State of Aman'Thul

55 Goblin Death Knight
Is the server dieing or Dead for raiding ?

Lots of people seem to be moving to other servers in hopes of finding people to raid with ?

Are there too many small guilds trying to raid with talent spread across many guilds or has a large amount of hte talent left for bigger and brighter things ?

Reply Quote
CORRECTUMUNDO!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It died a long time ago, Guilds are either forced to merge or transfer. Just like other guilds we have struggled for some time to pick up certain classes or players over just a "good" level. Many have left for higher populated servers more towards a PVP server where the reaction time is so much higher.

ItzSaints or however it was spelled was one and we have three of their raiders that stayed raiding with us currently, Heralds merge into us but even in doing so we are still lacking. You are correct much talent is spread thinly throughout AT. All in all we should be fully geared by now but cannot as we can't find consistant raiders and many seem to be somewhat lazy.

Best bet is to give it a couple months and recruit off server in hopes to bring more players here something we have in the works and have implemented already, Problem is no one wishes to move to a low populated server when their server is far more progressed then ours.

Many including myself are starting to become frustrated with this outcome and its starting to show.
Reply Quote
3 Goblin Hunter
4/12 and a 4 day-per-week raid schedule generally aren't positive advertisements for your guild.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Most servers have PuG's doing Hardmodes at this point, nobody is going to transfer to guilds doing far less.

Aman'thul was THE Oceanic server to be on in BC, been going downhill for a fair while now.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/oc
Even Gundrak is way out of AT's league.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We raid 3 and the third is always called earlier due to some players having work commitments over the game, Don't know where four came from however must have the wrong idea and again instead of blasting comments try reading some more into it. As the OP stated other servers are far more progressed then us.

AT is dead and is no longer a real progression server, There are only 2-3 good guilds on this server.
Edited by Pheónix on 3/27/2011 3:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I think it was summed up best in Trade Chat one day.

AT currently is a realm where you learn the basics for raiding and if you wish to take it further eventually leave for a more progressed server.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think it was summed up best in Trade Chat one day.

AT currently is a realm where you learn the basics for raiding and if you wish to take it further eventually leave for a more progressed server.

Never thought about it that way but does make sense lol, Only reason I transfered here was due to in real life friends however they are looking along with myself in moving back to Jubie'Thos. All in all will see how the next couple months span out and if still in the same situration with our recruitment I will pay for a guild transfer.
Edited by Pheónix on 3/27/2011 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It died a long time ago, Guilds are either forced to merge or transfer. Just like other guilds we have struggled for some time to pick up certain classes or players over just a "good" level. Many have left for higher populated servers more towards a PVP server where the reaction time is so much higher.

ItzSaints or however it was spelled was one and we have three of their raiders that stayed raiding with us currently, Heralds merge into us but even in doing so we are still lacking. You are correct much talent is spread thinly throughout AT. All in all we should be fully geared by now but cannot as we can't find consistant raiders and many seem to be somewhat lazy.

Best bet is to give it a couple months and recruit off server in hopes to bring more players here something we have in the works and have implemented already, Problem is no one wishes to move to a low populated server when their server is far more progressed then ours.

Many including myself are starting to become frustrated with this outcome and its starting to show.

Good post.

This was me 18 months ago. You can only do so much as a RL/GM. Getting good players here was too difficult. PVE servers in general struggle to keep their best players.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
How many guilds have lost players due to the fact they remain loyal to long serving members who aren't auite up to scratch that take 2-3 weeks to learn and understand rather than study videos of fights to get a grasp on concepts before learning them?

Its amazing to me how many people still have a WotLK mentality when it comes to playing, especially healers OOM'ing because they arent using efficient heals because they are use to spamming Flash of Light / Greater Heal and not running low on mana.

The question remains what are guilds doing about it?

Currently there are a hand ful of guilds that have killed 12/12 and working on HM there are a %!!@ load of little guilds that are killing 2/12 - 4/12 who arent lucky to add 1 new boss every 2-3 weeks.

Too many small guilds there is no reason why the bigger guilds couldn't have a 10 man guild within their ranks for socials / to develop some better raiders and possibly feed their main teams. This also can create competition and gear up some people who could improve thei raid team.
Edited by Urrk on 3/27/2011 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
this server took 2 years of my life i would like back please
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
How many guilds have lost players due to the fact they remain loyal to long serving members who aren't auite up to scratch that take 2-3 weeks to learn and understand rather than study videos of fights to get a grasp on concepts before learning them?

Its amazing to me how many people still have a WotLK mentality when it comes to playing, especially healers OOM'ing because they arent using efficient heals because they are use to spamming Flash of Light / Greater Heal and not running low on mana.

The question remains what are guilds doing about it?

Currently there are a hand ful of guilds that have killed 12/12 and working on HM there are a %!!@ load of little guilds that are killing 2/12 - 4/12 who arent lucky to add 1 new boss every 2-3 weeks.

Too many small guilds there is no reason why the bigger guilds couldn't have a 10 man guild within their ranks for socials / to develop some better raiders and possibly feed their main teams. This also can create competition and gear up some people who could improve thei raid team.

Indeed, Problem we faced for a very long now we have merged we are raiding often. We knew something had to be done and had to be done fast so we have taken the time to speak to a handful of guilds about merging to filter and create a core.

You are correct about the WOTLK mentality, Once Cata was released I read a lot up on Ensidia/Elite Jerks forums as I knew healing would change. Now for other druids within the guild I have been teaching and gaining resources to help them build, However with that said you can teach a player to kick a ball but to land constant goals that is only taught through experience and practise.

