Calling druid tanks bad?

03/28/2011 7:05 PMPosted by Catrili
Brohk u gonna miss the old Rag? Bc i know i will.

Hopefully they change their mind.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Catrili, I'm intrigued by your trolling so go on please list out your master plan for tanking and how it should have less conformity. Should we go back to only having one tanking class?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
03/28/2011 7:09 PMPosted by Catrili
go back to bc if we go back to vanilla we might get to see shaman off tanks on trash.

Ahaha, sure.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
03/28/2011 6:19 PMPosted by Bashiok
For Savage Defense the change we're thinking about would probably be instead of reducing the next physical attack for X damage, it would instead absorb X damage for some duration. Big single target hits would probably drop the shield either way, but all the dinkier hits from pack pulls would be mitigated rather well. It's probably something you'll see fleshed out on the PTR.

Are you for serious?

Edit: In a good way. I've become skeptical of blue posters talking about Bears..... >.>
Edited by Arielle on 3/28/2011 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
now let it stack up to our mastery-modified % of maximum potential vengance buffed AP...

>.>

just to soften the current interaction between damage taken and damage reduced
Edited by Katjia on 3/28/2011 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
now let it stack up to our mastery-modified % of maximum potential vengance buffed AP...

>.>

I don't think we're getting this change for free. Especially not with a CD reduction on Swipe.
Edited by Arielle on 3/28/2011 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
:) ok, so that might push any changes across the line from single-target neutral to omg nerf
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
PUG
03/28/2011 6:19 PMPosted by Bashiok
For Savage Defense the change we're thinking about would probably be instead of reducing the next physical attack for X damage, it would instead absorb X damage for some duration. Big single target hits would probably drop the shield either way, but all the dinkier hits from pack pulls would be mitigated rather well. It's probably something you'll see fleshed out on the PTR.

Just my 2 copper if it matters:
I really don't like that suggestion. It's already powerful with dks on an ability that can only be applied a certain amount of times in a given timeframe.

Here's an alternative I think should happen to both druid and blood dks: Change the absorbtion to a % mitigation for the next 5 seconds (dks) or 3 seconds (bears), with the % adjusted by mastery.
Edited by Buckybadger on 3/28/2011 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

>.>

I don't think we're getting this change for free. Especially not with a CD reduction on Swipe.

I already posted previously I suspect dodge will take a nerf for this one. Also, they need to definitely make sure crit doesn't get out of control because that could make it extremely OP. imagine a 55% crit+ in bear and that shield.
Edited by Mairymoocow on 3/28/2011 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior

I already posted previously I suspect dodge will take a nerf for this one. Also, they need to definitely make sure crit doesn't get out of control because that could make it extremely OP. imagine a 55% crit+ in bear and that shield.

I don't see why it would. I don't see this putting you miles ahead of the other tanks, and this doesn't affect boss tanking at all.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Really, the low leveling tanking issue is absolutely annoying. You do not have a single aoe ability until lvl 25 when you can glyph for maul ( which still is only 2 targets). There is no reason why swipe shouldn´t just be bumped down to 15. I tried tanking RFC at lvl 16, and just healer threat was giving me nightmares. You have to tell the healer not to heal you until you have tab targeted through 4 mobs??

Either they need to move swipe to 15, or they need thorns to generate rage if you are in bear form. Casting thorns, then going into bear form works, but you are starting every pull at 0 rage, which is not fun either.

I tank a lot at 85, and I leveled a pally by tanking pugs. Bear from 15-30 just has no options unless you have absolutely perfectly disciplined dps and healers and they have patience too.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What is the problem with this? On a boss the entire shield is getting eaten up in a single hit anyway so no change. On trash as long as the absorb shield can still only proc once per attack or don't stack it should not be too strong.

IE if you hit 10 targets and crit 6 of them you should only get 1 shield, not 3.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
03/28/2011 7:36 PMPosted by Arielle

You never know, we seem to be getting spell block for.. well, nothing. I'm waiting for the hammer to fall.
Edited by Charsi on 3/28/2011 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
PUG

You never know, we seem to be getting spell block for.. well, nothing. I'm waiting for the hammer to fall.
You missed the SR change, or don't see its use enough in pve. In pvp SR was all we had for casts. Changed to a 25s cd.
Edited by Buckybadger on 3/28/2011 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]