Demonology = Beast Master?

85 Human Warlock
what i do not get is why blizz made hunters able to tame beasts and exotic pets when they are in BM but locks dont get the same in demonology. locks have "enslave demon" but its useless. we get to MC a demon for 5 mins but its attacks are slower. idk about other locks or other people for that matter but that seems like an EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY, useless spell. much like eye of kilrogg. why not have locks who go demonology able to actually tame demons such as the ones in outland or something like that when they go demo? it would make more sense. hunters that go BM or hunters in general can have what, 15-20+ pets and BM gets even more? Beast Master i get but look at the warlock. Demonology, "Master of Demons," and when we go demo, we get a really nice pet. key word, "a." We have imp which is destruction, affliction is felhunter for buff and succubus for raiding/pvp. voidwalker for lvling. felguard we get only as full demo. so 4-5 pets? what kind of "master" of demons is that if locks only have 4-5 demons and a useless spell "enslave demon" which is more of a pathetic excuse for a cc. i'm not saying making demo locks exactly like BM hunters but you gotta give people a bigger reason to do demo when dest is wrecking the dps charts and affliction is wrecking in pvp. hunters goin BM get really cool pets. i get jealous at times seeing all the cool pets they get and moves the pets have. "here, let me go demo. <talent changing> yay, i get 1 new pet thats good for maybe a few fights. ugh, kinda wasted some gold changing. gonna switch back." i guess i have been playing a lock for so long that you could only really get where i am coming from if you did the same. QQ more i guess.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Forgive this toon, my main's not my hunter but hunters=/= warlock. With class homogenizing I think it's better if things stay as they are. And besides, how often do you any other pet besides your felguard in Demonology?
Reply Quote
28 Human Paladin
Horrific wall of text aside...

Yes, I would also enjoy the ability of being able to replace my Warlock's existing minions via the use of her "Enslave Demon" spell.

A red Imp and armored Voidwalker from Hellfire Peninsula. A Sister of Pain from Magister's Terrace, and an Abyssal from Magtheridon's Lair. The Felguard and pooch? They can stay.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
[quote="23013480587"]Forgive this toon, my main's not my hunter but hunters=/= warlock. With class homogenizing I think it's better if things stay as they are. And besides, how often do you any other pet besides your felguard in Demonology?[/quote

very often actually. in demo, single target, you are supposed to use succubus, for aoe fights, you use felguard. currently, in affliction and demo, single target dps, the succubuss does the most dps so using fel hunter or felguard for single target would make you lose a lot of dps
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
hunters that go BM or hunters in general can have what, 15-20+ pets and BM gets even more?

what
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Sadly Demo feels like it is leaning away from the whole master of pets to the ability to transform one self into a demon. As soon as I saw that spell in the demo for the past expansion my interest in Demonology plummeted.
Reply Quote
I love Demo. Yes, I would like to see some more pet variation, but I'm sure Blizz doesn't want to spend the time "Normalizing" all the demons you could choose from. I do think they should let you enslave one and just have it operate of your FG's abilities and stats. That way it's purely a visual thing.

Rare's Warlock Suggestion Compilation.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089279585?page=1
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock
One step closer to white blobs with swords and 1hp each.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Right when I saw enslave demon, that was my first thought. I've recently been trying to decide whether i should make a Warlock or a Hunter. I've been leaning hunter because I love the level of customization you can get by finding and taming rare pets, even though I much prefer the warlock's darker, more powerful feel. I read that Warlocks are one of WoW's least played classes, and something like this would lead to a massive boost in the warlock population.
With warlocks in their current state, I will probably have to settle with making a hunter, and taming a corehound due to its demonic look.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Well i used to play a warlock years ago, and just picked it back up. now it seems like demonology is more about becoming the demon than controlling it. Personally i love it, maybe one day they can become evil moonkins :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]