I am Bored with WoW

I got lvl 90 in a month cause my brother recruited me but this game just got boring real quick making another toon is pointless cuz after lvl 15 you just do the same dungeons you have already done on your other toons over... And over..... And over.
I am starting to go back to MineCraft.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
yea i get bored with wow too sometimes but then i just level another character and it gets exciting again
Reply Quote
This game really does get boring..........
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
gah after 7 years of this game i can honestly say im sick of it. blizz has catered to the casual gamer way to much. no atunements to raids just let you in. lfr makes getting groups super easy. rep grinds being super quick. epics being handed out like candy. bah.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
There's nothing really wrong with catering to casuals.

What I loved about WoW in the old days is the fact they catered for everyone.

I recently sat around with some friends lately, like 10-15 of us and we were talking about how we were all on an odyssey jumping from game to game looking to recreate the experience that was TBC/vanilla WoW. A lot of other games tried to copy it (cough, Rift) but they either never copied it fully or they failed.

Part of what made WoW awesome was the fact there was something for everyone and you met a lot of people in it. You made friends. Lifelong friends sometimes.

Though somewhere a long the line, WoW became a game where you need to already have friends to do stuff and there wasn't really a vehicle to make new friends or replace old ones.

I am pretty casual now (in other games, I haven't actually played WoW in 2 years or something, consider my surprise seeing this thread here and bumped), I couldn't ever see myself raiding like I did in Exodus (4 hours a day, 5 days a week, sometimes more? Wow). But I don't think casuals were the problem, it was the fact the non-casuals were left out.

You want to know what I REALLY miss? It's feeling special. I said it. (And currently, there's only one game that I think does a wonderful job of simultaneously making me feel special while making everyone else in the world feel special even though we really aren't all that dissimilar...)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Physique I love to at least see you coming back to these forums if not back to the game! They truly haven't been as lively as they used to be...

I whole heartedly agree with you on two things (in this post). 1) The friend aspect of this game used to be much more prominent than it is today and 2) Feeling special.

I think the answer to both of these things may be somewhat disappointing to people who are casual players now. That answer is, and I think always has been, raiding. A few years ago I loved this game because of all the effort it took to go into a raid and kill bosses, and the friends you made along the way. More recently I was sick of the game because I quit raiding when 5 days 4 hours a night became too much. Even more recently I began to love the game again because I started raiding again (only 3 days!).

There is something about raiding that cannot be duplicated through LFR, rep grinds, or dailies. That's my opinion after going full circle of hard-core raider > nonactive > semi-hardcore raider, so perhaps the answer for you is to come back? ;)

Do you play any other blizzard games? Add my battletag, Mike#1684 we should catch up!
Reply Quote
79 Blood Elf Warlock
"I am bored with WoW"
Dude get over it you obviously wanna play or you would have cancelled went to a bar and hooked up with a cougar who made your toes curl. On this realm there are tons of ally guilds, so your chance getting with one of the 10 that have players in it is slim, on horde side there is like 3 that are almost or complete max capacity, you qq and cry more about retard stuff like nobody on, learn to tie your shoes already you dork! fine a guild even if it HAS to be horde that has suckas on, get over it or go play hello kitty adventure because obviously the cougar at the bar who would make your piggies curl isnt your forte.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
If it wasn't for smithing tailoring and lw daily I'd probably quit now myself. Waiting for DQX and TESO.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Dawww Physique I love you and miss you (nohomo). You were so much fun to raid with if you gave me the name of the game you're playing right now I would quit WoW in a heartbeat and play it. This game has become boring as !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Best part of raiding was hearing Physique's pep talk in vent!
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
(And currently, there's only one game that I think does a wonderful job of simultaneously making me feel special while making everyone else in the world feel special even though we really aren't all that dissimilar...)

What game is it you're referring to? If you don't mind me asking.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I quit wow and now I play league of legends... I like the game but I hate my teams!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Flambeau you sir are amazing!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I just came back to the game after a 2 year break, its was fun for a few days, but after hitting 90 and seeing the lack of horde and ghost town of pandera its really boring. I miss the Ock, Anarchy, VoA, Unified. The past was fun, this new stuff is meh, with out people to play with the game loses its touch.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I had to take a 6 1/2 month break from the game, but when I came back I realized that most of the people I had played with were gone, and the point of the game now was to either raid or do the same dailies over and over again until you hated the game. The economies in the game have become so distorted and broken that it ruins the system. I even tried jumping to a new server from DB (twice) but to no avale, the wife and I created some low level toons to pass the time, but honestly I cannot see playing this game much longer. I do miss the people I used to hang out with terribly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Then find another guild with people to talk to? The people you met aren't the only people on the server.
Reply Quote
33 Night Elf Druid
this game is so boring all i do now is stand around and do nothing most of the time -_-
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Raiding is still pretty good, maybe better than it ever was. The lack of 25 man raiding when I came back drove me away from DB though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Dragonblight.

Old thread is old, perhaps this could even be considered a Necro but hey...that's what we do around these parts right?

In response to the game getting boring: You're right. It did.

Funny now that since I stepped away for awhile, and have just recently come back that things are fun again. This may be due to the fact that I'm no longer playing Horde on DB, let alone anything on DB.

A change of scenery and pace really helps things out, at least as far as I have found. If that is not entirely out of the question for you perhaps a change might do some good? You see, Rev was at a level where ZG/AQ20 or MC experienced players would have had alot of trouble keeping up with them. Gear is a factor, but so is skill, raid experience, etc. There are not that many people who can readily jump into a AQ40 or Naxx guild and take care of business. Finding a guild is more than just about raiding, it's also a kind of family, group of friends, and people you enjoy the game with. Any good guild, casual or raiding, are careful about who they take and any GL will tell you that attitude is the most important. You might wanna check yours before you continue apping elsewhere.

Love and kisses to you all. Stay classy Dramablight.
Edited by Nihilistic on 9/12/2013 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Goddammit Nih, I come into this thread to post that exact quote, reading through three pages of backlog only to find you here at the very last post USURPING ME A MONTH EARLIER.

I hate you so much right now.

Also, yeah: WoW got real boring. I never updated my post two years ago to elaborate as much, but soon after killing Ragnaros everything about it just kinda...fell apart, I dunno. The dailies stopped being worthwhile, LFD was more often than not a total slog, and the people I knew were slowly stepping away from the game in its entirety, rather than just a day or two at a time.

Having recently taken another look at this withered husk of a game, far far away from the home I once knew, I can say that Monks are pretty cool, pet battles are interesting albeit a shameless Pokemon adaptation, and that LFR is the craziest, stupidest thing ever and I hate it almost as much as I find it a valid learning tool.

I miss the people of Olde Dragonblighte. I do not miss Dragonblight itself. BSing with Jolah, Sama and the myriad of folks that rolled through Pancakes in its latter days was a treat, and one I don't think I'll ever experience in another MMO setting. The people have moved on.

Sad, but true.

- wst
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]