Life after X raided/Catalyst

14 Undead Hunter
So by now many horde players should notice that X-raided and Cata are no longer on this server, and while some people say Good riddence they where top guilds in reguards to progression.(horde side at least).

As someone who has been on this server since near the end of BC(and somewhat cares what becomes of alex), what can be done to prevent this from happening to other high progression guilds?

Just a few observations i have about the relm (horde particualr) is the "Big guilds"(ILL, Fel nation, Darknova, synergy) all swap back and forth talent, then there are the many small guilds that don't have enough "raid ready/competent" raiders to go around ,and only 1/2 "pvp" guilds Peroid. Another thing I notice is that every guild seems to run the exact same raid schedule T/TH/M 7/8-11/12, Do any guilds run like daytime or weekend raids?

Just not to be all negitives I will list what i think are some positives, there is a decent amount of world pvp(for a pve server at least), there seem to be some players that have been around for a while, and while progression isn't the best the very top end guilds arnt that far behind, and finaly on forums are on the top of the relm list so if your not logged in its not hard 2 get to.

So post your thoughts, even advise from the Allies(as they are farther in progression). Help save Alex(horde)!!
Reply Quote
Alexstrasza is a dieing server unfortunately, I played there from the start of BC until the release of Ulduar, and then I bounced around realms. The PvE was really awesome back then, and now the only guild holding it together is Idiocracy. The PvP community is growing though, which is awesome because arena is the only reason I play, and it is nice to see players getting into it.

I've been playing since the Vanilla beta, and I have seen realms slowly die off and Alexstrasza will most likely be the next. The PvE guilds fall apart or leave, the PvP community vanishes, and people transfer off, that's just how it works. If it had a few more sick PvE guilds, and a solid PvP guild or two, this wouldn't actually be too bad of a realm.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Stay strong, do it for Madden.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What the horde side need right now is a consolidation of all the small guilds into bigger guilds, if we can have that we will be fine.

Oh and I hope the X-Raided and Catalyst burn in hell, talk about a bunch of traitors.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Sadface
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What the horde side need right now is a consolidation of all the small guilds into bigger guilds, if we can have that we will be fine.

Oh and I hope the X-Raided and Catalyst burn in hell, talk about a bunch of traitors.

That won't happen. If anyone wanted to, they would have. No one wants to lose their title they'd had for so long. Or they don't like people from other guilds, etc. That's what sucks.
Eh, I'm happy in my guild. But wotevurrr.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

The good players actually just quit the game, didn't server transfer, so "traitors" is a bit inaccurate.
:)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
For those who are curious as to what actually happened to catalyst i will share with you the story!

As the guild moved onto hard modes we needed to recruit better players to replace those unable to handle the difficulty of that content. Soon we realized this server lacked the number of people (horde side) to actually do anything, and recruiting became a chore of rejecting people because they were bad.

We tried to just stick it out with what we had at the time, but when your bottom 5dps are doing 30% less than your top five, regardless of class, you have a problem. We had some tank and dps ineptitude and a variety of personalities and skill sets that just did not work well together.

Overall, the guild came down because the leadership of the guild was just tired of dealing with the b.s. that was guild drama and trying to rebuild from a crap player base.

The only good players from this guild that really kept it together and are worth mentioning are:

Luro: Great guy in game and out and i wish he was my lover.

Krakatowa/Zerthimon/Keynes/Guidosarduchi: The best player ever (QQ Moar Wahn)

Wahn: Was a great friend back in ICC and at the start of this x pac, magically started hating me near the end, for reasons unknown to me, i've always been an arrogant ass, there's no way he didnt notice till like 2 months ago, lols.

Acideyeliner/Lizzy/Desu: Alliance transfers at one point who were all great people, fun to raid with, and awesome.

Simblemyne/Xanion: Canadians who were good and fun to play with <3

Guardian/Nature: GM of the guild, tried his best to lead this guild and i wish him the best.

Pop/Griz: Lol, that is all.

Immortal: Awesome redneck and best hordeside mage, since i main switched ;), when he wasnt drunk.

Merlin: Best tank evar!

Tagerung: Best rogue evar!

Nanahobbes/Trijiro: No matter how many times he quit the game and came back, can't help but love this guy.

Lillymoon: My girlfriend <3

Finople/Espon/Pandemonium/Eekimster: All gave the guild something to laugh at ;)

Kiggs/Shadies: You weren't very good. ;)

Elvenstar: One of the masterminds behind the forming of this guild, awesome guy indeed.

Pyraa/Shockaholic: Arrogant/cocky/awesome. QQ Moar Wahn. Need i say more?

And to all the people who think we "betrayed" the horde, it is a game, the horde is not real, don't hate on us because now you can't say Horde on this server is competitive with alliance.

If i didn't mention you here, well you probably weren't very important, was a fun run while it lasted, i will miss some of you and others... well I'm glad i will never hear you again! Goodbye people, my account expires tomorrow so no more posting for me after that, meaning if you reply and expect some sort of response from me, you wont get one.

-Pyraa
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight

I wouldn't call them traitors. This server like every other server has its fair share of bads and I can understand any horde/alli guild getting fed up and tired and falling apart because what they try to recruit just doesn't work out. And when it's a smaller horde community compared to how large the alliance community is, you can see why cata and x-raided got frustrated.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Don't shove it in there too far, it might shoot out your throat!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'll take tha best rogue spot there pal, thank ya!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
:)
Reply Quote
BuffaloHead has been around since Vanilla we do some PVP, we do some PVE, we have fun, we pick up raids with other guilds and just make the best of it. We have had our ups and downs and never had the need to disband. For that I will never sacrifice my good friends who most I have never met outside of game for progression. Let us not forget that regardless of how addicting this game is it is still just that, a game, and it is only everything you want it to be. Ultimately what makes you as a player happy is all that matters. If you don't like your guild, move on, if you don't like your realm, move on, no one is forcing you to do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Go Buffalohead!

But to the topic at hand ... so a PVE leader on the server moves off. Not the end of the world. I've been on this server since vanilla (mostly on my old rogue, this toon was a fluke that I turned out to love), and have seen the "top guild" title float around.

But really, there's still raiding. Yes, it'd be a pity if hordeside raiding meant that each guild out there was still struggling to get their first raid boss down, and it'd be a strike to the realm pride if our realm first raid clears were happening a year or more after xpac launch, but losing a guild working on hard modes isn't a loss for 99% of us, because if we were going to finish hardmodes in a gear-appropriate setting, we already would be clearing hardmodes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pyraa I <3 You!
Catalyst I <3 Ya'll!

It sucks that the two top Horde guilds are now gone. It hurts Alexstrasza, even if some of you don't want to admit it. I see the problem with the guilds all having about the same raiding times/days. It's too bad egos kept good guilds from getting better and made everyone on the server hate your guild. Catalyst had so super pro players. Xraided did as well. Most of those players are now gone. Friends are gone :(

Miss you guys! (You know who are)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Xraided did as well

Don't get carried away now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Aarondf and cuddlepuddles, big fish in a little pond.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Zelperqt is a Horde gone alli that camp low levels in front of Org now. And there is some of us that don't care about what other guilds and servers are doing. and BTW aren't you like one of the worst geared rogues on our server.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I heard Aarondf was band for gold selling. Do that make him a fish out of water now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]