HW: Sanctuary

85 Blood Elf Priest
Hi,

I come here to talk about a bad heal in my opinion.

HW: Sanctuary is the spell with the higher mana cost (for priets), and heal on average 6.5 k in 18 seconds.

Its slow to heal, heal little, spend a great deal of mana (9k) and is still focused on the ground.

Please improve HW sanctuary... reduce the cost or improve his heal...

Anyone who agrees with me?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If blizzard focus balance, this need be changed.

very expansive for low AoE heal compared to another AoE heals like healing rain.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
03/26/2011 9:23 PMPosted by Soberizador
If blizzard focus balance, this need be changed.

I thought they were changing Sanctuary in the next patch or two. Completely re-working it. But I wouldn't be wrong. That's just what I heard.
Edited by Mirabilis on 3/26/2011 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
^filthy
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
03/26/2011 9:32 PMPosted by Fridays
^filthy

Ha. I didn't know Blizzard considered certain fruit as bad words. ;P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
HW S deserves to be improved to be a balance
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I know they redesigned the graphic. I haven't seen any notes regarding the spell itself though.

It does need a change. Given it's mana cost it's flat out bad to use it outside of some very, very specific circumstances (Feud, Red phase malorik in 25 man. That's all I can think of). But even under those rare conditions, you could easily replace HW:S with PoH or Renew and get better results. It's more or less useless atm, which is why we are seeing some high end priests completely spec out of revelations.

I was hoping they were going to address the spell this next patch since they were messing with the graphic and working on Efflorescence, but apparently that's not going to happen.
Edited by Highbeams on 3/26/2011 10:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Whenever I heal on my Hpriest I find I don't really need to use it anyway, I have other spells that achieve the same result more efficiently and effectively. It's not as if the spell fills a niche in the Holy priest arsenal that's really lacking, it's basically the same thing with a different method, I'd advocate for it's removal to be honest.

It's nothing similar to the role that healing rain fills in a R Shammies healing style, for example; just because they have a comparable mechanic doesn't mean they need to be on par with one another.
Edited by Pyebwa on 3/26/2011 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
When you have a toolbox with so many toys in it, it's really not that unusual to find one or two that's broken. But considering how Healing Rain is still a broken mechanic for shamans, I wouldn't expect any HW:S love for a very long time and actually consider it a blessing.

Unless you'd like to wake up one day with HW:S doing twice the healing and PoH healing for 5K.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Whenever I heal on my Hpriest I find I don't really need to use it anyway, I have other spells that achieve the same result more efficiently and effectively. It's not as if the spell fills a niche in the Holy priest arsenal that's really lacking, it's basically the same thing with a different method, I'd advocate for it's removal to be honest.

It's nothing similar to the role that healing rain fills in a R Shammies healing style, for example; just because they have a comparable mechanic doesn't mean they need to be on par with one another.

I don't think I've seen anyone ask for it to be on par with healing rain. Like you said, the spell currently doesn't fill any niche, so it's kind of pointless. They can either a) remove the spell b) fix the spell or c) do nothing at all. A and C would be a waste of the recourses they spent to develop the spell (they've designed 2 unique graphics for it now). The spell could easily be fixed by reducing the mana cost of the heal. That would change the spell from, "Don't use this" to, "Use this when people will be grouped up". I'm assuming the latter was their original intent.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

I don't think I've seen anyone ask for it to be on par with healing rain. Like you said, the spell currently doesn't fill any niche, so it's kind of pointless. They can either a) remove the spell b) fix the spell or c) do nothing at all. A and C would be a waste of the recourses they spent to develop the spell (they've designed 2 unique graphics for it now). The spell could easily be fixed by reducing the mana cost of the heal. That would change the spell from, "Don't use this" to, "Use this when people will be grouped up". I'm assuming the latter was their original intent.

It was just an example, People in the thread are asking for it to be 'balanced' and when the question of balance comes up people will compare it to similar spells; HR, Efflo etc to show how bad it is in comparison.

I agree it's virtually useless but I doubt Blizz will do anything about it, it's not as if Holy needs a gap plugged, they're still super solid at the moment.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
When you have a toolbox with so many toys in it, it's really not that unusual to find one or two that's broken. But considering how Healing Rain is still a broken mechanic for shamans, I wouldn't expect any HW:S love for a very long time and actually consider it a blessing.

Unless you'd like to wake up one day with HW:S doing twice the healing and PoH healing for 5K.

Druids are already very strong healers on live, and yet they're still making incremental improvements to the class. I don't see why other healers couldn't get the same treatment. If they can get HW:S to be on par with the other Priest heals, Priest healing wouldn't actually go up under most conditions. It would just be redistributed. You can only cast 1 heal at a time.

HW:S and Healing Rain both need to be changed. They're very expensive, short AE range, non-tracking HoTs. Every spell is going to have limitations, but I think in this case it's too much. 10k is a lot of mana to spend on a spell that often doesn't even work, and doesn't function as a "life saving" heal. HoTs are supposed to be efficient to compensate for that fact.

I agree it's virtually useless but I doubt Blizz will do anything about it, it's not as if Holy needs a gap plugged, they're still super solid at the moment.

Yes Holy Priests are currently "good enough", but Blizzard is all about incremental improvements. Out of the things they could improve for Holy Priests, I think HW:S should be one of them (along with tank healing). It's a brand new spell, and it has an interesting mechanic, but it currently isn't working. It wouldn't be a hard fix. And as I pointed out above I don't think it would even be much of a buff. Most (good) Priests aren't using HW:S at all right now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard better change this spell in some what, after giving druids so much loving. It doesn't have to be as good as healing rain, but it should at least be worth casting during any group up phase.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Im not complaining because Holy-Priest is bad, i am complaining of a spell that spends 9k mana, AND DELAY 18s to heal 6.5 k. I wonder who stand 18seconds stopped in a raid?

When Holy-Priest activate Chakra Sanctuary, we need heals strong, and it drains our mana very fast. Then at that time use sanctuary and almost madness, because as i said: "I wonder who stand 18seconds stopped in a raid?"

That spell need changes... Only thus would become usable.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I just want a reason to cast it. Right now there's no reason to. They need to either remove it, remove the talents that are devoted to it, or redesign it.
Reply Quote
Sanctuary ticks should proc and refresh the stacks on Prayer of Mending.
Problem: solved?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Increase total heal of sanctuary to 8k and increase heal received from the priest while is on sanctuary by 10%... and make it instant

likes PW Barrier glyph...
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUkTRxoMOY&feature=related

BOO!

NO

HWS is one of the more visually appealing spells in the game why would they make it so crapptastic looking?!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd be careful what to wish for, you might get it.

If they buff HW:Sanctuary, they'll likely nerf Prayer of Healing or Circle of Healing commensurately to keep healing output the same, since they seem to be pretty happy with that.

Do you really want that?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Giving it the same treatment they gave Efflorescence would be nice, cap on targets but make it a smart heal, healing for more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]