Tales of the Crazy Gnome of Ogrimmar

85 Gnome Death Knight
PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 14:05 Server time
Saw a flagged warrior near the bank, so I swooped down and Death Gripped him behind the building. Managed to kill him, but had 3 or more guards, a Paladin and a DK on me. Not sure if there were any others, but did not want to stay our where people could see me. I ran back behind the smithy and line of sighted them. The Paladin came in to finish me off, then backed off when I got her down to 50% health. Fought the guards for quite a while, but my cooldowns were spent and I got overwhelmed.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 14:35 Server time
Was trying to get in position to Death Grip a Blood Elf Paladin. Then I saw a Cat Druid go into stealth, so I tried to mount up and get out of there, but before I could mount I was netted and a Hunter was shooting me. I tried break line of site and the cat Druid opened on me. Got double diseases on the druid with Dancing Rune Weapon, then he ran before I could hit him with some death strikes. Had to switch to fighting the guards to heal myself, but the hunter was doing more damage than I could heal through.

15:06 Server time.
Sorry Powercow. Got you mixed up with a level 85 Cow druid in the same area.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 15:26 Server time
Location: Orgrimmar, Valley of Strength, Started at the top of the cliff, ended by PVP vender place.
Best fight EVER! Zooberstank, Disc priest, challenged me one on one (well with a few guards, but close enough). Why would a Healer challenge me you ask? I was asking the same thing. Then I realized the plan was to mind control me over the cliff. So I did everything I could to interrupt the mind controls, or trinket out of them, but Zoober did manage to walk me over the clif 3 times. Only I was a lucky little gnome. I landed on a ledge, and Death Gripped Zoober down to me. The second time I landed on the slimmest of ledges with just a sliver of life left, but manage to heal up. The third time I landed on the roof of a building, jumped down to the gable, then jumped across the ally to the spike on the other side and worked me way down to the road, where I finally caught up to Zoober and killed him. I tried to kill the guards so I could get out of combat and get out of there, but patrols kept coming by. Then Zoober ressed and started healing the guards and I eventually got warren down.

But man, fighting on that cliff and jumping across parialis hights was like something out of a move. Best fight I have had yet. That was Awesome Zooberstank. You came so close to killing me so many times, and I you.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 15:35 Server time
Died to guards while Kayosiv waited for a 1v1. Embarrassing. Hate to make him wait.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 15:45 Server time
Location: Orgrimmar, Valley of Honor, upper ledge, by the arch
Fight with Kayosiv lasted about 5 minutes. Two Horde interfered. I think Kayosiv told the hunter to back off. I killed the priest (not level 85) who was healing Kayosiv. His name seemed familiar. Kayosiv eventually killed me, but is was a good fight.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 15:58 Server time
Died again to Kayosiv in a fair fight which lasted about 5 minutes. I got him down to 25% a few times, but he is slippery. Of course he has a 2.2K Arena rating, so I would expect nothing less from him. It was a great fight.

And died again. This is not helping my score, but fighting Kayosiv is fun. He is adapting. He gets better every time I fight him.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 16:20 Server time
Location: Orgrimmar, Valley of Honor, upper ledge by the arch
Kaag the Shadow priest attacked me when I ressed. Not sure if it was intentional. We had a good fight. I almost got him a few times but in the end he got me. Had some guards shooting at me during part of the fight. Mostly just a distraction.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 16:37 Server time

Location: Orgrimmar, Valley of Honor, upper tear, near the arch
Fought Kaag again. Kiting + Dots + Fear to keep me out of melee kept me from doing enough damage or selfhealing. Only got him down to 20%.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 16:47 Server time
Location: Orgrimmar, Valley of Honor, upper tear, near the arch
Killed Paratusx in a 1v1 match. Then Kaag reserected him. I am jealous. Do you know how long my corps runs are? LOL Good fight though Paratus.

