Calling druid tanks bad?

100 Human Paladin
03/28/2011 6:19 PMPosted by Bashiok
For Savage Defense the change we're thinking about would probably be instead of reducing the next physical attack for X damage, it would instead absorb X damage for some duration. Big single target hits would probably drop the shield either way, but all the dinkier hits from pack pulls would be mitigated rather well. It's probably something you'll see fleshed out on the PTR.

If I'm remembering correctly I had seen this theorized over before on the forums. I don't really remember the results of those threads.

If it turns out to be successful then there's your easy fix.
Reply Quote
03/28/2011 6:27 PMPosted by Catrili
Druids can tank 5mans just fine stop being used to wrath an CC targets. An if a druid isnt good OT on a raid fight here is a concept put him on the boss. im pretty sure that is a good way to get around the problem.

Yep, and this is what Druids have been doing. That doesn't mean the problem is resolved or that it is okay for a problem to exist.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I disagree Catrili. Why punish a guild or raid group for not having the right tank for the right situation? I firmly believe in bring the player not the class.
Reply Quote
03/28/2011 6:36 PMPosted by Catrili
Certain fights are easier for certain tanks all the tanks should never be given the same mitigation ability as the next or threat ect. Classes need to go back to being unique like in BC an vanilla.

Strongly disagree with this. It's okay for tanks to be homogenized in many respects such as Threat, Avoidance/Mitigation and Cooldowns. It's not okay to create a scenario where tanks A and B can do X, but tanks C and D cannot.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight
03/28/2011 6:19 PMPosted by Bashiok
For Savage Defense the change we're thinking about would probably be instead of reducing the next physical attack for X damage, it would instead absorb X damage for some duration. Big single target hits would probably drop the shield either way, but all the dinkier hits from pack pulls would be mitigated rather well. It's probably something you'll see fleshed out on the PTR.

So it's similar to blood shield? Hm okay, I am assuming it would still only mitigate physical damage.

It just feels like SD should have functioned something like this all along. A 1-charge or nothing mechanic that ignores the actual dmg of what used or caused the charge for its effectiveness.. just doesn't seem like a good design to me (to be fair, I feel the same way about most of Blood DK's mechanics :p ).
Edited by Cryotube on 3/28/2011 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
03/28/2011 6:42 PMPosted by Catrili
I'm tired of hey lets make every class the same so we don't need to worry about a comp. Seriously Wrath brought in to many players who think its not fair they cant do something another class cant. U chose the class stick with it or reroll blizz had made it very easy to lvl to 85 an gear for raids fast.

Only 2 shaman tonight? RAID CANCELLED!
Shadowpriest DC? RAID OVER!
Warrior tank on vacation? NOW EVERYONE IS!
Edited by Communism on 3/28/2011 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/28/2011 6:47 PMPosted by Catrili
How many of u played pre wrath or better yet pre bc.

I honestly don't think you played pre wotlk. I have been playing since BC and to not be able to raid or kill a boss because you didnt stack a certain class made raiding and recruitment annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/28/2011 6:56 PMPosted by Catrili
my point is whats the point of rolling a certain class if its no different than another just for looks i guess. If u didn't play pre wrath then u don't understand what class uniqueness is.

And you're delirious.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

< since beta as a warrior (tank) and since BC as a bear.

Bashiok thanks for the heads up that your looking at our mitigation for AOE. There are a few threads going around atm that all point to AOE tanking as the primary bear deficit at the moment. Nice to see that it has been noticed and it being worked on.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267577033 is a good read too if you have time :P

- Woohoo I finally got a blue post quoted and everything. Very very happy bear here.
Edited by Stormclaw on 3/28/2011 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

<-Been playing since day 1, raiding since MC.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

end of discussion i have not met a bad druid tank bc they all glyph an know the right rotation.

I have been enlightened and am now the druid master.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]