Your average latency

90 Tauren Paladin
<Nsw 150-250 all the time
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
pfft you guys are pussies. I've played the game with 6k+ latency (just farming) and your ' I'm on 1K LATENCY O MA GAWD' is pathetic.

In my opinion anyway. I mean, you try play with 6k ms and you'll know what I'm saying. It's worse than death I swear. At least 1k is playable...

Anyway, my average is around 400-500. I blame my internet.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Playing in frostmourne from melbourne.

Average about 180-190ms at the moment.

Please be aware that your latency is A LOT higher if you're downloading game content whilst you're playing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Aussie side - average is around 300 on good days, which works just fine for me with my piddly little Telstra bush 'wireless'.

7k gets up my left nostril, though...
Reply Quote
3 Undead Priest
This thread amazes me, I'm in the UK with between 120 - 170 on a pretty crappy ISP without any latency fixes. I thought that was high :/

Really feel for you guys.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
lol Qrea. Yes, definitely appreciate what you've got and where you're at.

Oh don't let me get started! But just so others understand the situation in Aus:

We're llower than a third world nation when it comes to internet technology. Companies (are you listening, Telstra?) all prefer to bleed the small population dry with out-of-date technology first before moving onto the next level - which will always be some years behind more advanced countries, with ten times the expense passed onto users, all of whom are constantly told (when we get fed up and express our disgust) that we should "bear in mind that internet usage is a privilege and not a right".

Makes me want to snot them one, just for that pompous crap alone.

Greed (not good services) rules in Australia, and the day Telstra tried to screw Blizz over as well, was the day you knew it was time to pack your little duffel bag and move abroad.

End rant!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
180-240ms without wowtunnel
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
150ms with 155kb/s speeds using WTFast
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Sit at 200 ms hardly ever go higher or lower. I'm on Internode 8Mbit adsl2 from Brisbane and using ReduceTheLag.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Based in Perth and regularly get 220 to 250 without any software assist. I changed my D-Link to a Netgear and got an almost instant reduction of around 100 to 150 with same port forwards etc set up.

I'm comfortable with 220 to 250 as Perth is a long way from US.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
< Alice Springs, it always seems to be between 270 -350 (if i am lucky it goes down to 200 on a good day) xD
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Im in Hobart and lately i average 195-200 ms.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Lol I live in the US, but I'll post anyways. My latency is usually 40-80 ms most of the time. Somtimes 100-400. I got 6k once. It sucked XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
177ms Melbourne, HFC 100/8 without any stupid tunnel or network tricks
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
It all depends on what server you're on. For example i played on Agamaggan and i get 50 to 55ms never any higher or lower but on Kelthuzad i get 28 to 34 ms never more or less. Then i hopped on Kil'jaeden and got 90 to 110 ms never more or less. It depends on your internet as well. I have 88Mb download and 55 Upload and i never actually lag on anything. I could have got a higher internet connection which was 255mb down and i don't remember the upload but i don't think one person needs that much so it wasn't worth spending more money.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
175 - 230ms Clubtelco ADSL1 8mb down, Brisbane. No tunneling services/addons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
175-300ish
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I play on Illidan, generally 245ms during the night, maybe 250-270ms during the day.
Reply Quote
A steady 160-180ms Playing from Sydney to WrA
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]