Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds Testing

22 Tauren Hunter
I love all the Horde here being against same faction BGs. Im sorry you wont be getting free honor from alliance anymore. Very cute Hordies very cute.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Apply this to Regular Battlegrounds, not just Rated! The currently broken BG Queue is driving Horde PvPers nuts.

I don't care if it's Alliance or Horde that I'm killing. JUST LET ME PVP!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I wouldn't mind seeing this for regular BGs either. Sure it'll really screw up the whole Alliance VS Horde thing...but more good than bad comes out of it. It'll really only affect those who are used to the old way of things. New players wont even care as they wont know what it was like before they joined.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
If this goes live, can i suggest we be allowed to name our RBG teams, and show them instead of our factions? Give us Team Tabards, and like what one poster mentioned show our Team Flag when we cap a base, not our faction's.

Change the perspective that Rated BGs are no longer Horde Vs Alliance, but Team Vs Team.

My two cents.
Reply Quote
23 Troll Druid
This is really cool :) Queue times are terrible as Horde.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Control the troublemakers !

Please add a third choice for PVP. Pirate Control. If no faction based que is available after 5 minutes I would be added to this larger que also.

The membership for rebellion control would be anyone else that chooses that option and they can be from any faction plus anyone of the next higher bracket that is poorly geared. Randomly assign me to the pirate team or the enforcer team. Give the pirates the pirate outfit buff.

Blizzard can develop some lore too go with it. Temporary cooperation to control pirates or Booty Bay hires mercenaries to get rid of competition.

Hey here is another idea, this could even be something completly new. A three team BG. Horde vs. Alliance vs. Pirates. The Pirates would be us crazy players from both the Horde and Alliance that form a rebellion against all current authorities.

The PVP Wait times are my biggest complaint. I even canceled my account for awhile because of them. Waiting 40 minutes to play is just to long. And it happens for both my Horde and Alliance toons.
Edited by Barbiepal on 4/9/2011 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Blizzard loves implementing bandaid fixes that only break the game even more once they wear out. I totally expect this to get implemented in regular BG's shortly after they happen for RBG's.
Edited by Rislyn on 4/10/2011 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Battle royal style or king of the hill. Every one for themselves. yep yep. love it
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
If this goes live, can i suggest we be allowed to name our RBG teams, and show them instead of our factions? Give us Team Tabards, and like what one poster mentioned show our Team Flag when we cap a base, not our faction's.

Change the perspective that Rated BGs are no longer Horde Vs Alliance, but Team Vs Team.

My two cents.

Thumbs up this post.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I don't understand how anyone could be against this change. You can't honestly expect lore to be more important than the satisfaction of players.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
hey look!

blizz has dealt with the pvp imbalance.

just eliminate one faction entirely.

wouldn't it have just been easier to create parity between the factions?

Edited by Werealgondie on 4/11/2011 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I saw this thread and got excited.

Then you said rated battlegrounds. Can I be frank for a minute? Very few people care about rated battlegrounds. By FAR the more popular one that this change should go through on is unrated battlegrounds.

I waste entirely too much of my life sitting in unrated, broken, unrated battleground queues. Making this change on rated BGs proves lore is unnecessary and just gets in the way. Make it happen on both, kthx.
Reply Quote
71 Human Death Knight
Cool... but it doesn't make any sense.

EDIT: Wintrading Inc.
Edited by Meran on 4/11/2011 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Paladin
Does this mean i can kill people on my faction
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
KGB
This is a good idea, but as others have said it does sort of kill the idea of it being representative of the larger scale conflict between horde and alliance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]