Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds Testing

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's only for RATED BGs. Not regular ones.

RATED BGs are basically just a giant version of arena anyways, why not allow same faction fighting like in arena?

The normal BGs won't be changed at all. You'll still have the usual queue times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well that makes sense from any kind of story standpoint.............members of the same faction would be fighting each other for control of an area for their faction............members of the same faction.

Orcs defending Silverwing Base, that's priceless.

I know quality of life improvements and all that, but this is just hilarious. Please keep it to rated BG's only.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 4/1/2011 12:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

RATED BGs are basically just a giant version of arena anyways, why not allow same faction fighting like in arena?

The normal BGs won't be changed at all. You'll still have the usual queue times.

Slippery slope....once the programming and ability is there to allow it for Rated BG's, what's stopping Blizzard from doing it for all BG's, Especially with all of the crying Horde has done the last 6 months over queues? Never say never with Blizzard. I thought this was the last hold out for them. Everything else they've changed their tune from "It will NEVER happen" to "Hey, for the right amount of money, anything's possible". If this goes through, regular BG's will be free-for-all by year end. Mark my words.
Edited by Rislyn on 4/1/2011 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Fredosaurus
If this goes through, regular BG's will be faction vs. faction before year end. Mark my words.

That would be awesome, people nowadays just wanna log on queue and kill other people. Ally vs horde died back in vanilla and no one cares about lore nerds.

Whether you like an idea or not there's no reason to be openly hostile to a part of the playerbase.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Can I ask when I'm going to be allowed to get Alliance players to help me down dragons? My que times for that are terrible, too.

I mean, its obvious we no longer care about the factions, or the lore for that matter.

I mean, honestly. Shouldn't you push to get a more even ratio between Horde/Alliance players instead of breaking your own games "laws" just for PvP's survival?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/01/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Fredosaurus
If this goes through, regular BG's will be faction vs. faction before year end. Mark my words.

That would be awesome, people nowadays just wanna log on queue and kill other people. Ally vs horde died back in vanilla and no one cares about lore nerds.

I care and so do allot of other players. If Blizz goes ahead and dismantles what's left of the persistent world, and destroy's what's left of faction vs faction pvp then I have to ask myself why pay 15$ a month if all I want do do is kill kid's in a bg/arena style format. Why pay 15$ to play Capture the flag when I could just play a better version of it in Dota, or League of Legends.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/01/2011 01:36 AMPosted by Fredosaurus
I care and so do allot of other players. If Blizz goes ahead and dismantles what's left of the persistent world, and destroy's what's left of faction vs faction pvp then I have to ask myself why pay 15$ a month if all I want do do is kill kid's in a bg/arena style format. Why pay 15$ to play Capture the flag when I could just play a better version of it in Dota, or League of Legends.

then goodbye.

My question to you then, "If this is the experience you want, then why not play a game that provides a more balanced, in depth version of it, and save yourself 15$?"
Reply Quote

Slippery slope....once the programming and ability is there to allow it for Rated BG's, what's stopping Blizzard from doing it for all BG's, Especially with all of the crying Horde has done the last 6 months over queues? Never say never with Blizzard. I thought this was the last hold out for them. Everything else they've changed their tune from "It will NEVER happen" to "Hey, for the right amount of money, anything's possible". If this goes through, regular BG's will be free-for-all by year end. Mark my words.

My wait times are only around 5 minutes when it's bad. It's just the queue is messed up and I have to requeue til I get one in the 5 minutes wait.

It's not really gamebreaking, just requeue and problem solved.
Reply Quote
The whole distinction made no sense to begin with .. so please .. pretty please with Tiger smile on top .. extend that change to normal battlegrounds as well. There is no reason I should have to wait 10-30+ minutes for a match to open just due to an outdated 2-faction system being in place that will never be balanced player number wise for various reasons.
Reply Quote
04/01/2011 01:46 AMPosted by Valonia
The whole distinction made no sense to begin with .. so please .. pretty please with Tiger smile on top .. extend that change to normal battlegrounds as well. There is no reason I should have to wait 10-30+ minutes for a match to open just due to an outdated 2-faction system being in place that will never be balanced player number wise for various reasons.

Again, I only wait 5. The queues are just broken and you have to requeue if it goes over the average wait time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]