about yourself, well ok I'll roll with the punches.

You're better than me... and thanks for the paste.

You gain threat by hitting things...not by things hitting you.

Simply putting a debuff on something doesn't increase its threat by any noticeable amount (if any at all). The debuffs that increase your threat, in 99% of the cases, are ones that do damage (the damage causes the threat)

I'm sorry for being rude but I, and probably most people here, just assumed that basic mechanics of the game were understood by all. And by basic I mean the most basic of basic...couldn't be more basic-er.

Edit:

No you weren't. It was either all in your head or there were other factors at play.
Edited by Decepticow on 3/26/2011 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/26/2011 3:33 PMPosted by Nedeilia
Not to derail the thread, but didn't your hair used to be dark blue? It's really throwing me off.

It was the purple color, yes. People kept confusing Arielle and my avatars, so I changed colors. :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It was the purple color, yes. People kept confusing Arielle and my avatars, so I changed colors. :P

Change it back! It was the color of freshly-chewed blueberry waffles!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

weren't you going worgen anyway? I swear I was promised less dead-eyed nelf.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
There's a few of you that have a lot of pull in the druid tanking community. A few of which pop in to drop a line to let you know that the "EPIC"ness is now watching the thread. Then there's others that will just come out and insult.

You have alot of power to do something good and instruct people that don't understand the feral tanking game. You have dps/heals that are obsessed with pally/warrior tanks and telling the druid tanks that they suck, so they get frustrated and come here and vent. A lot of it is blown out of proportion, but they spend time on their characters and get miffed when all they get is negative feedback. Then the pillars of the community come back and insult them too. What the guy said earlier about Reesi and Arielle was out of line and could have been said more tactfully....but you can be more objective when working with people.

You've got a lot of frustrated bears out there, not cause they suck but frustrated just from the trendy "bears suck" mentallity, effin help them out. Don't rip them down.

I always thought that the movement speed and attack speed debuff caused threat, my bad, I'll take that. My post wasn't about that, but the ability to increase our mitigation with the 20% attack speed reduction in packs. Other bears have brought it up and i think it's a swell idea.

Yeah I know QQ, troll, blah blah, blah
Edited by Hedora on 3/26/2011 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You have dps/heals that are obsessed with pally/warrior tanks and telling the druid tanks that they suck, so they get frustrated and come here and vent. A lot of it is blown out of proportion, but they spend time on their characters and get miffed when all they get is negative feedback. Then the pillars of the community come back and insult them too. What the guy said earlier about Reesi and Arielle was out of line and could have been said more tactfully....but you can be more objective when working with people.

You've got a lot of frustrated bears out there, not cause they suck but frustrated just from the trendy "bears suck" mentallity, effin help them out. Don't rip them down.

Exactly...you guys know there's nothing wrong with bears, you know you're not terrible and yet you come here and whine anyway looking for someone to pat you on the head and say "it's ok, don't pay no mind to those big mean healers and dps".

They're probably tired of all you people looking for the soccer mom treatment where they give you a gold star and say "its ok, Johnny! You're a winner no matter what!" when you know full well that what those dps/healers are saying about druid tanking is a bunch of crap.

I always thought that the movement speed and attack speed debuff caused threat, my bad, I'll take that. My post wasn't about that, but the ability to increase our mitigation with the 20% attack speed reduction in packs. Other bears have brought it up and i think it's a swell idea.

Yes, your post was exactly about that...

Can we get a glyph that can spread infected wounds off of our primary target to all others with swipe or thrash?
That would increase our threat generation and well as a be a slight increase in our dmg mitigation.

You stated "threat generation" as the main benefit and the dmg mitigation as a "slight" secondary benefit that just came along with the "threat generation" buff.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
They were talking about SD not being a good aoe mitigation tool, and so I threw in the thrash/swipe thing. blah blah We're just going in circles.

You're right. Good job.

I've never once come in here and complained about us, said we needed tweaks, but meh.

So we have the vast majority of bears frustrated, then we have the few bears that have made it with their self righteousness. Overall I feel job well done.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
One guy went off topic and mentioned SD...everyone else was discussing AoE threat...but thanks.

So we have the vast majority of bears frustrated...

I'd like to see your statistical proof that the "vast majority" of bears are frustrated.

then we have the few bears that have made it with their self righteousness.

Or maybe it was because they actually knew what abilities cause threat to a target...
Edited by Decepticow on 3/26/2011 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Don't sit there and patronize me. I finally found a guild that will deal with me working 10 to 16 hours a day and not get butthurt that I can't show up for a raid (or exclude me from the next one). While, more importantly, taking time to spend time with the kids and be their play toy.

Go ahead and rip apart everything I say to make yourself feel awesome. Good for you, you know the game and you made it very apparent that I don't.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
...taking time to spend time with the kids and be their play toy.

Go ahead and rip apart everything I say to make yourself feel awesome. Good for you, you know the game and you made it very apparent that I don't.

I do take time to play with kids, they're called DPS. :-P

Seriously, you're in an online, virtual discussion forum talking about an imaginary place where giant creatures with cloven hooves and minotaur-like features can turn into bears, cats, birds, walking owls and even trees.

Just chill, step back and/or drop it. Not worth the apparent stress you're causing yourself at being corrected when you were in error.
Edited by Dreddnought on 3/27/2011 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
03/27/2011 12:33 AMPosted by Dreddnought
Just chill, step back and/or drop it. Not worth the apparent stress you're causing yourself at being corrected when you were in error.

But I was having fun with my play-toy!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/27/2011 12:34 AMPosted by Decepticow

Oh, fine, just don't leave fur and horns on the couch again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
03/27/2011 12:37 AMPosted by Dreddnought

Yes, daddy. I'm sowwy!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/27/2011 12:39 AMPosted by Decepticow

Yes, daddy. I'm sowwy!

And get off my damned lawn! *shakes fist*
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
And get off my damned lawn! *shakes fist*

haha...

sigh, I guess I have to go find another thread to troll with logic and facts...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]