Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds Testing

73 Undead Warrior
04/01/2011 09:38 AMPosted by Rislyn
Who cares about the lore, the que times are ridiculously imbalanced right now. All wow is is a game.

If you can't see the far reaching ramifications of faction making absolutely no difference in this game, you're not thinking hard enough.

Please tell us then, how in the world this will, "destroy the game,' as you predicted. There will always be people who prefer alliance, and Blizz can do something like give Alliance insane racials to make people transfer. The sky isn't falling.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Let's me be clear up front. This post was posted yesterday afternoon and is 100% serious. This is a functionality that we'd like to test on the PTR. Please note the very important word "test". We do not have a specific time frame of when we would implement this. But, we do want to get player participation in trying it out.

At this point in time, this is only for Rated Battlegrounds. We have not planned for this to be implemented for normal Battlegrounds at this point in time.

Yes, you will still earn HKs.

I strongly suggest that if you are taking part in this thread that you post constructively. Posting harassing or defamatory language toward each other is not appropriate. Posting harassing or defamatory language toward Blizzard employees is likewise not appropriate. Trolling likewise is not appropriate.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Then you should introduce new bg's.

Fighting the same faction on a contested territory doesn't make any sense and it feels ridiculous, although i aprove some points of the new feature (faster queues and more pvp diversity) you are turning this game as an arcade game without any sense or background support.

Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Good gameplay > Lore / story / whatever you are into ANY day.

I could care less that we are on "contested" territory.. get over it

GJ blizzard. GREAT idea
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
same-faction pvp just call it shirts vs skins really. call it red vs blue. there's no problem with changing text around.
the odd part will be the "killing" aspect. so far its quite built into the game to kill the opposing faction, but to kill a fellow comrade for a flag is a bit of a stretch. maybe just changing the word "dead" to "out" or something so its more like a tournament game would work with the lore.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Let's me be clear up front. This post was posted yesterday afternoon and is 100% serious. This is a functionality that we'd like to test on the PTR. Please note the very important word "test". We do not have a specific time frame of when we would implement this. But, we do want to get player participation in trying it out.

At this point in time, this is only for Rated Battlegrounds. We have not planned for this to be implemented for normal Battlegrounds at this point in time.

Yes, you will still earn HKs.

I strongly suggest that if you are taking part in this thread that you post constructively. Posting harassing or defamatory language toward each other is not appropriate. Posting harassing or defamatory language toward Blizzard employees is likewise not appropriate. Trolling likewise is not appropriate.

Neth, I'm not trying to be defamatory to Blizzard, but I'm very, very disappointed by this announcement and especially by your use of "At this time" in your post. Never say never, I'm sure, but the future is looking rather bleak for the Alliance. In my own perception on how this game has panned out in the past, regular BG's will follow suit shortly after this, leaving Alliance in the dust. And to the poster above, I'm sorry, but Blizzard won't overbuff Alliance racials to balance the factions when there is no reason to do so anymore (i.e., BG queues).
Edited by Rislyn on 4/1/2011 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

If you can't see the far reaching ramifications of faction making absolutely no difference in this game, you're not thinking hard enough.

Please tell me of ramifications. There was never truly a war between Alliance and Horde anyway. You only saw it in certain zones and most of it was phased. There is no real world dynamic nor is there a sense of urgency about it. The closest thing there is to it military RP.

So I see nothing of these ramifications and they can easily change some minor things to make it right. Use different colors when fighting same faction. I for one welcome it. Stop being one sided.

I'm talking faction balance on servers. Have you not seen the complaints of the underpopulated factions on certain servers, the ones with 10 to 1 Horde. Faction balance affects more than just BG queues, but the entire server economy and PvE progression? Once that balance gets so overwhelming for one side, there is nothing you can do to fix it. The underpopulated side continues to faction transfer. Free server transfers do nothing.
Edited by Rislyn on 4/1/2011 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

Neth, I'm not trying to be defamatory to Blizzard, but I'm very, very disappointed by this announcement and especially by your use of "At this time" in your post. Never say never, I'm sure, but the future is looking rather bleak for the Alliance. In my own perception on how this game has panned out in the past, regular BG's will follow suit shortly after this, leaving Alliance in the dust. And to the poster above, I'm sorry, but Blizzard won't overbuff Alliance racials to balance the factions when there is no reason to do so anymore (i.e., BG queues).

