Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds Testing

85 Blood Elf Warlock
New Battlegrounds that don't require faction vs. faction lore. It doesn't have to be just for RBGs, but it IS designed for them.

Isn't that what is being said? Or am I the first?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Let's me be clear up front. This post was posted yesterday afternoon and is 100% serious. This is a functionality that we'd like to test on the PTR. Please note the very important word "test". We do not have a specific time frame of when we would implement this. But, we do want to get player participation in trying it out.

At this point in time, this is only for Rated Battlegrounds. We have not planned for this to be implemented for normal Battlegrounds at this point in time.

Yes, you will still earn HKs.

I strongly suggest that if you are taking part in this thread that you post constructively. Posting harassing or defamatory language toward each other is not appropriate. Posting harassing or defamatory language toward Blizzard employees is likewise not appropriate. Trolling likewise is not appropriate.

So question.

Why even bother calling them battlegrounds anymore? Why should they apply to the achievements that are "for the alliance, in service to the alliance, HERO OF THE ALLIANCE, etc." When they aren't at all a faction vs faction type event anymore.

If you want to kill the flavor of battlegrounds for the sake of gameplay, at least be thorough about it, go through and change the titles, the achievements and the names of the battlegrounds themselves. You're taking half the fun out of it already, why not just be thorough about it and stop pretending that they're still battlegrounds at all?

Second question.

Can you at least give the playerbase an option on whether or not we WANT to play against same faction teams? That shouldn't be too hard to implement, and if we choose to have longer queue times for the sake of fun we should be allowed to do that.

Final question.

How exactly do you expect same faction teams to NOT have a negative overall effect on the MMR system in place? How do you expect to work around teams that are constantly changing members after losses.

How do you expect to clamp down on the obvious win trading that's going to result from this? How do you expect to clamp down on it when there's no record of what team plays against what team?

Do you guys really realize the amount of trouble this change is going to cause? Is it really worth it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Same faction Battlegrounds, rated and non-rated, would be a very good thing. I cannot stand waiting 10-15 min to get into a BG on my horde characters. This is basically the one reason I cannot play on the faction that I would like to. I just cannot stand the wait times at all.

also could we think about implementing a six versus six format for rated BG's?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I see the logic; but I don't agree with it.

I mean I see it in arena; but that's neutral. The nature of a battleground is tied into the horde vs alliance; many of which re-iterate this point with even the starting areas.

I suppose you could use things like AB for that pourpose; but honestly to do this, I would suggest a totally new bg.

They introduced Twin Peaks, and battle for gilneas which can be percieved either way; the same with AB perhaps; and and maybe EotS..

That may be the last straw however, as Lore was one of the few reasons I still bother playing this game; its tremendous.

Logic wins out however; looking at the community at large, those caring about lore are in the minority. It sucks being in that small bracket, but at the end of the day, it will be one more straw to add to the pile.

A greater number of players will be happy, and they likely will re-balance racials. Unfortunately this still remains in my opinion a tempoary solution to a long standing problem; the horde really does attract a diffrent kind of player, blood elves being bashed on is a perfect manifestation of this.

When bg's combined all the battlegroups, this issue became even more glaring, as the problem was collectivly existant amongst the entire alliance and not just that particular battlegroup.

That said, the majority of players who do rated bg's is a fraction of those who raid quite honestly, and the ones that do it at any competitive level are even smaller. We'll have to see how it fans out; however, I will not be happy with this if it spreads to non-rated bg's for this reason.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
This will hasten the rest of the players on Ally side to transfer...

Reply Quote
31 Draenei Priest
04/04/2011 04:39 PMPosted by Deathrind
This will hasten the rest of the players on Ally side to transfer...

Yup, how anyone doesn't get this is beyond me.

The only reason to PVP as Alliance right now is the short queue times. Take that away and what reason do you have to play on the inferior PVP faction?
Reply Quote
31 Draenei Priest
Same faction Battlegrounds, rated and non-rated, would be a very good thing. I cannot stand waiting 10-15 min to get into a BG on my horde characters. This is basically the one reason I cannot play on the faction that I would like to. I just cannot stand the wait times at all.

