Looking for Deaf Guild

67 Blood Elf Mage
Hello, my name is Anakite,
I am newish to WoW, and i am looking for a Deaf Guild - possibly on the Nagrand Server but not necessarily.
I am hard of hearing, and i can see once i get to raiding stage, its going to be hard for me to communicate when everyone can use Vent with ease, and i can not.
It would be fantastic if there was a guild out there i could join with people that experience the same issue and understand where i am coming from :)

Anakite.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
From my experience. All it would take is for you is to do homework on the boss encounters.

From there surely you could find a guild that would be willing to communicate with you via the chat system. Ready checks, relay key info etc...

Maybe check out some of the guilds on your server and feel them out.

Best of luck finding a good fit for you.
Reply Quote
67 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you for your reply Moovz.

Its looking like that will be the way i have to go - as i cant seem to find any :)

Thats fine though, i just thought if there was any, it would be good to be a part of it, but if not its no big deal.

I just get a little worried reading of all the posts that deaf people have written about being kicked out of their guild for not being able to use vent.

:)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
You will always get those that will discriminate... Quite sad honestly.

Good luck Anakite
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Anakite,

Eclipse on Aman'Thul has a no-vent policy. We originally instituted it due to having a player in a similar situation to you. She has since left the game, but we've stuck with the policy. All our raiding (7/12 so far in Cata) is done without vent or voice chat of any kind, it's been like this for over two years now.

If you want more info, check out our recruitment post on the Aman'Thul realm forums, or drop by our website.

www.eclipseguildforums.net

Good luck,
- Moss
Reply Quote
67 Blood Elf Mage
thanks so much for the info Moss!! I will check that out for sure!! Awesome policy btw! :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Our server, Kael'thas, used to have deaf guild called Golden Silence. Now there are no longer deaf guild on our server. I hope you can find any deaf guild there. I wished you luck.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Priest
Hi,

Basically, there is few guild that is in top 20 Oceanic raiding guild that would accept you to raid without vent. I am deaf, there is good number of deaf WoW players on Barthilas Realm.

Good luck on your search for guild.

Titanpriest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
if you find a guild comprised of people you seem to like,i am sure they would have no problem making macros to help communicate with you while you play.

my guild is very nice,but i haven't played in awhile,and we are not known for our raids. we are nice though.

oh and at your level,there are tons of fun raids to go through that arent relevant now but have tons of cool stuff.
Edited by Sacresha on 4/5/2011 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I have also raided in the past with a deaf man and the rest of the guild used vent.

We used a buddy type system where I would communicate most things to him if he was unsure as I understand his situation as both my parents are deaf.

It can work, he was a great player, he just did a lot of reading about fights to ensure he knew his job and asked questions as he went along when he wasnt sure.

I'm sure u would find a guild that would accept your position and if they didnt, well they are certainly not worth joining.

Best of luck!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Hello Folks ,

Otherwise , I have seen people are making of being deaf whichever they think deaf cant do or hear what they talk about how to do raids and stuff like that ... But easy to do is that people should make Macro or use DBM , Rob Boss Mod have explain how to do raids and Heroic dungeon... Last night , I went BWD for a raided also one of my guild told me that they were talking make fun of being deaf so I dont care what they talk about but nice of my guild told me that they made fun of being deaf during raid .. but I told them , Please dont do that ever make fun of being deaf didnt know how or to do .. also I got mod addon for me easy to do and that can tell me how to do raids , heroic dungeon explain how to do ... easy .. what the points .. they said OH cool nice .. oh please but anyways , Blizzard cant do anything with deaf policy for an harrassment ( might wrong spell ) cause if they pick up for a raid or something group , these cant do anything with it .. I feel like what the heck and sh!t happen ever I ve seen some people arent nice or not .. That's what I m looking for people who understand or more known about understand being deaf people who play world of warcraft plus paid for the game monthly .. if deaf people cant do raids or anything then that would waste of money to not play raids or some not .... if I am correct or wrong ... I hope that would going well for the game who enjoy or fun the game than feel wrong being deaf cannot play .... Deaf can do it with raids , heroic ! I got 2 85 level , One on Norgannon , One on Kael Thas servers.... xD

Truly

Greenscin
Macknight
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
04/01/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Branni
Our server, Kael'thas, used to have deaf guild called Golden Silence. Now there are no longer deaf guild on our server. I hope you can find any deaf guild there. I wished you luck.

Nope , Golden Silence is still currently on Kael Thas server , I ve seen their guild is still around on that server ... I believe so , =)

Macknight
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you're ever on Saurfang hit me up. Ninety-nine time out of a hundred I find Vent just the biggest waste so I'm always up for running content without it. I'm more than happy to type, so long as you're more than happy to put up with the occasional typo haha.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Posted by Branni

Posted by Macknight
Nope , Golden Silence is still currently on Kael Thas server , I ve seen their guild is still around on that server ... I believe so , =)

Macknight

Yeah I saw Golden Silence still running on our server Kael'thas
Edited by Branni on 5/27/2011 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope you find what you've been looking for Anakite, Is it that bad being hard of hearing?

Good Luck and best of wishes to the new guild you're looking for!

Cubix :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Hi Ana,

we're a Horde guild on Nagrand and are very open with players from all walks of life.
I understand your situation and would like to offer you a spot in our guild.
Although we don't have an active policy towards hard of hearing members, we can accommodate that provided you read thru strats before fights and everything i don't think it'll be a problem.

So let me know if you're interested, our guild site is ladiesknight.guildlaunch.com for details :)

Wing
Reply Quote
31 Human Rogue
Hi I'm Chaostar .. I have two WoW characters besides this my current character (human rogue) and of course, I'm deaf as well. I've enjoyed playing my characters on WoW and still making new friends on WoW. I hope I can make new friends here and there. Hope to hear from y'all! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]