All the games I been playing have been pretty even in bg's across all my toons. Horde are just PVP oriented. It has nothing to do with racials for if they defined the experience of pvp..rofl. If you truly think that then I don't know what to tell you. This can be quite fun all across.

I played horde at 85 as well and we lost just as much as we won even at 85. Different experiences are different.

This has nothing to do with winning or losing, it has to do with perception. The perception right now is that Horde is the favored faction for PvP (and it's quickly becoming the faction for PvE too).
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
04/01/2011 10:13 AMPosted by Instigaterr
Good gameplay > Lore / story / whatever you are into ANY day.

If you like features that doesn't make any sense doesn't mean that others like it.

This is only an improvement to encourage casual horde players to play rbgs, what new gameplay features you will see here?

Anyways the lore part, epicness and faction pride on this game is already destroyed since faction transfers, weird race/class combinations (tauren paladin lmao) and the "casualmania" in Wotlk because of that the creation of this new feature is inminent and is a logical step because blizzard's mentality right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

I'm talking faction balance on servers. Have you not seen the complaints of the underpopulated factions on certain servers, the ones with 10 to 1 Horde. Faction balance affects more than just BG queues, but the server economy and PvE progression.

This about about PVP. If you're talking about world pvp and server pvp that never has changed. They should just merge the servers already that are low pvp.

Yet this has NOTHING TO DO with BG's in general. Only having problems forming RBG's teams or random BG's which people rarely do in most servers anyway. Arena is much easier for points.

Imbalance has nothing to do with battlegrounds merged

If you think people won't faction swap because BG queues don't make a difference anymore, you're mistaken. I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. The more people feel like faction makes a difference when it comes to PvP and PvE, the more they're going to swap to whichever faction "seems" to have the advantage. History shows us that PvP players roll Horde (which is why we have the huge BG imbalance now). More and more, PvE world firsts are going to Horde guilds now too. It's momentum, and same faction BG's will only make the problem worse.
Edited by Rislyn on 4/1/2011 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
This has nothing to do with winning or losing, it has to do with perception. The perception right now is that Horde is the favored faction for PvP (and it's quickly becoming the faction for PvE too).

By perception yes but in reallity:

Rated PVP = Alliance
PVE= Horde.

If you are worried about transfers only certain people with poor criteria will do it (crybabys without friends, pug players and low skilled people), faction quality will stay the same, rated pvp =/= randoms.
Edited by Alenth on 4/1/2011 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
The lore part was never definitive in the first place because Azeroth lacks persistence. I really see no problem with it. They can do minor changes to incorporate it(tournament and such) but i don't care really if they don'gt.

Lack of persistent features in a gaming world leaves things to be desired.

I was in favor of the idea.

But i don't know how far they will take this kind of decisions, they think this will improve the gameplay for the the community? ok i trust them, but i only hope if they can give us a very worked feature in the future that favors a good competition.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
04/01/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Ises

If you like features that doesn't make any sense doesn't mean that others like it.

This is only an improvement to encourage casual horde players to play rbgs, what new gameplay features you will see here?

Anyways the lore part, epicness and faction pride on this game is already destroyed since faction transfers, weird race/class combinations (tauren paladin lmao) and the "casualmania" in Wotlk because of that the creation of this new feature is inminent and is a logical step because blizzard's mentality right now.

The lore part was never definitive in the first place because Azeroth lacks persistence. I really see no problem with it. They can do minor changes to incorporate it(tournament and such) but i don't care really if they don'gt.

Lack of persistent features in a gaming world leaves things to be desired.

Then what's the point of writing lore for this game and trying to bring the "war" back to Warcraft? Why even play WOW if the lore isn't a part of the experience? You can get a much more balanced and fun PvP game outside of WOW (and people who are serious about PvP do).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]