I am Bored with WoW

100 Night Elf Priest
I do miss the twinking scene, I had forgotten about that. The greatest thing about the twinking scene wasn't even being overpowered, it was the fact everyone had relatively the same power (all the twinks, anyways) and the "static" sort of group. You knew everyone really. At least you knew the major twinks. It was reminiscent of the pre-xrealm BG days when you really got to meet people -- friends or enemies.

I also find it neat how people still sort of post in this thread. I kinda didn't expect all the random people to show up.

Anyways, I gave up and stopped playing. Oddly enough, I apparently got a beta invite on the first day. So like any masochist, I went to see. I think Pokemon and Farmville actually does address a lot of the complaints I originally had.

Does that mean I'll come back for good? I don't know. It's just not the same.

Also, I have high hopes for GW2 to finally deliver an MMO that's neither a Lineage clone nor a WoW clone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I hear you there Physique. I actually felt that same way for a while and just recently started getting back into the game. It's actually more enjoyable for me now then it was previously in Cata, however, it's still not as good as it used to be. You have obviously done much more in the game then I have so it probably wouldn't be the same for you.

The only thing that sucks for me is nearly everyone I have played wow with since vanilla release and beyond are gone. A few are playing Tor, some FPS games, and like two or three people out of the twenty or so I was close with still play wow on their guilds raid nights....but that's it. Pandamoniumx the one friend I ran PvP with ended up transferring. I just got an offer to join a raiding guild and run with their "second group" on my mage. The strange thing is the leadership in this guild is a person I coached about a year ago and now they are a shining star and I am just a peon LOL.

Anywho, I was also recently in touch with another WoW friend who quit about 6-8 months ago. He wants to play Diablo III, so we will see how that goes.

I guess if I could do one thing over it would be not taking people that I met in WoW for granted. Yes I have a real life, a family and friends, but when I want to log into WoW and play it really sucks not knowing anybody anymore. So if you or anyone wants to play hit me up on this toon or my mage Ahmos.

-Uba
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There is always something new in wow to do. I have played 6 years and barley pvped so far :(

It is more about the people you can potentially meet imho.

Untill swtor gets a few things that wow has this is still more of an opened experience.

WHY IS THERE NO SITH ARENA WTFOMGBBQ
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Was fun reading this, though it made me miss too much of old wow. I also just recently looked at a thread on mmo-champion.com where people were posting screen shots they had from vanilla. Had a very nostalgic feeling about that thread too.
Edited by Quatre on 4/24/2012 3:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Worgen Druid
I agree with the OP, and going off on the puzzle / minigames that you suggested, I would like to refer you all to RIFT.. yes i said it...

Rift has minigames/puzzles in each zone and they offer gear for levelers equal to say BLUE ITEMS... and when you have completed every single one of them you get an achievement,

So what if Blizzard implemented this into WoW, i'm guessing there are easily above 50zones in WoW, thats 50 puzzles.. can go from easy puzzles ( vanilla WoW zones ) intermediate puzzles ( BC zones and LK zones ) and hard puzzles ( cata zones ) and when mists comes out do as to say ultra hard puzzles or something....

Even when you finish them in RIFT there are still little mounds you have to find that offer loot ranging from GOLD / gear / mats / enchants...

Just an idea and if this went through it would create such a new life to the game and finding these hidden puzzles/mounds...

Thoughts???

P.S dunno if someone already posted it, wasn't really bothered to read every single post knowing some might be trolls.
Edited by Nezzkin on 5/6/2012 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
WoW is a little boring now you are right - but you leaving doesn't help ME with that!

Great post, awesome read!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Can I have ur gold?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
:O Drakken long time no see.

And surprisingly, the thread has few trolls besides that random Eithran guy. Oh and Eithran, I still have at least 1.8 million gold on the server.

I am around though because of D3 :O At least half of old Exodus is on there. And I saw tons of people who were in Insomnia / Kingdom of Tut / Exigence during Wrath playing too. Good times.

