The Path of the Peaceful Druid II

90 Night Elf Druid
Part I available here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140266437

Welcome to the continuing journey of Sereníty and her pack of pacifistic peeps as they explore their way through Azeroth, using everything at their disposal to slog their way to level 85 WITHOUT KILLING ANYTHING.

This has been a very successful experiment so far. It started as a whim to see if I could do it, and has grown into the most amazing, helpful, and genuinely NICE group of people I've ever played this game with. It's also the most fun I've had playing this game since I first started playing.

We've got 67 toons in our guild with at least 45 people, as of the beginning of this Part II thread, with new people joining almost every day!

We have two guilds and a website. The main no-kill Guild: <Peace Corps> is made up of our main characters who are on the no-kill path, and our sister guild <Peace Corps Test Squad> consisting of a few DKs, a worgen, and some muled-over high level toons from other servers so we can have toons available to TEST questionable quests that might result in a kill. (Like Entombed in Ice from Dun Morogh where you are asked to free the miners trapped in the ice blocks - but each ice block you break, counts as a creature killed.....ooops.)

http://peacecorps.enjin.com/forum

So please read on about our continuing adventures, keeping in mind our bottom line goal involves basic game mechanics of keeping our Kill Count at zero or as low as possible, which is why we allow fishing, wearing leather, or running the game naked. It doesn't matter so long as your stats goal is this:

Creatures Killed: --
Total Kills: --

This is not about morality, or any kind of philosophical bent (although it is based on it.) This is about enjoying the game from an entirely new, challenging perspective. Basically - to see if we CAN DO IT.

There have been some accidents - NPC guards killing a random mob chasing us. A well-meaning player "helping" us when they see us getting beat on by a mob, or running away and not fighting it. A random tiny, hard to see critter (Prairie Dog) hiding under that herb we're mining, and we didn't notice the gear icon turn into a sword the second we clicked it.... Some of us started a new toon, or deleted and started over. Others have forgiven themselves and bravely continued on.

So if you're intrigued, come join us. It doesn't have to be your new Main, (although for many of us, it's turning out that way), it's just a nice vacation from the usual, and a way to discover a Brave New WoW.

EDIT - To find me, make sure you get the ´ over the i.
On a Mac: Hold down the Option key and press the e, then let go and press i.
On a PC: Hold down the Alt key and type 0237.
Edited by Sereníty on 8/26/2014 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Neat.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
This is something I've considered doing myself, just for kicks. But I was thinking of going the route of leveling with ONLY Herbalism and Mining. No quests, no kills. If I aggro something while trying to Herb/Mine, I run until it leashes or I die. I haven't been able to convince myself to do this yet because I tend to be trigger happy with low level mobs. lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/29/2011 1:50 PMPosted by Legendaîry
This is something I've considered doing myself, just for kicks. But I was thinking of going the route of leveling with ONLY Herbalism and Mining. No quests, no kills. If I aggro something while trying to Herb/Mine, I run until it leashes or I die. I haven't been able to convince myself to do this yet because I tend to be trigger happy with low level mobs. lol

Come join us!! Quests are not required! :)
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Druid
I've been enjoying my experience leveling with <Peace Corps>. The guild has more genuinely pleasant people than any other I've ever been in. Not one jerk in the bunch.

Leveling takes a bit longer than what I've grown used to, but it's a lot more interesting than the usual route. I find myself exploring a lot of territory that I haven't seen in a long time and the money I've been getting from herbs and ore at the AH is fantastic. I'm definitely enjoying this toon.

For anyone considering this approach, I cannot recommend playing a night elf enough. Shadowmeld has saved my bacon many times. I also recommend a druid, as the HOTs, travel form and aquaform have made leveling vastly more efficient. Prowl has helped me crack some quests and resource nodes that were otherwise undoable.

Overall, it's a much more mellow and laid-back approach to leveling a toon. I find myself paying more attention to the scenery and music than anything else. I also have the freedom to purchase vanity items and outfits that I never felt comfortable spending the money on when I had combat-related gearing needs.

