Your average latency

85 Undead Warlock
Used to be 300-400, using University internet.

After fixing the Windows, 'Hey, for network efficiency, we send network and internet messages in packets of two' I have dropped down to the 150-200 mark.

It saddens me that Mac was the first OS that gives you the way to fix that without installing external software.

I am a gamer, network efficiency means nothing too me.

NOTE: This is not tunnelling, as it effects the internet in not one bit... this is changing how Windows sends messages too other machines.... it would in theory halve your latency no matter if you were playing at Blizzard headquarters itself.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Can you please explain how to fix this windows network efficiency?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
180-220 West Sydney.
No lowerping or tunnel thing.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Rogue
200-300 with wowtunnels

This ^
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
mEs
190 - 200ms when it's good with lowerping, in Tassie/Hobart
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
180-220 West Sydney.
No lowerping or tunnel thing.

Playing from inside your local exchange is cheating.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Recently moved to Vietnam after playing at home on EU servers since early vanilla, I had a search around trying different tunnel programs and settled on Jubei'Thos because I get pretty decent latency to the LA datacentre most of the time - 300ms average, peaking at 600ms sometimes. Not the sub-50ms I was used to back home but 300ms is playable.

Main problem I have is that if I go into a battlegrounds my ms will shoot up and I'm averaging at like 600-900ms. Is this usual? Where are the BG servers located? Not sure I can be arsed to level up much further if I'm going to have this lag at 85, and in particular if it's this much higher on the arena servers.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Your battle group instance servers, dungeons BGs and arenas, are located at the same location as your server. In your case it is located in Los Angeles.
Reply Quote
190-210
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Singapore. 450 on a good day, 550 if its bad. If the internet decides to be cranky, i get a constant 1k ms. Would love an actual server located near Aus/NZ. I remember when I rolled on Barth/Frostmourne way back when, thinking that it'd give me a nice, playable ping. Boy, was I wrong. The only difference was...the server time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Brisbane, Queenland

On a good day it's around 350-500

On a bad day around 1k

Closer servers NAO!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Brisbane, QLD

200ms constantly - Internode + using www.lowerping.com
Only ever hear of people lagging if there is an ISP problem, like being on Telstra/Optus/TPG

For the most part Telstra/Optus/TPG lag is due to congestion.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
250-350ms west brisbane.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Port Stephens, NSW
I'm using wireless internet (only option available)... off peak 600ms peak times (after 3pm) 1200 to 5000ms .. great for gameplay as your always about 3 seconds delay so when in a fast pvp fight i am often half dead before i realise im being attacked .. hehe
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
04/13/2011 09:31 PMPosted by Ironknight
great for gameplay as your always about 3 seconds delay so when in a fast pvp fight i am often half dead before i realise im being attacked .. hehe

Yeah makes rated pvp almost a no go zone. I don't even bother with it unfortunately, as much as i like pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]