We have been forced to step back and look at the big picture, Few different aspects I've started to implement within the guild and if they work this week that we should be able break the wall that has blocked our path for months.

Your idea for a 10 man team to move into a bigger guild is quite a solid one, But who would take this idea and use it to their full potential?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
[quote]=However with that said you can teach a player to kick a ball but to land constant goals that is only taught through experience and practise.

You also need to take into account whether the person should be out there in the field at all.
The 'WotLK mentality' means they'll probably show up to your games without their boots or mouthguard because it's not a requirement in the junior league they're used to.
Edited by Liance on 3/28/2011 4:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Ten
When it comes to raiding, it seems common sense isn't so common anymore...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Most servers have PuG's doing Hardmodes at this point, nobody is going to transfer to guilds doing far less.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/oc
Even Gundrak is way out of AT's league.

:( The truth hurts.

Edit:

What saddens me most about Aman'Thul is that the server itself is one of the higher populated Oceanic servers, yet it's player pool is truly pathetic.

This isn't just due to decent players transferring off, as they are only a small sum of the population itself. Where Aman'Thul stands right now is probably (Ratio is estimated guess exact numbers unknown) 50ish decent players in a net of over 4500+(Including the casuals which in this case are irrelevant). The 50 is Including both PvE and PvP friendly players. Why are the numbers so low? Come on, you know a lot of you got carried. Whether you admit it or not. Like me!

Common sense is a rarity and it's an everyday event to see people who have no clue what they're talking about or even knowledge of basic mechanics teaching others to be like them.

You do the nice thing to help someone out by linking them a site so they can look some things up to improve their gameplay, example: ArenaJunkies or Elitistjerks. (Mind you, this is after they QQ about their DPS, or why they get owned in PvP).
You'll find the typical response is: I don't need to waste my time reading up on my class or my favourite "I have a life." I say this often and I enjoy saying it. You don't have a life if you're paying for a social life, because you clearly don't play the game itself. I hear Facebook is free.

I know it sounds nerdy saying you should research your class, but is 5minutes of your time to be good at something you pay for really that difficult. I mean really, all the majority of the server does is sit around in orgrimmar or stormwind jumping on the spot or dissing someone in trade because they're bored. Do you really have no time for it?

Downing a new boss for the first time in PvE is always a satisfaction and fun. Hitting new brackets of PvP or even killing a rough team is always fun. All in all, knowing what you're actually doing in the game makes the game itself a far better experience than jumping in major cities complaining about how bad everyone is. Don't complain if you're one of the bads. Do something about it.
Make yourself a better player and in turn, those around you.

Make the server a better place for both you, as well as everyone else.

If I offended anyone, good for you. Don't take opinions from others who mean nothing to you seriously.

End of rant.

/popcorn
Edited by Aessah on 3/29/2011 1:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
With Entity having transferred off to Thaurassian, there are really no major options for potential raiders who want to raid Aussie times (only 2 come to mind... and both are having numbers/other issues as is)

In WoTLK I think Benny was trying his hardest to get some sort of progression going on AT, and all he got in return was ##@* for it which eventually made him quit WoW. If AT has to in any way make it as a competitive server, it will require those 50 odd people that Arylo pointed out to get together and form a mega guild. No egos, no BS, just with the aim of dedicated progression to get AT on the map.

PVE is a joke really, reading up on scripted encounters and guaranteed mechanics, and learning how to maximise your ultitliy in the raid is NOT hard. I don't spend hours on spreadsheets or reading through EJ, in fact I've never used a spreadsheet in my life. Yet, I've read enough to know how to DPS efficiently and not die to stupid ##@*. The "social" excuse is fine, but considering you spend 12-16 hours being "social" raiders, it doesn't hurt to get your ##@* together. You do the EXACT SAME BOSSES every week, NOTHING changes. If you can't learn and better optimize your rotation or whatever the case might be, I'm afraid this game is too hard for you, even at a social level.

TL;DR: Doomed server is doomed, UNLESS we quit whinging and do something about it. Starting with ourselves.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
AT is always in my heart <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
With Entity having transferred off to Thaurassian, there are really no major options for potential raiders who want to raid Aussie times (only 2 come to mind... and both are having numbers/other issues as is)

In WoTLK I think Benny was trying his hardest to get some sort of progression going on AT, and all he got in return was ##@* for it which eventually made him quit WoW. If AT has to in any way make it as a competitive server, it will require those 50 odd people that Arylo pointed out to get together and form a mega guild. No egos, no BS, just with the aim of dedicated progression to get AT on the map.

PVE is a joke really, reading up on scripted encounters and guaranteed mechanics, and learning how to maximise your ultitliy in the raid is NOT hard. I don't spend hours on spreadsheets or reading through EJ, in fact I've never used a spreadsheet in my life. Yet, I've read enough to know how to DPS efficiently and not die to stupid ##@*. The "social" excuse is fine, but considering you spend 12-16 hours being "social" raiders, it doesn't hurt to get your ##@* together. You do the EXACT SAME BOSSES every week, NOTHING changes. If you can't learn and better optimize your rotation or whatever the case might be, I'm afraid this game is too hard for you, even at a social level.

TL;DR: Doomed server is doomed, UNLESS we quit whinging and do something about it. Starting with ourselves.

benny no.1

read this and come back to wow imo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]