Tales of the Crazy Gnome of Ogrimmar

80 Blood Elf Priest
Although, people new to, or inexperienced in PVP may be the only level 85's that I can “gank”.

k ( :
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/04/2011 04:09 AMPosted by Kayosiv
I find it hard to believe mere guards can even hurt you with that spec. You ARE fighting in unholy presence?

I just logged in and checked. Not only was I not in Unholy presence, I was not in any presence! LOL. Apparently when you change spec it drops your presence.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
PVP Log. April 04, 2011. ~ 15:40 Server time
Attacked a DK, but she was mounted and flew away. Killed the four guards that were on me and then noticed I was fighting a DK. I assume the one I had attacked came back, but I am not sure. I killed her and got away. Good start to a PVP session.

PVP Log. April 04, 2011. ~ 15:50 Server time

Hunter attacked me, and I killed him. Three mounted guards attacked me before I could mount up and get away. A mage attacked while I was fighting the guards. A lot of my cooldowns were on cooldown, and I was at half health, so I was a bit worried, but I managed to beat him before his Mirror images could kill me.

PVP Log. April 04, 2011. ~ 16:19 Server time
Saw a hunter named She. I swooped in and Death Gripped her away from the Guards and Horde in the Valley of Wisdom area. It then became clear that She was AFK. So I killed the guards and escaped.

Then I decided to try a new game. See how far I can move the AFK person? So I swooped in and Death Gripped She again. Only this time while I was fighting the guards another hunter and a Paladin killed me. I am still trying to get used to this new PVP blood spec. I seem to run completely out of runes and have to wait a long time before I they regenerate. I am going to need more practice with rune management with this spec.
Edited by Dancingblade on 4/4/2011 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
04/04/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Dancingblade
I just logged in and checked. Not only was I not in Unholy presence, I was not in any presence! LOL. Apparently when you change spec it drops your presence.

Happens to the best of us. I realize this rather quickly, but it didn't keep me from forgetting about it from time to time when I swapped specs.

How's the new spec working out for you? Sounds like 3-4 guards are no longer an issue, as I foresaw.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
All it really suggests to me is that I play a rofl specc with infinite self healing and incredible damage.

Fixd
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
LOL. The original title was tung in cheek. Sarcasm if you will. It was a reworking of a well known line, although I can’t remember where I heard it at. Might have been from a Horror move “I am in your house. I am watching your kids.” or something like that. Noobs just seemed to fit when translating it to this situation. It was mostly to get people’s attention to get them to read the thread.

Although, you could argue that Noobs (people new to, or inexperienced in PVP) may be the only level 85's that I can “gank”. I don’t really restrict myself to people I can beat in a fair fight though, so “ganking” does not really encompass what I am doing. Which is why I changed the title.

Edit:

As to how I describe my encounters, I try to be as factual as possible. The events I describe really happened. And there were some even more impressive sounding fights before I started recording them, such as the time I killed two shaman and two hunters in one fight by myself. Does that make me skilled? I suppose it depends on who they where. All it really suggests to me is that they did not know how to kill a Blood Knight.

I usually don’t know how skilled someone is before I attack them, unless of course I know them. In Kayosiv’s case I had looked him up before he tracked me down, so I knew I was in for an ass whooping, but that did not stop me from fighting him. It did take about 5 minutes for him to kill me though.

Most of this is due to my spec, rather than skill I would suspect.

you're really good at making excuses
very useful talent toi have
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
OK guys seriously. He's not a great DK. He is not super skilled and experienced in PvP. He knows it. What is your point? All he's doing is adding a little spice to Orgimmar.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/04/2011 06:57 PMPosted by Rhýme
All it really suggests to me is that I play a rofl specc with infinite self healing and incredible damage.

Fixd

Or that. But Blood spec is a double edged sword. It will carry you against less skilled players, or melee classes of a slightly higher skill level, but it is also self limiting. There are a number of weaknesses that skilled players can exploit. So to use Arena as a measure, while it may be easy to get to 1300 rating with a geared Blood DK, it is hard to get much over 1400. You will notice that the serious DK PVPers don’t’ spec Blood.

Edit: Or at least that was true of the Tank spec I had been using. I am not sure how far the Blood spec Kayosiv gave me would go, as it has some of the essentials that my tank spec did not.
Edited by Dancingblade on 4/5/2011 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Guys, maybe it would better put this into perspective if I explain that I know my class and spec well from Tanking with him almost continuously since early Wrath. That is to say, if a player acts like an NPC I can kill them easily. I have only fooled around in PVP, getting a staggering Arena rating of 660 with a double Blood DK team last season. I have learned a little about PVP on him and improved a lot since last season, but when it comes to PVP, this toon is still a side project.

I do PVP because I enjoy the challenge. I thought Cat heroics were going to be challenging, but after attempting 12 PUG Heroic runs and only failing to finish twice (once because the server went down) I have become bored with PVE (probably because I don’t really have access to raiding).

I do realize that I am carried by my spec. I appreciate that it allows me to have longer fights with more skilled players like Kayosiv, as it gives me a chance to see what they do and learn from it. When I face 2200 rated players on my mage I don’t live long enough to learn much.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/05/2011 02:53 AMPosted by Dancingblade
while it may be easy to get to 1300 rating with a geared Blood DK, it is hard to get much over 1400. You will notice that the serious DK PVPers don’t’ spec Blood.

idk about that, ive seen double blood dk disc priest hit 2700, and not even on a *@*%ty BG like retal or emberstorm either
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
04/04/2011 09:44 PMPosted by Kayosiv
OK guys seriously. He's not a great DK. He is not super skilled and experienced in PvP. He knows it. What is your point? All he's doing is adding a little spice to Orgimmar.

Agreed. He makes it fun, for me anyways. I usually get beaten by him, but I have a good time. Who cares if he is good/bad at pvp? He is adding some entertainment to a practically dead pvp server and for that, I thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Kudos to you Dancingblade, I might join you in Org one of these days just for fun.

Its about the fight, it doesn't matter how "skilled" he is, its that he enjoys doing it. I have gotten my ass kicked by Kayosiv in TB multiple times, but I'll still jump him if i see him in there regardless. Cause there is always something to learn from players that of his caliber. Now am I so "skilled" that he even remembers my name? No.

I suppose it is what separates those that run from the opposite faction when there is more of them than yourself, and those that just wanna be in combat. Why knock the guy down just cause he likes to mix it up and fight you in your own house?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/04/2011 09:44 PMPosted by Kayosiv

Their point is they are sad and have nothing to do on Coilfang but troll... sad bunch of people I tell ya. All closed in their shells, swinging their little baby pinchers at random.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Oh ya I forgot my original intention regarding this post....

A NEW DEATH KNIGHT HAS EMERGED AT THE GATES OF ORGRIMMAR.

HER NAME

IS

GEMDWARF!

Dancingblade, it would be wise to seek Gemdwarf's council.
Edited by Rumi on 4/5/2011 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I find reading your PvP logs all very entertaining please do continue ^^
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/05/2011 09:27 AMPosted by Magdellan
I find reading your PvP logs all very entertaining please do continue ^^

I will keep going if there are people entertained by it. I thought some people would like it, and it is easy to not read them for people who are not interested.

Rumi, I did an Armory search on Gemdwarf and she looks like she could wreck some real havoc. If she is going to start messing around in Org I hope she posts her exploits.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
i mean...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9g1iDhrBO8
was me in wrath in sw with undead era mcdonaldz and blood elf era meop but i didn't feel the need to create a m@sturbatory thread so people could congratulate me for using my class mechanics
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]