Crazy times too. Right now there's some 45 people on my Realid. Crazy to see how Blizzard can still make a good game too!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

I hear you there Physique. I actually felt that same way for a while and just recently started getting back into the game. It's actually more enjoyable for me now then it was previously in Cata, however, it's still not as good as it used to be. You have obviously done much more in the game then I have so it probably wouldn't be the same for you.

The only thing that sucks for me is nearly everyone I have played wow with since vanilla release and beyond are gone. A few are playing Tor, some FPS games, and like two or three people out of the twenty or so I was close with still play wow on their guilds raid nights....but that's it. Pandamoniumx the one friend I ran PvP with ended up transferring. I just got an offer to join a raiding guild and run with their "second group" on my mage. The strange thing is the leadership in this guild is a person I coached about a year ago and now they are a shining star and I am just a peon LOL.

Anywho, I was also recently in touch with another WoW friend who quit about 6-8 months ago. He wants to play Diablo III, so we will see how that goes.

I guess if I could do one thing over it would be not taking people that I met in WoW for granted. Yes I have a real life, a family and friends, but when I want to log into WoW and play it really sucks not knowing anybody anymore. So if you or anyone wants to play hit me up on this toon or my mage Ahmos.

-Uba

uba the decline for me was when pvp went to battlegroups. the most fun i ever had playing this game was after raiding going into arathi basin against the ally pvp group. you, sarje, nyx, milikus, etc etc etc made pvping so much fun for me. i came back to the game about 6 weeks ago, and it's fun times. if anybody plays mw3, i'm on steam as worcyel there. look me up.
Reply Quote
27 Dwarf Paladin
I'm bored with it as well. I've been playing since a little bit before BC came out and it was a lot more challenging. I remember having my !@# almost kicked (sometimes getting it kicked) if i pulled a mob 4 levels higher than me. I started leveling this character over the weekend and i just killed a mob 4 levels higher than me but barely being hurt by it. I shouldn't be able to do that. It's way too easy to kill anything. I remember it was alright to wipe in a dungeon once or twice. now if you wipe someone screams "you guys suck!" then quits. There needs to be a challenge to WoW and not have everything handed to you, you should have to work for some of the stuff.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Shaman
"uba the decline for me was when pvp went to battlegroups. the most fun i ever had playing this game was after raiding going into arathi basin against the ally pvp group. you, sarje, nyx, milikus, etc etc etc made pvping so much fun for me."

/Tear

Exactly my feelings as well...Oh what could have been.
Shout out to all of my old team mates and Alliance Enemies/Friends!!
Edited by Brimadok on 7/7/2012 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
I'm confused about the uba you speak of Brim, sounds like you are talking about ubatactics. I thought ubalicious is different person or am i mistaken. Unless ubalicious played with those people you listed before ubatactics did which is the "Trick Heffa" i know.

Anyway guys this game sucked the last couple of years, i stopped playing it almost year ago. The only reason for playing it for that long was the people and friends that still played. Slowly blizzard turned everything i loved about this game into garbage. I loved world pvp and making AV premades with 20 or more friends and doing 10-15 man premades in bgs. But they made damn sure we couldn't do any of that anymore. The largest premade for bgs you can make was 5 people and rated bgs were just large scale arenas and there's a point if you wanna keep going up in rating you have to exclude people which sucks.

Flying mounts made the world very small and world pvp was still doable but being able to just fly away takes away from it. And lets not forget cross realm and not ever knowing anyone you played against or with. The list goes on and on.

Anyways the reason i accepted the resurrection scroll is to let the people i know and used to play with that are planning to play guild wars 2 know what server we will be on. I would love nothing more than to do pvp again on the scale and frequency i used to in wow(crash server scale) but there are other more important things than games that need taking care of.

We still plan on epic pvp battles in guild wars 2 but I'm sure it wont be all dayerrday like we used to in wow. Ill make another post before the 7 days runs out in a new thread and go into more detail about how to contact me and who will be with us. I will just put it out there before the GW2 servers are released so if there are some undecided people who know me, Bozz and some of our other friends will be able to join us instead of just playing on random servers.

