Spirit Beasts

85 Night Elf Priest
04/15/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nuline
The difference is one's meant to be a unique bragging rights pet and one isn't. Spirit beasts are bragging rights pets. GC flat-out stated back during WotLK beta or early live that spirit beasts were something cool they added for the rare pet collectors. That's why they're all rare with unique skins.

And back during WotLK, they weren't their own pet class either. If you tamed Loque you had a cat. If you tamed Skoll you had a wolf.

Things change. You'll still have your "bragging" rights with the rare mobs and their skins, but please tell me what is wrong with putting a regular mob in the game with a base skin that all players of every play style has access to?

And yes, I camped 2 weeks for Broken Tooth when it was a 1.0 attack speed. And yes, I had friends on the Horde side that summoned and helped me get Sian-Rotam. Shouldn't i have the bragging rights to tell Blizzard not to normalize pet attack speeds???
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
You should look into a devilsaur or chimera for pvp. BM isnt viable for pve atm tho.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The difference is one's meant to be a unique bragging rights pet and one isn't. Spirit beasts are bragging rights pets. GC flat-out stated back during WotLK beta or early live that spirit beasts were something cool they added for the rare pet collectors. That's why they're all rare with unique skins.

And back during WotLK, they weren't their own pet class either. If you tamed Loque you had a cat. If you tamed Skoll you had a wolf.
No, if you tamed Loque, you had a spirit beast that looked like a cat. If you tamed Skoll you had a spirit beast that looked like a wolf. Spirit beasts have always been their own family.

If I remember right (you're talking about something that happened 4 or 5 years ago) they did the pet normalization because it was getting to the point where you were required to have not just a specific pet family but a specific (frequently rare) mob as your pet for certain activities. The current situation with spirit beasts doesn't really compare unless you're really attached to the lightning wolf or spirit badger look, because the only differences between the various spirit beasts are cosmetic.
Edited by Nuline on 4/15/2011 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Hunter

I don't believe this is true. I recall Spirit Beasts always being Spirit Beasts, with the same special attack, Spirit Strike (wish they still had that) and the same stats. They weren't cats or wolves that just had a unique skin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
There are 6 spirit beasts available, only 2 of which are hard to catch. One of them is even made specifically so people aren't likely to kill it out of hand.

you have to camp spawn spots for hours or days to get, the other, you just go and get it.

See the difference?

Which is why (And this was pointed out by the person you quoted)
One of them is even made specifically so people aren't likely to kill it

GHOSTCRAWLER is a spirit beast. He has a 24 hour spawn timer and IS NOT CAMPED.
NOBODY can kill him without a raid group.
NOBODY goes back there.
If somebody wants an easy spirit beast he is there waiting for him. The silver dragon around his portrait will not impair their ability to tame him, nor will his death (since it has [/b]never happened[/b].)

He is flagged as rare, but he is literally always there. I have never not seen him up. If you go back there, you will not find any hunters camping his area because nobody has ever needed to camp him. He is that common. You go back there, and you tame him, and you never ever go back to Vashj'ir again.
Edited by Sakana on 4/15/2011 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
You know you should just xfer to my server, apparently we have 0 hunters looking for them, and its extremely low pop.

Gondria sat in zul'drak for like 3 days untouched. I was leveling an alt and didnt have the heart to kill it, and already had it on my hunter. Ghostcrawler is on the reef 100% of the time. Literally NOBODY goes out there, and because he stealths, people that do, either dont see him or think he's not there. Plus he has 1.5 million hp. So not many people feel like going and taking him on, only to find 0 loot.
Reply Quote
15 Goblin Hunter
04/15/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Kaya
They should make a common turd colored tallstrider spirit beast. To have your common man spirit beast you must walk around with a poo flamingo.

Something about this made me rofl XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Spirit Beasts are not really that hard to get. But, honestly, they should be. Consider them as a rite of passage. You have to earn it. By the way, they're a lot easier to get when you don't waste time complaining about them on a forum.

I agree and disagree here. Is does feel good once you have got the pet, that you can say you earned it, but they can be hard to get.

I myself have been pretty lucky hunting all the spirit beasts till it came to Acturius. There are some really selfish people out there that will kill a spirit beast that you are taming just so you cant have it. This sucks especially if you have been looking really hard for it, just to have it taken away.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/15/2011 11:17 AMPosted by Juken
You should look into a devilsaur or chimera for pvp. BM isnt viable for pve atm tho.

Ha 19k-22k dps isn't "viable" I guess. Only fights that BM isn't viable are atramedes and al'akir cause of air phase and pathing problems. How bout instead of saying "not viable" say "isn't the best spec for pve".

Also the spirit beast that I got I spent a grand total of 1hr tops on each of them. Instead of camping them you should just check for them waiting in dungeon/bg ques. Also when you log in and log out too. How I got my Arcturis. No reason to waste retarded amount of hours.
Edited by Knóxx on 4/24/2011 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
*gasp* I have to HUNT?!

In any case, I wouldn't mind a welfare non-rare spirit beast. So long as it wasn't anything special, just a see-through kitty or something.

I doubt blizz would do that though, they seem to like the idea of a purely rare pet family. So, get to camping.

I recommend Arcturis, he only has one spawn point and I've found him without particularly trying several times. If you don't want to camp just check in on his spawn once every few hours, while you wait for your BG / instance queues perhaps.

Or, hell, check for all of the northrend spirit beasts while you're at it. They're not as hard to find as they sound these days.

Edit: Ghostcrawler is a fantastic choice as well, random other classes can't hop on by and kill him. He's also level 85 already, so no grinding needed.
Edited by Verdecaza on 4/24/2011 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Well, In the Valley of Eternal Blossoms, there's a pack of wolves that look similar to Skoll, skinwise, but are just regular wolves. I think that's as close as you're gonna get, tbh.

Now...

Let's petition for a Tallstrider Spirit beast!!!
Edited by Tsahil on 11/27/2012 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Undead Hunter
has anyone seen the spirit beasts of northend since the last patch? I have been searching for the spirit cats and have not been able to find them. I spent almost a full day looking for the cat in the areas that the cat spawns in but it never showed up. I am in the realm of nazgrel.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Edited by Dressari on 9/30/2013 1:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
... Please do not necro old threads like this. If you have a question, simple ask in the hunter chat thread, or make a thread of your own.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]