Edited by Springreign on 3/29/2011 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Come join us!! Quests are not required! :)

LOL I appreciate the invitation to join you, but I can promise you, I would mess up at some point. I will, however, be cheering you guys on. I think this is a really cool idea and great way to add a different twist to the challenge of leveling.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Ha! Glad to hear you guys are still going strong!
Reply Quote
I see a third faction starting here.
Reply Quote
67 Gnome Priest
LOL I appreciate the invitation to join you, but I can promise you, I would mess up at some point.

Yeah it is the heartbreaking part when you look at your stats and you see a 1. Many of us have made it without any accidents so far. One of us even said it was really easy (and was in their late 30's without a kill when they said it)

For me I have been less fortunate and run into everything that can happen at least once: The helpful player who kills for me, the NPC that kills for me and the hidden critter inside an herb (that last one was on my other toon that was supposed to be clean!). :(

I so wish I had the patience to restart over to get that clean record again but I am thinking at level 37 I died 18 times, dealt 164 damage overall with a highest hit of 15. And I had 5 accidents of things killing mobs for me.

5 feels like a lot when you try to get to -- but in the light of how we usually play the game even with a tarnished record this isn't bad at all.

I really encourage anyone who wants to have a new experience and feels compelled to play this way to join us. We are a very helpful bunch of people and our site is so helpful to members with complete list of doable quests and what to avoid.

Oh and also on a side note it is true that druids are very well equipped to play this way but we have a gnome priest in our guild who is level 36 and has no kills too so totally doable!!!
Edited by Moulinette on 3/29/2011 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Would it be alright then to heal a dungeon group that's killing people, or heal in battlegrounds, while your team kills other people? Or do you just stick with your other questing/profession methods?
Reply Quote
67 Gnome Priest
03/29/2011 3:01 PMPosted by Ieatyourface
Would it be alright then to heal a dungeon group that's killing people, or heal in battlegrounds, while your team kills other people? Or do you just stick with your other questing/profession methods?

The mechanics are that if you do dungeons or Battleground you get kills for every kill that has been made by your group whether you are only healing or not so we don't do it. We don't even group with each other in case an accident happens so it doesn't affect everyone.

We have a MEDIC rank within our guild for those healers who want to group in batlleground just healing each other. We need more toons to start though but the process to try it has started.

Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Druid
GAHHH!

A 'helpful' lock helped me get my first kill today.

I feel so...dirty.

Im going to press on tho, she's so cute i hate to delete her.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/29/2011 3:12 PMPosted by Moulinette
We have a MEDIC rank within our guild for those healers who want to group in batlleground just healing each other. We need more toons to start though but the process to try it has started.

Right now we have seven MEDICS - we're looking for at least ten so we can field a full premade. We go in full team, or we don't go in at all. The goal would be to keep everyone alive, not necessarily to win, just keep them from getting any HKs, and for the sheer comedy of it.

GAHHH!

A 'helpful' lock helped me get my first kill today.

I feel so...dirty.

Im going to press on tho, she's so cute i hate to delete her.

OH NO!!!! I'm so sorry!!! *cry*

But you're right - press on. You can always roll a new one in addition to that one.
Edited by Sereníty on 3/29/2011 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
62 Undead Death Knight
I'm thinking of joining this....... This is intresting in many ways.
Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Druid
im so sad tho, soooo sad, i might have to start a new one just to get that clean record. altho my medic has a clean record atm.
Edited by Peacelove on 3/29/2011 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
62 Undead Death Knight
Double post!

I decided to try this challenge, because

I heard I liek Chalenges

The guys name is Terenos.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/29/2011 3:21 PMPosted by Thelichthing

YAY Terenos!

do a /who peace corps...

Someone is usually on - and go register at http://peacecorps.guildportal.com and I'll approve you, so you can look at THE LIST (of doable quests..) and other stuff.

:)
Edited by Sereníty on 3/29/2011 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Druid
03/29/2011 3:21 PMPosted by Thelichthing

yes do it! im on now, can invite if u want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]