Flight Master's License

85 Human Paladin
I have spent the last hour trying to figure out why I can't get my flight master's license.

Am running WOLK. Purchased the griffon and the cold flying mount but the NPC in Stormwind won't sell me the license.

Researching the internet some sites say I have to complete a quest trail in Northrend. Others say it's because I don't have Cata. Can anyone enlighten me?
Reply Quote
61 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have spent the last hour trying to figure out why I can't get my flight master's license.

Am running WOLK. Purchased the griffon and the cold flying mount but the NPC in Stormwind won't sell me the license.

Researching the internet some sites say I have to complete a quest trail in Northrend. Others say it's because I don't have Cata. Can anyone enlighten me?

You need to have Cata for it.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but you need Cataclysm to be installed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
You have to love cats.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The people at Blizzard are really jerks.

This game tells you nothing and you are forced to waste hours figuring out simple things. All they had to do was tag a note to the flight master license box saying you need Cata. The same thing happened with the boat from Stormwind to Northtrend where I spent 2 hours figuring out I needed Cata. No excuse for this.

It's one thing to treat the game as a puzzle or adventure where you have to figure it out. All for that. But to make you waste hours trying to figure out mechanics of the game and prucahsing requirments is wrong. I'm sure the developers get a real kick out of this. They know it's happening
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but you need Cataclysm to be installed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Judging from the posts in this thread, I think you need Cata(I'm not sure about this though)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

This game tells you nothing and you are forced to waste hours figuring out simple things. All they had to do was tag a note to the flight master license box saying you need Cata. The same thing happened with the boat from Stormwind to Northtrend where I spent 2 hours figuring out I needed Cata. No excuse for this.

It's one thing to treat the game as a puzzle or adventure where you have to figure it out. All for that. But to make you waste hours trying to figure out mechanics of the game and prucahsing requirments is wrong. I'm sure the developers get a real kick out of this. They know it's happening

Flying in Azeroth was one of the brand new features implemented with Cataclysm- it probably says it on the box. I honestly have no idea how it could have taken you two hours to figure this out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
idk, sounds like you need to upgrade your acount to cataclysm, tho im not 100% sure bout this.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Druid
OP don't listen to these trolls

You need to have cata
Reply Quote
You have to enter a code.

Two up, two down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start.

Push select before start if it's a two person flying mount.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, you're only running Wrath, and as others have said, you must purchase Cataclysm before you can fly with the Flight Masters license.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Hunter

Flying in Azeroth was one of the brand new features implemented with Cataclysm- it probably says it on the box. I honestly have no idea how it could have taken you two hours to figure this out.

he doesn't have the box, he doesn't have cata.

but in order to do what your trying to do i get the impression you need cata.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Quest trail in Northrend would have been an awesome story to run with.

"First you have to find this rare spawn polar bear in Storm Peaks with a ! over its head . . ."
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

When you download from the internet you don't get a freakin box. Unless you can magically download boxes. Duh.

Maybe they could make it clear by putting a pop up box when you try to buy the license. Or a pop up box when you can't take the boat ride from Stormwind to Northrend. Naw, wouldn't want to make it easy for customers to buy their products.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]