Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds Testing

I haven't done any rated bgs yet but I kind of dont like this; I'm alliance cause I like killing all the Horde that I can, not my alliance friends.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/31/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Legalizeit
LOL good job Blizzard on listening to the horde when they have long queues but doing nothing about alliance losing all the time. Guess it's time to xfer to horde!

How can blizz fix people being bad..?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/31/2011 09:27 PMPosted by Elidor
I haven't done any rated bgs yet but I kind of dont like this; I'm alliance cause I like killing all the Horde that I can, not my alliance friends.

Sometimes I wish I could kill the people on my own team because of how annoying they can be.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
If this is real wouldn't this just be an extension of the war games fights that are supposedly already in the game now? I mean arena already allows people from the same faction to fight each other, same with war games, so I don't see how allowing people from the same faction to fight each other in rated bgs kills the Alliance vs. Horde aspect of the game I see many posters in this thread worrying about.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
03/31/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Alnalexia
If this is real wouldn't this just be an extension of the war games fights that are supposedly already in the game now? I mean arena already allows people from the same faction to fight each other, same with war games, so I don't see how allowing people from the same faction to fight each other in rated bgs kills the Alliance vs. Horde aspect of the game I see many posters in this thread worrying about.

I'm already seeing people saying that RBG's aren't enough, this needs to be extended to regular BG queues. I hate to use the "slippery slope" argument since it's overused so freaking much, but this clearly is a situation where I think it applies.
Edited by Rislyn on 3/31/2011 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Rogue
Seems pretty stupid from a lore standpoint, but ultimately, I guess we'll really see if the claims of one BG favoring the other side have merit when it's all from the same faction. I'm particularly curious about AB, as it's always seemed to me that horde had a large advantage with the farm/bs/lm triad.
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Rogue
03/31/2011 10:26 PMPosted by Kurø
LOL good job Blizzard on listening to the horde when they have long queues but doing nothing about alliance losing all the time. Guess it's time to xfer to horde!

How can blizz fix people being bad..?

Actually, a gripe that has more merit is why, back when alliance had the long queues three years ago, would such an option never have been remotely considered?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This would be a great addition to the PVP side of the game i will look forward to testing this.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Add this to regular BGs but make it so horde and alliance can fight on the same team against other horde and alliance. This will kill the que times as well as alliance "losing" more and it will really be about luck of the draw.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Loving this idea. No more qq from 'zomg horde > alliance'.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]