We will probably pick a server that is more focused on world vs world and the Tournaments so if anyone that used to play with us is interested ill post where you can contact us later in a new thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sounds like another of the "old names" as i call them is soon to leave the game. *Sigh* Its a shame...so few left now from the old days.

I doubt you'd remember me in the least as I tend to be a bit of a ghost but I remember pvping alongside you many years ago. You were one of the betters of the Alliance side as I recall. A welcome sight at least if Kulu or Bozzhellsing were anywhere near me.

I'm not sure if Mists will see me continue on either. We may not be the same level of player (you exceed me greatly) and tread the same environments of the game but most if not all of my objections with the status of the game you've already touched on. Tack onto this most of my friends from the old days are gone...and I just don't have the spirit anymore. Raiding is good when I can find a good group to do it with...battlegrounds will always have their place in my heart...but outside the few hours I can give that there isn't much left. Ah well...

Anyway...I don't usually bother to post in the forums and hardly ever at all in server ones...but seeing your name caught my attention. Just thought I would say if you do go...and I don't blame you...just like I said...a shame to see so few of the old names left around. So many new faces...and most of them seemingly kids...on Dragonblight. I'm to old to make new associations with these people.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So many necros... so must add another! Physique.... I wondered where my stalker had gone! Come back, have fun, do some stalking :D hope you're enjoying the real life
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Great post/threads - Reading of some the vanilla peps posts brought back some great memories and makes me regret not keeping touch with some of the awesome people I encountered in this game. Wishing you all the best in life!

-Vanin

PS - Phys - R U STLL !@#$%^?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
*T R A N N Y
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Honestly Vanin, it's been like 6 years. I have no idea why you hate me. In fact, I don't even know you, I more know of you. And most of that was just from Sansa.

You either weren't in Exodus when I joined or you were there for like a week tops. I've spoken to you directly like what, 2 or 3 times? All years ago.

And hi Isabella <3
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
I know how you feel. I have played the game for several years now, and I have put many hours into it. Despite this, I have nothing to show for it. I don't have 20 level 90's or anything even remotely impressive. Why? I continuously delete my characters. I will level a character to the maximum level (including professions) and then simply delete it, only to restart again later. My friends think I'm ridiculous, but I am simply that bored with the game. I wish the game was harder. I wish the dungeon finder didn't exist. I wish it took several months to level a character to maximum level, not days or weeks. I wish that Blizzard designed the game to be extremely difficult so that when you succeeded in anything, it would actually feel like an accomplishment. I wish more attention, ingenuity and creativity was put into the solo aspects of the game. Raiding, PvP, and 5-man dungeons are fun, but what I really enjoy is questing. I like a good story. It's called "World of Warcraft." The game may be expansive, but I do not really get the "world" impression from it. In real life, achievements of any nature take time and effort. I think the playing experience would be much more enjoyable if the game reflected that ideology more closely and accurately. Once, I made a worgen warlock. I was guildless and didn't do anything but quest. I didn't touch PvP or the dungeon finder once. I did every quest I came across, even if it seemed redundant. I read every quest description and actually followed along with the story. That experience, by far, was the most enjoyable one I have ever had in the world of warcraft. Perhaps, I just need a different game to play.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
DUDE SERIOUSLY SORRY FOR CAPS I AM LIKE HALF AS R- THE FXCK TARDED AS YOU, BUT HONESTLY NO YOU ARE ASKING SOME HELLA SRS SHXT, YOU'RE SISTER WILL HOOK YOU UP IN A FEW BLOODY YEARS WITH SOME POON, HISTORY REPEAATS ITSELF ON SOME CRAZY LEVEL, DON'T GO ALL COLUMBINE ON US, YOU WILL GET LAID SOMEDAY, NO NOT PLAYIN' SOME DAY YOU WILL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ohhh nonono, Phy I have never hated you, or even disliked you! Pretty sure there was just some type of misunderstanding at some point that never got resolved. <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]