Black Widow keyboard macro keys.

85 Tauren Hunter
Hey guys i just purchased a Razer Black Widow and i want to bind it's 5 macro keys to certin spells but when i attempt to do so, the game won't recognize the hotkeys. I tried changing them in the Razer config but i can't seem to get them to work. Was wondering if anyone one else uses the same board and fixed this problem? Thanks alot.
Reply Quote
I don't have the black widow but I do have a mouse with side buttons that wow doesn't recognize (though it used to).
I haven't looked for a fix from blizzards side (they want you to buy their mouse) but I did find a work around. In your mouse or keyboards config you can bind that key to a key you don't use for macros. So I told my mouse that its side click is 'p' then bound the ability I wanted to use to p.
Reply Quote
I don't have the black widow but I do have a mouse with side buttons that wow doesn't recognize (though it used to).
I haven't looked for a fix from blizzards side (they want you to buy their mouse) but I did find a work around. In your mouse or keyboards config you can bind that key to a key you don't use for macros. So I told my mouse that its side click is 'p' then bound the ability I wanted to use to p.
I'm pretty sure this is actually a flaw in the Windows OS rather than WoW. Windows only recognises up to 5 mouse buttons natively. To use button 6 or higher you need to remap them to a key or key combination. It's probably a good idea to remap them to obscure key combos you'd never otherwise use, e.g. shift-ctrl-alt-numpad minus.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I also just purchased a Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard and was curious if there is anyway to use the additional 5 macro keys in World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
03/31/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Earfy
I also just purchased a Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard and was curious if there is anyway to use the additional 5 macro keys in World of Warcraft.
You could map them to obscure key combinations like shift-ctrl-alt-numpad minus or possibly set them to text and use them as extra macro slots.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
doesn't work :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
everything works properly i have a razer naga molten ed. an i have the blackwidow i use both just fine side buttons and the five macro keys an all i did was install the drivers for the mouse an keyboard off the site
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i did the same thing and my five side keys dont work in wow but work in other games
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
While I don't have the Razer BlackWidow .. one of the first lessons learned when I got my Sidewinder was making sure it was in "Gaming Mode 1 (or 2) rather than Standard Mode .. Standard Mode did not allow the 12 macro keys to be bound "ingame"

just an idea which may be applicable to BlackWidow
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I have a G15 keyboard that has 6 macro buttons along the side.

How I bind them to work in WoW is this:

In the Keyboard Profiler I set obscure key combos to each macro key (like shift plus the period key etc..)
In WoW I went to the keybinding menu and bound the key combos to action bar buttons or direct actions (like elemental totems)

So far it is working perfectly =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]