1-60 AWESOME leveling!! but....

27 Dwarf Warlock
I have been leveling this warlock past few days and the new quests are more than superb, I have been enjoying leveling like crazy. I started in the human zone and right now Im in Redridge, the story is incredible and fun. This is the first time I level without even noticing which level I am and without even looking to my exp bar.

My point is that, sadly, the fun ends at 60 and a horrible tedious journey starts, especially from 70 - 80, it is a boring nightmare.

Blizzard, is there a way you could make leveling from 60 - 80 as fun as the "new" leveling? Or anyone know if there are plans to do this?

I have heard that 80 - 85 is also very fun, but I dont know because I havent reached there yet.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Don't worry, the fun stops before 60.
Reply Quote
27 Dwarf Warlock
03/30/2011 9:49 AMPosted by Kaelthor
Don't worry, the fun stops before 60.

I already leveled a rogue from 1-60 horde side... and it was fun...Aliance quests much more fun though
Reply Quote
I agree the revamped low levels are great!

Too bad most people have the "rush to 85 so we can complain about endgame like the cool kids" mindset.

Reply Quote
Yeah 60-80 blows. i pushed through the outland quests till 68. i grinded from 77-80 doing bgs because i couldnt stand the tedious annoying questing any longer. if you want, do bg grinding or instance grinding. They are both good relaxing fun from the tedious outlands/northrend questing. I think that blizz made outland and northrend still fairly tedious because they want their players to see the major expansion zones that they released back then. Unfortunatley it does get tedious and i would like to see leveling in outlands and northrend become a bit more entertaining. But you do have something to look forward to as cataclysm leveling is very fun and doesnt seem long because you are having fun with storylines, rep grinding for that 359 epic gear from quartermasters that you look forward to, and dungeons and what not with guildmates who also may be leveling in the cata zones.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I actuallly like Outlands. It's the quests in Northrend that really bog me down.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I have been leveling this warlock past few days and the new quests are more than superb, I have been enjoying leveling like crazy. I started in the human zone and right now Im in Redridge, the story is incredible and fun. This is the first time I level without even noticing which level I am and without even looking to my exp bar.

My point is that, sadly, the fun ends at 60 and a horrible tedious journey starts, especially from 70 - 80, it is a boring nightmare.

Blizzard, is there a way you could make leveling from 60 - 80 as fun as the "new" leveling? Or anyone know if there are plans to do this?

I have heard that 80 - 85 is also very fun, but I dont know because I havent reached there yet.

We know that for many who have gone through Outland and Northrend before, it may not be as fun as the first or second or even third time you've gone through it. We understand but also believe that in general, the quest flow is much better than what was available in original World of Warcraft. Between that and the increased rate of experience gain, you should be able to go through these areas relatively quickly. Would we like to update Outland at some point in time? Sure. It's a possibility. But it's not on our immediate radar. There's still a lot more to be done in World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I love leveling in outland, getting gem gear and throwing in epic wrath gems/wrath enchants and watching my stats shoot up.
Edited by Holydude on 3/30/2011 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Dunno, I just got my Gnome priest to Outlands, we are having a blast running the instances as a guild and a bunch of our friends. It's almost like when BC dropped, only better, cause we actually know what to do now ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
DWARF WARLOCK!!

OMG! THEY DO EXIST!
Reply Quote
27 Dwarf Warlock

We know that for many who have gone through Outland and Northrend before, it may not be as fun as the first or second or even third time you've gone through it. We understand but also believe that in general, the quest flow is much better than what was available in original World of Warcraft. Between that and the increased rate of experience gain, you should be able to go through these areas relatively quickly. Would we like to update Outland at some point in time? Sure. It's a possibility. But it's not on our immediate radar. There's still a lot more to be done in World of Warcraft.

Thanks for the answer and really grats on the job done on the new quests. I have been playing for more than 5 years and its the first time that I actually read every single quest I do.

I cant wait to get to 80 to view the new zones and the new quests.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
DWARF WARLOCK!!

OMG! THEY DO EXIST!

no no, that's just the jumbo guitar player in a mexican troubadour band, they are normally called mariachis, although I can understand your confusion, mariachis and warlocks are similar :p
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

I don't think the issue is about fun. It is about speed. When you level through the new 1-60 you move at an incredible pace. Once you hit the outlands and Northrend that pace comes to a grinding halt.

Rather than re-work all of the outlands and Northrend like post cata Azeroth, a bump in quest exp awarded or a reduction in exp required per level 60-80 would go a long way to improving the leveling experience.
Edited by Straasha on 3/30/2011 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Dwarf Warlock
DWARF WARLOCK!!

OMG! THEY DO EXIST!

Of course we do!! :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I just got to 60...don't know why it says 59 to the side but anyway.
Its true, once you get to 58 you race to the outlands with a great attitude.
Then they hit you with these incredibly tedious quests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]