Superstitions - WoW Magazine

Community Manager
What brings you luck? Do you have armor pieces or inventory items that just have to be equipped for you to perform at your best? Does your guild have a mascot or take part in any ritual before raiding? Let us know!

If chosen your name and text could appear in a future issue of the Official World of Warcraft Magazine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Before I decide to queue for BG's, I have a macro for /roll that I spam to myself until I hit a 100.
Reply Quote
I run to the SW cathedral and /pray whenever I open a GM ticket.
I also jump up and down when I pvp thinking that it will increase my chance to dodge, lol.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I always need to die at least once before I'm comfortable when doing instances or raids. If not, something feels wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My Lament of the Highborne has not left my bags since I picked it up. It is right next to my hearthstone, left untouched and used as a reminder of my favorite race and it's story line.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
OK. I <3 you Blizzard for this because I've wanted to say for awhile:

My Horde Wallet
My Horde Necklace
My Horde Socks
My Horde Shoes (EXPENSIVE)
My Benediction, (Ingame)
My Halo of Transcendence, from Ony 40 in Vanilla....

While Wearing all of these, I killed HLK 25, Server 3rd Rag, Got Heartbound Tome the day Cata released off a mob in TB.

<3
Reply Quote
I always take out a pet that matches whatever dungeon we are in.

Whenever we wipe, I use my "Pray to Lo'Gosh for patience" macro, and we never wipe again.
Reply Quote
3 Human Warrior
What brings you luck? Do you have armor pieces or inventory items that just have to be equipped for you to perform at your best? Does your guild have a mascot or take part in any ritual before raiding? Let us know!

If chosen your name and text could appear in a future issue of the Official World of Warcraft Magazine.

Screaming at the top of your lungs during lootrolls makes you roll higher...
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
Crimson Snake

Snakes on a raid! Been doing it since MC, when it was a huge pain to get someone to post them on the neutral AH, but an officer had connections. Seeing 40 of those things was great.

;)

Bosses always fell down after we summoned them. I've had one on me ever since.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I raid better when I'm drunk. Both my character in game and my person IRL.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Spirit of Competition the companion reward from the Beijing olympics event. He's been out with me for every single boss attempt since i hit 80 back in wotlk :)
Edited by Korlek on 3/28/2011 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
As a raid leader on my guild runs I a make everyone roll for Master looter. Whoever wins get's it. Definitely superstitious but, it seems to work.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I always flip my Titanium Seal of Dalaran and pray for heads if I think the fight is going to be tough!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Singing 10 Man- Between bosses a volunteer sings a song of their choice. Keeps the stress levels way down.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
When my first level 70 warlock was in a guild <Cute and Fuzzy Bunnies>, after any wipe we ALL had to get out our Snowshoe Rabbit or Wolpertinger for the next attempt. It seemed to work often enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Every time my wife pulls out Miniwing, everything goes a lot smoother
Reply Quote
My guild leader always makes a campfire before we start anything, whether it be a BG, arena, or raid. That extra 3 spirit makes a huge difference :P
Reply Quote
If I don't wear my guild tabard during raids I always seem to be a target and die quickly, maybe I'm being punished for not showing my guild spirit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]