1-60 AWESOME leveling!! but....

82 Human Priest
I agree with the OP. 1-60 is tons of fun. I leveled a warlock via questing just after Cata launched and enjoyed it thoroughly. When I hit Outland, I stopped. I just couldn't face Outland again. With this toon, I've been leveling primarily through 5mans. I'm lucky cuz I'm a healer so I don't have to wait for annoyingly long queues. This didn't become as important as it is till I hit Outland. I stayed in old world till 60 (not 58) and just chain queue through 5mans so I can avoid the same old quests. Plus, it gives me practice for endgame healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MId game is broken. Blizzard know but they happen to care more about doing nothing that actually working on something players are requesting.. sad blizz.. very sad
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Dwarfs can be WARLOCKS?!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
03/30/2011 10:13 AMPosted by Straasha
We know that for many who have gone through Outland and Northrend before, it may not be as fun as the first or second or even third time you've gone through it. We understand but also believe that in general, the quest flow is much better than what was available in original World of Warcraft. Between that and the increased rate of experience gain, you should be able to go through these areas relatively quickly. Would we like to update Outland at some point in time? Sure. It's a possibility. But it's not on our immediate radar. There's still a lot more to be done in World of Warcraft.

I don't think the issue is about fun. It is about speed. When you level through the new 1-60 you move at an incredible pace. Once you hit the outlands and Northrend that pace comes to a grinding halt.

Rather than re-work all of the outlands and Northrend like post cata Azeroth, a bump in quest exp awarded or a reduction in exp required per level 60-80 would go a long way to improving the leveling experience.

Outland already goes by at the speed of light. Any faster and you'll be done with it by time you finish Hellfire. Seriously, you only need to do All of HFP and Zanga, and then about half of either Terrokar or Nagrand and you're done.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
We know that for many who have gone through Outland and Northrend before, it may not be as fun as the first or second or even third time you've gone through it. We understand but also believe that in general, the quest flow is much better than what was available in original World of Warcraft. Between that and the increased rate of experience gain, you should be able to go through these areas relatively quickly. Would we like to update Outland at some point in time? Sure. It's a possibility. But it's not on our immediate radar. There's still a lot more to be done in World of Warcraft.

I believe the problem with Outland is people are tired of HFP and Zangarmarsh. And they have to level in those zones until atleast 63ish. I feel that there are many zones in outland that can be adjusted for earlier level. For example, not many people level in terokkar and blade's edge. Perhaps tune these two zones for level 60-65? Samething can be done for some northrend zones.

The questing flow is fine but we definitely need more options for leveling from 60-85. By more options I mean more zones.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I've lvled up 6 toons to 85, and countless others and I'm still having fun in Outlands and Northrend. Not sure what I am doing differently then some of you, maybe just a case of different strokes for different folks. Would be interesting if blizzard spiced it up a bit, but I kind of like the flow I have set up in the areas to lvl up quicker.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
03/30/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Nethaera

I think the OP is correct about the "northrend grind" doing 10-12 levels out there is pretty painful and tedious. This is with full heirlooms (including the ring) and the guild perks. Reducing the XP requirements is probably a good idea. Especially if we want to see people leveling more alts in the future.

Outland actually isn't so bad. I end up being around 65-66 before leaving Hellfire and then I just finish up in Nagrand.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
DWARF WARLOCK!!

OMG! THEY DO EXIST!

Yes we do exist =P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
60 to 70 is very bearable.

However, 74 to 80 seems to be the roadblock for my characters. I also did a dwarf lock from scratch and he clipped along until the Grizzly Hills range.

This DK here blew apart Outlands in a weekend... And then spent the next few weeks in Northrend. Its not hard, its just extremely boring. I guess I've done it so many times and feel burnt out, but I would often log in do maybe 1.5 quests and then log off to do something else.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I've recently been leveling a new character from scratch, and while I didn't find Outlands too slow, Northrend really seemed to drag on forever.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
DWARF WARLOCK!!