Edited by Dancingblade on 4/3/2011 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
you let kaag kill you twice?.... your pvp career is over
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 16:47 Server time
Well, I had faught everyone hanging out on the upper tear, so I flew off to look for some new action. Saw a druid and Death gripped him, but it became clear that he was afk, so I backed off, and switched to fighting the guards. After a while the druid finally came alive and started attacking me, but a Loc joined in and they took me out.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/03/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Snipasteve
you let kaag kill you twice?.... your pvp career is over

Kaag’s 3v3 team ratting is slightly higher than my highest Arena rating on this character. My spec works in my favor against a Frost DK like Kayosiv, which is why I can have a good fight with a 2200 ratted DK, but my spec puts me at a disadvantage against any kiting based spec such as shadow priest, loc, or hunter.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
-
Edited by Dancingblade on 4/3/2011 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
no wonder people do this %@@*
so much easier than being good
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I'm good and also greatly enjoy world PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/03/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Dancingblade
Kaag’s 3v3 team ratting is slightly higher than my highest Arena rating on this characte

everyone knows kaag is pro at getting carried
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 03:00 Server time
Attacked a hunter coming out of the Blacksmith. Was a bit concerned when I saw I had agroed 5 or 6 guards, but thought I was going to get the kill. Then I lost my mouse steering. I ran into a post and I could not turn. Tried awkwardly to turn with the keyboard, but it was hard to hit my keybindings, and I could no long see my mouse curser to click, and I quickly went down. When I released I found myself spinning a dizzying speed in the graveyard. Finally managed to relog.

PVP Log. April 03, 2011. ~ 03:23 Server time
Death Gripped a DK behind the Auction House, but it appeared he was afk, so I backed off and fought the guards. I am still trying to get used to this modified Blood spec that Kayosiv suggested I try, but I am having trouble getting enough Death Strikes in to keep myself up. I probably just need to get used to it. But yea, I was killed by 3 guards.
Edited by Dancingblade on 4/4/2011 3:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
no wonder people do this %@@*
so much easier than being good

I am being good. In fact I am dying over and over while trying to bring some excitement to Org and actually give some people a chance to get a few kills toward their City Defender achievement. Coilfang is supposed to be a PVP server, but how often do Horde actually get to experience world PVP? It is completely unfair, and I feel bad for you guys. I do what I can. It is charity really.

Oh, and it is far from easy. Have you spent any time in Stormwind recently?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
I am being good.

i don't think being good means what you think it means.

you are not good because:
your name is dancingblade
you're in disciples of anubis
you've played 100 games to get a 1300 rating
you think you're good because you get people down to a certain percentage before dying, and you find it pertinent to mention how many guards you have on you as you die, as if it were to cushion the blow of bad

just to name a few ( :
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I find it hard to believe mere guards can even hurt you with that spec. You ARE fighting in unholy presence?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
04/03/2011 05:32 PMPosted by Dancingblade
-

Exactly this.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I love u!!! u can kill anybody and only time u do die is when 7 guards are on u and 5 horde attacking u xD im ur fan!!!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/04/2011 03:51 AMPosted by Badgirl
I am being good.

i don't think being good means what you think it means.

you are not good because:
your name is dancingblade
you're in disciples of anubis
you've played 100 games to get a 1300 rating
you think you're good because you get people down to a certain percentage before dying, and you find it pertinent to mention how many guards you have on you as you die, as if it were to cushion the blow of bad

just to name a few ( :

I don’t think “being good” means quite what you think it does. I believe you have gotten the term for being helpful or nice mixed up with the term for being skilled. I suppose I can see how you would make this mistake, as it is a very context based distinction.

To clarify, I am being nice and helpful by bringing world PVP to your city so you are not forced to travel great distances or deal with Alliance guards.

I don’t believe that I have made any claims in this thread as to my skill level. Although I think your suggestion that it took me 100 games to get over 1300 rating is a little unfair. I have helped a long succession of guild member alts and people off of trade chat get their 5 winning games in, and most of them had less than 1500 resilience. I have probably been above and below 1300 many times in the course of those 100 games. 1300 is that rating where I can solo double melee dps teams after my partner has been killed. Above 1300 I start running into melee dps who know how to fight a Blood Knight. I am not using a PVP spec after all, this spec was created for tanking, so I can’t expect to be viable. I am just messing around.