Precisely. The only reason your playing Alliance for PVP is queue times. Remove instant queues as the only benefit to being Alliance and the result will be even more people rolling or faction transferring to Horde.

The only solution to these PVP faction imbalance problems is for Blizzard to make the Alliance more attractive to PVPers. So far, they just can't seem to find a way to do it.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
I think this would be a great thing. More options is a good thing.

Reply Quote
31 Draenei Priest
04/04/2011 05:04 PMPosted by Fredosaurus
ps: like many ppl have already said, not all wow server are terrible like yours. Stop generalizing, not all alliance are terrible like you. Sorry had to be said.

What are you babbling about? We are not talking about servers or even battlegroups since they don't exist anymore for battleground purposes.

We are talking about the fact that far more horde are queuing for regular battlegrounds and rated battlegrounds, and because of that one of the only real benefits to playing Alliance is for the instant queues. Take those away and it removes an incentive for people to roll/faction change to Alliance which is necessary if the current imbalance is to be corrected.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Rogue
04/04/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Candiru
Take those away and it removes an incentive for people to roll/faction change to Alliance which is necessary if the current imbalance is to be corrected.

There isn't a population imbalance. It's just the horde queue more for battlegrounds than alliance.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I love playing warcraft 3--and in that game (which wow is based on) you fight the same faction all the time in multiplayer.

you choose horde--your friend chooses horde and you have a cool battle with a bunch of orcs

I think those kind of combinations is what WoW pvp lacks. --I understand they are considering this for rated battlegrounds, but I think they should do it for all battlegrounds. I think the same faction Idea would free up their creativity to make more interesting battlegrounds also -- What about 3 or 4 different armies

horde vs horde vs alliance vs horde (or any combination)

Thats what warcraft 3 was all about--unfortunately those kind of battle never translated to WoW

They built WoW to feel like the Warcraft RTS games-- but they never built those same battles into WoW. Blizz go get on Warcraft 3 and play a 4 person battle then turn that into a BG.

You could only do that with same faction fights (sorry if this was a little off topic)

Also --it doesnt destroy the game at all -- it just makes it more like Warcraft RTS games which is what i think Blizz should model pvp after anyway

Reply Quote
31 Draenei Priest
04/04/2011 07:47 PMPosted by Shîz
There isn't a population imbalance. It's just the horde queue more for battlegrounds than alliance.

There is a population imbalance in terms of which faction is PVP oriented and queuing more battlegrounds. That IS an imbalance and it is what is causing Horde to wait in painfully long queues and resulting in Alliance, arguably, losing a higher percentage of battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Rogue
04/04/2011 08:25 PMPosted by Candiru

There is a population imbalance in terms of which faction is PVP oriented and queuing more battlegrounds.

Thats right.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Cant wait to see who is really stronger- Worgen or Humans
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
As someone who has been in 40minute Rated BG ques I applaud Blizz for making this decision.

Last week our two rated BG teams got to play 2 matches each and then for a bit of fun (After waiting 30mins) decided to do a wargame against each other on WSG.

It came down to the wire and it was alot of fun.

I think there are some things that will have to be worked out

(I don't think teams from the same server/faction should be allowed to play each other etc).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't think people will care that much to transfer factions if it did go through. I agree with others in thinking you're whining. Sorry.
If it does, good. I'm tired of being outnumbered 3:1 alliance:horde on my server. (If you say this isn't about servers I will smite you. Obviously some of those alliance would be on my PvP server.)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
lol this has the potential to end in disaster. horde blows at bgs so when both sides are horde.... oh man lol this is gonna be awful. Both fractions fighting each other in the middle during wg and not giving a crap about flags, hordes (lol) of mouthbreathers attempting to capture the flag in EotS while the bases are still gray. Everyone trying to gank farm and stable not giving a crap about other areas in AB and massive 40 on 40 "who will zerg first" AVs

Reply Quote
27 Worgen Priest

also could we think about implementing a six versus six format for rated BG's?

or 5v5 even.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]