OMG! THEY DO EXIST!

Yes we do exist =P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
03/30/2011 10:16 AMPosted by Falliz
I actuallly like Outlands. It's the quests in Northrend that really bog me down.

From like 76-80 i couldnt even find quest lmao

It's called Storm Peaks, Icecrown... and Argent Tournament... Although it's dailies at the Crusader fields, but it helps collect the rep. for your factions that you skipped over... (outside of Goblins, ofc)...

Better solution would be to pick up a gathering profession and power level that during the 60-80 grind... partly because of the XP per node, and partly because those mats usually sell really well on the AH... (Fel Iron... Y U COST SO MUCH?!?!)

So yeah.... farming can be boring, but it's worth it's time in gold if you do it right and it can be better than chasing mobs on a crappy quest line... lol
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
For me Northrend is the real nightmare. I guess Outlands just retains that nostalgic value for me. I'll still say the last time a leveled a char (Warrior right after cata release) it was hard not to notice the dramatic shift in leveling flow. I take this as it comes because it really is better than leveling 40-60 used to be and what not, so I can appreciate that, but I feel bad for new players.

I really think a possible solution would be to give more exp for bg's or dungeons. I guess I feel that with the 1-60 grind you just did and the 80-85 grind you'll have ahead of you when you finally get out of Northrend, making Outland and Northrend a cake walk by leisurely pvp'ing or running dungeons just seems merited.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I have found the leveling experience from 1-80 inclusive to go by pretty quickly.
The bump already given to the speed with which you can get through 70-80 is appreciable to me. Plus, I like Northrend, so it doesn't feel like a horrible chore to me to be out there.

Personally, I think the leveling experience from 81-85 is the most painful thing I've had to do. Leveling seven toons through Outland and five through Northrend (so far) is nothing compared to trying to get them through those last five levels.

Having to do the same exact quest lines in the same exact order for the fifth time already is bringing me to tears. (For the sixth time in Twilight Highlands, since the shaman I faction-changed last week had to redo all the faction-specific quests to open the portal and get the port functioning as a town.)

WTB an account-bound "key to Dragonmaw" that can be sent from a level 85 to a level 84 to bypass the whole "check the tanks / run around Bilgewater / kill the Dragonmaw leader" chain, so that I don't have to go through the whole rigamarole ever again.

It was only interesting once!

(although I still giggle a little every time the negotiator asks me if his red shirt makes him look expendable...)
Reply Quote
I have to agree. I reached 58 and the fun stopped for me in Outlands, quoting the quest perfectly named "Outlands Sucks". I really loved Northrend so i'm not bored or anything at all now but 58-68 was horribly slow and boring :(
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/30/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Jeremias
MId game is broken. Blizzard know but they happen to care more about doing nothing that actually working on something players are requesting.. sad blizz.. very sad

Broken implies that it doesn't work at all. This word is thrown around quite a bit, but just because something doesn't work how you feel it should, does not mean it's broken.

We definitely aren't doing "nothing" since we are currently focused on getting patch 4.1 worked on and moving on from there to more Cataclysm content.

We do appreciate those who have given constructive feedback on their feelings on leveling from 60-80 and as I mentioned earlier, we do have accelerated experience gains for these levels. As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, getting flight early on also helps with getting around these areas and completing quests in a more efficient way if that's what you're looking for.

To make any other changes to the way the leveling zones and quests work within Outland or Northrend would take a significant amount of additional development time and isn't a simple undertaking as many have seen with Cataclysm and the changes brought about with it. If and when we feel the need is there to revisit the content in Outland and Northrend we will (again as we've exhibited in our willingness to address "old" content with the changes to Azeroth itself), but now is not the time for that.
Reply Quote
75 Troll Druid
It's boring in outland. Even the dungeons are boring doing them the second or third time on a new class/spec.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Outland already goes by very fast. And between heirlooms (+35% experience), guild experience bonus (+10%), and the 20% reduction in experience needed to level 70-80, Northrend doesn't take that long, either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]