04/04/2011 04:09 AMPosted by Kayosiv
I find it hard to believe mere guards can even hurt you with that spec. You ARE fighting in unholy presence?

I meant to be in Unholy. As to whether I remembered or not is another matter. I guess I will know when I log in next time. Might be a /facepalm moment. I am a slow learner, so it will take me a while to get used to that spec you gave me. The rotation is going to be a bit different.

One of the things that impressed me most when fighting you is how quickly you adapted. Over the course of our three fights you adapted considerably to my play style. You are like a bloody Borg! Actually you look a bit like a Borg too now that I think about it.

04/04/2011 08:52 AMPosted by Looseapart
I love u!!! u can kill anybody and only time u do die is when 7 guards are on u and 5 horde attacking u xD im ur fan!!!

Check my first post for the score. I have died 39 times and only gotten 16 kills. If there are enough guards they can kill me. If I go too long without getting a Death Strike on my target the guards can kill me. As to the players, that largely depends on their skill in PVP, and to a lesser extent their class and spec. I am more interested in the challenge and having a good fight that gets my blood pumping. Whether that is fighting four noobs, or getting my ass kicked by one 2200 rated DK, a fun fight is a fun fight.
Reply Quote

I don’t think “being good” means quite what you think it does. I believe you have gotten the term for being helpful or nice mixed up with the term for being skilled. I suppose I can see how you would make this mistake, as it is a very context based distinction.

That's funny, because in the quoted text to which you responded with your "being good" bit, it did in fact mean skilled.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight

That's funny, because in the quoted text to which you responded with your "being good" bit, it did in fact mean skilled.

Oh really? I read it as: so much easier than being well behaved. I thought Manifold was QQing about people getting killed in Org.

Edit:

Now that you mention it, I see that there is another way of interpreting what Manifold said. I suppose she is right too. I have been told that people with 2200 rating are “bad”, so I am fairly certain I will never achieve the heights of skill which might be universally considered “good”. Since being good is likely an unattainable goal, that would make anything that I can do “so much easier than being good”.

You know, with the amount of emphases people put on denigrating other people’s skill, it makes it seem like there is a lot of insecure people on this server.
Edited by Dancingblade on 4/4/2011 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
I don’t believe that I have made any claims in this thread as to my skill level.

how is it not implicit? iirc, this topic was originally about "ganking noobs", so you basically somehow believe you're a better player than those you've killed or taken down to very low health with all these obstacles on you, guards, multiple players, etc. clearly it was just your unmatchable brawn that no one could compete with, judging by how you describe your encounters.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/04/2011 12:51 PMPosted by Badgirl
I don’t believe that I have made any claims in this thread as to my skill level.

how is it not implicit? iirc, this topic was originally about "ganking noobs", so you basically somehow believe you're a better player than those you've killed or taken down to very low health with all these obstacles on you, guards, multiple players, etc. clearly it was just your unmatchable brawn that no one could compete with, judging by how you describe your encounters.

LOL. The original title was tung in cheek. Sarcasm if you will. It was a reworking of a well known line, although I can’t remember where I heard it at. Might have been from a Horror move “I am in your house. I am watching your kids.” or something like that. Noobs just seemed to fit when translating it to this situation. It was mostly to get people’s attention to get them to read the thread.

Although, you could argue that Noobs (people new to, or inexperienced in PVP) may be the only level 85's that I can “gank”. I don’t really restrict myself to people I can beat in a fair fight though, so “ganking” does not really encompass what I am doing. Which is why I changed the title.

Edit:

As to how I describe my encounters, I try to be as factual as possible. The events I describe really happened. And there were some even more impressive sounding fights before I started recording them, such as the time I killed two shaman and two hunters in one fight by myself. Does that make me skilled? I suppose it depends on who they where. All it really suggests to me is that they did not know how to kill a Blood Knight.

I usually don’t know how skilled someone is before I attack them, unless of course I know them. In Kayosiv’s case I had looked him up before he tracked me down, so I knew I was in for an ass whooping, but that did not stop me from fighting him. It did take about 5 minutes for him to kill me though.

Most of this is due to my spec, rather than skill I would suspect.
Edited by Dancingblade on 4/4/2011 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]