Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds Testing

85 Human Mage
Exactly. Horde wins, alliance transfers to Horde, and then has long queue times. Boo Hoo. Believe me, I tried horde on Malganis, Illidan, Chogall, and several others just to see what the ratio was, and on every single instance my win ratio as horde went up significantly.

Say Horde are better, but it's not true. There are some excellent Alliance players too. But notice the comp of the team next time you random BG. Horde generally gets more healers, and then also generally has better healers. They win more gear up more/faster, and the cycle continues. Balanced teams in random BG's would be a step, like for raids, but blizzard doesn't really seem to care, so instead they allow horde to fight horde. What a joke of a fix for queue times when the fix is to balance PVP comp so the alliance vs horde matches are more equal.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Honestly, most of the PVP'ers I know have already quit wow and moved to League of Legends. Not sure if Blizzard realizes or even cares, but their most find their choice of characters, level playing field each and every game, and match system far superior. I keep hoping Blizzard will get a clue, but horde vs. horder rather than a new queue system with balanced teams??? wtf blizz!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
@Development Team.

Greetings.
In the name of all my PVP Friends I thank you for proposing and testing this feature since it will certainly provide a better gameplay for us all.

As an additional idea lore-wise, We'd like to propose , since all battlegrounds are designed to show the conflict in between two races, one of each different faction, that a system similar to the one existing in Old Hillsbrand Foothills and The Culling of Stratholm to be implemented in battlegrounds, changing the teams appearance randomly according to the represented races.

i.e.
- Warsong Gulch : Orcs / Night Elves.
- Arathi Basin: Undead / Humans
- Battle for Guilneas: Undead - Goblins / Worgen
- Eye of Storm: Blood Elves / Draenei
- Twin Peaks: Goblins / Dwarves
- Strand of the Ancients: -?-
- Alterac Valley: Orcs - Trolls - Undead / Gnomes - Dwarves - Humans
- Isle of Conquest: Orc - Goblin - Blood Elves / Human - Night Elves - Gnomes

This would also add an easier way for players to identify their opposing faction, an additional factor for players of the same team to stay coordinated and to preserve the feeling of conflict in between the two factions
Edited by Xiuhtecuhtli on 4/11/2011 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If rated battlegrounds were available on Tuesday it would be full
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I had been hoping this be implemented happen for months now! Good work Blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I agree. On my horde toons, I have to wait about 40 minutes for a bg. On my alliance toons, in random bgs, 9 times out of 10, alliance loses and with lots of nerd-rage "gtfo" spammers. So I can play on my alliance character and lose 9 times in the time it takes for me to play one bg and win on my horde. It's a lose-lose situation at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
my suggestion is to have a option to que for any fraction battleground and opposing fraction battleground... other wise this is a good idea...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Good, once we have same faction RBGs then we can bring back 15v15 and 40v40 RBGS!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Good, once we have same faction RBGs then we can bring back 15v15 and 40v40 RBGS!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Woot! Now the alliance can fight each other and try not to suck so much against the horde.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
04/13/2011 04:45 AMPosted by Machomass
Woot! Now the alliance can fight each other and try not to suck so much against the horde.

This is only for "rated" battlegrounds. Not "unrated" battlegrounds, sorry bud.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
ITT: people who thinks random = rated.

Buahh buahh everyone is going to transfer!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
@Development Team.

Greetings.
In the name of all my PVP Friends I thank you for proposing and testing this feature since it will certainly provide a better gameplay for us all.

As an additional idea lore-wise, We'd like to propose , since all battlegrounds are designed to show the conflict in between two races, one of each different faction, that a system similar to the one existing in Old Hillsbrand Foothills and The Culling of Stratholm to be implemented in battlegrounds, changing the teams appearance randomly according to the represented races.

i.e.

This would also add an easier way for players to identify their opposing faction, an additional factor for players of the same team to stay coordinated and to preserve the feeling of conflict in between the two factions

bump^ pretty good idea :) but i wouldnt like becoming alliance if i was horde >_>
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
@Development Team.

Greetings.

i.e.

No offense, but this just a bad idea and won't work. The reason? Racial Abilities. Think about it, you're killing a Goblin and you get warstomped. Because it's not showing him as his actual class, you never saw it coming. On the other side, replacing a characters racial abilities with another, even if temporarily, defeats the purpose of rolling that race in the first place.
Reply Quote
Thats right, ignore the reasons why Rated has bad Q times and prop it up artificially.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I completely agree that it would help a lot with que times but cata pretty much killed pvp as it is. Plus what is the point of having different factions then? If you have a grudge against someone that much just make an opposite faction character. I have and it works, but to change this would just cause problems. Trade chat is crazy enough as it is, but to let someone to become even more egotistical that's going a little beyond. I know a lot of people love to brag its what you do on this game , when your good at it you brag. But this is too much. Not to mention, there would be no point of having different servers. I love pvping but this would ruin it, i would probably leave this game for this first time.
Edited by Healynbabe on 4/16/2011 3:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
04/17/2011 12:07 PMPosted by Mishann
How about adding that to unrated Battlegrounds as well. I'm sure that would speed up the Ques along with fixing the BG Que bug on the horde side.

Yes, let's remove factions as well. What is the point anymore? Let's have horde and alliance fighting against other horde and alliance it would solve every problem.
Reply Quote
4 Dwarf Priest
You might as well have Horde zone in as a Alliance character via the Caverns of Time debuff.

At least it solves one problem, bad players can't keep blaming their faction for their own losses when they contributed to their own downfall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]