Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds Testing

Community Manager
As a part of our ongoing development and testing for World of Warcraft, we are introducing same faction Rated Battlegrounds on the PTR. Teams will be able to queue up and face opponents of either faction in head-to-head competition to truly gauge who deserves to be top of the heap.

This new functionality of the Rated Battleground matchmaking system is still a work in progress, so we’ll need your help. If you’re interested in helping test same faction Rated Battleground queuing and play with (or go head-to-head with) Blizzard employees, just keep an eye on the PTR forum for times and details:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181024/
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Very interesting development. I look forward to seeing how it pans out. :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This is really need for the horde our que times can be 20 min+ sometimes and that is a long time when you can't do anything but duel or farm.

Question for Bliz. Would it be possible to make dailies doable in raid groups? I know why this was put in originally, but now with rated BGs we spend a whole night in a raid group in que for these and I am not able to do any dailies during the down time.

If you dont want this changed I understand but it would be nice :)
Edited by Nìghtstalker on 3/31/2011 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
W00t First page.

That is sweet hopefully it makes the Q times faster?!

Now all we need is FOR BLIZZARD to fix the BG Qs not working properly
Edited by Ragnorock on 3/31/2011 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Gonna be interesting. Wonder if this will expand or lessen the population gap between Alliance and Horde on the servers if it goes live. Should certainly help with que times though.

Edit: April Fool's Maybe? Guess not.
Edited by Thrax on 4/1/2011 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Oh my God. Alliance stomping all day. Thanks.
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
This is the correct decision and I can only hope that this will lead to non-rated BGs allowing the same functionaility in the future.
Reply Quote
wow, kind of makes sense due to queue times, but . . . wow.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
What!!!!

omg hottness , now if I can ever get into a rated team /cry...hopefully this will help and more people will be willing to do rateds yay
Reply Quote
7 Human Hunter
It kind of takes the whole meaning out of it though.

I understand the idea from a gameplay perspective but it makes little or no sense outside of that.

Will the two opposing teams be able to communicate with each other?

sorta how I feel.

Imo it's fine in the context of rated bgs but if it is implemented for normal bgs it will kill the whole conflict aspect of this game, which, I guess, is already pretty dead anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
This sounds very interesting and I'll have to give it a try. I haven't played in any rated battlegrounds yet though, but this sounds like a great time to start playing in them! =)

Thanks for the update on this feature in-game!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
It kind of takes the whole meaning out of it though.

I understand the idea from a gameplay perspective but it makes little or no sense outside of that.

Will the two opposing teams be able to communicate with each other?

sorta how I feel.

Imo it's fine in the context of rated bgs but if it is implemented for normal bgs it will kill the whole conflict aspect of this game, which, I guess, is already pretty dead anyways.

I assume it would be like in arena when you face same faction, no speak to each other.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]