Secondary talent

90 Human Death Knight
How does it work?
Reply Quote
1) Pay your trainer.
2) Activate second talent.
3) Select different talents from your first talent.
4) Switch between two talents at the push of that "activate" button.
5) ????
6) Profit.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Your secondary talent is just like your primary. In fact, it becomes (for puposes of gameplay) your primary, when you activate it:

1.) bring up "Talents"
2.) click on tab for secondary talent tree you want to use.
3.) Click "Activate."
4.) You lose all mana, rage, focus, whatever; plus anything associated with the tree which just became inactive. Your secondary now is your active talent tree.
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Mage
how do i change back to the first one
Reply Quote
09/21/2011 11:53 PMPosted by Deluded
how do i change back to the first one
Click on the icon of your primary spec (the Fireball icon in your case) near the top right corner of the talent window and then click the "Activate" button.

In future, please don't "necro" bump old threads as it's against the forum rules.
Edited by Choonster on 9/22/2011 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Nercoing threads is against forums rules, create your own next time.

To swap back to your original talent spec, you press N to bring up your talent trees, you'll see two tabs sticking out on the right side. Click the top one and hit Activate.
Edited by Eyo on 9/22/2011 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
follow oxx's directions in reverse. you bring up your talents, then on the right hand side you can select your primary and secondary talents. whichever one is not currently active will have a button for you to click to activate it.

*** damn it, I'm usually good at identifying necro'd threads before I respond.
Edited by Hershe on 9/22/2011 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
92 Blood Elf Hunter
Do not necro threads; this thread is from March. Make your own thread next time.

When your talent page is open, click the tab of the spec you want to switch to (along the right side of the window), and then hit the "Activate" button.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Im a feral combat druid and a restoration druid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
07/29/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Dalyn
Im a feral combat druid and a restoration druid.

I'm happy for you. But please dont bump threads especially ones from over a year ago. If you have a question make a new thread.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
anybody know how to get a second mastery because ive seen before people getting 2 masteries like for instance i have marksmen how would i get beast mastery as well if you say i have to goto a trainer where would said trainer be?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
08/23/2014 10:19 PMPosted by Deathdefire
anybody know how to get a second mastery because ive seen before people getting 2 masteries like for instance i have marksmen how would i get beast mastery as well if you say i have to goto a trainer where would said trainer be?

To clarify, these are called Specializations. Mastery is a different thing altogether. At level 80 you will get a new stat that corresponds to a unique passive for each specialization.

To find a hunter trainer, go to any Alliance capital city (Stormwind, Darnassus, Ironforge, etc) and find a city guard. Your cursor will turn into a scroll upon mousing over them. Find the button to ask them where a hunter trainer is, and it will show up on your map.

Just to help out, here is a location of one of the hunter trainers in Stormwind,

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=44249#abilities

Once you talk to them, ask to learn Dual Talent Specialization. It will cost you 10 gold.

Once you have that, press "N" to open your talents/glyphs/spec window and you will see another tab on the side representing an unpicked specialization. Click on that and change to it, then pick whatever spec you want and select it. You will now have two specializations to swap between whenever you want (except for in combat or in battlegrounds/arenas).

Keep in mind that the two specializations have their own action bars, so take some time to organize each spec's layout. Each spec can also have their own selection of glyphs and talents.
Edited by Scutshakes on 8/24/2014 3:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]