Low Level and Twink PvP Feedback Thread

1 Human Mage
Here we would like to invite anyone and everyone to post all feedback they have on low level PvP. Any bracket is welcome, as long as it is below level 85. Blizzard explicitly recognized that "PvP twinking" need balancing, so this thread is to help facilitate that.

Please do not use this thread to hate on twinks, to state that it will never happen or anything not strictly pertaining to low level PvP. We have all heard it a thousand times before and we're not interested.

Post every issue, no matter the size, you have found with low level pvp. Be clear, comprehensive and objective. This way Blizzard can get concerted feedback in an easy to find location, rather than have it strewed across many different forums and threads. Remember, EVERY issue you have should be mentioned and go into as much detail as possible. The more you mention the more blizz can fix. Low level PvP balance is in very dire straights at the moment so every little helps.

Here is my feedback, you may have read it before. The main issues I have are: Class imbalance; resistance at low levels; trinket cooldown length; lack of glyphs and gear imbalance in leveling battlegrounds.

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/15-19-bracket/18287-how-balance-19s-final.html

And here is a Blue recognizing twinking imbalance: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267601924?page=4#79

-Ink and Kore nametooshort of TwinkInfo.com
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Reserved

-Ink
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Shaman
Nerf hunter and rogue damage at low levels. That would fix 90% of the complaints.

On a more personal note, they should make it so that you can buy the 2m CD trinket from 70 vendors. People who had the old trinket from BC can still use it but new people can't get that item anymore. It's dumb.
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
Any one under level 70 is allowed to post on the forums about BOA gear, and mages need a blanket nerf.

That about covers the problems, send this thread to blizzard.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
The shattering patch took:
Hand of Freedom
Dispel Magic
Purify
Remove Curse
Forgot the sha/drd ones.

These are great points. I think in general what I'll call the "root/snare/gap opener to gap closer ratio" seems really off. Most classes that had root's and snares got to keep them at low level while closers like HOF and intercept/juggernaut got moved way up.
Reply Quote
18 Human Paladin
Low level class imbalance could be fixed with armor set bonuses. Blizz would have to create some new fun armor to do it but it could be done.

edit - ignore my old post and learn from my mistake, liquor + keyboard = wtf.
Edited by Triplenipple on 5/20/2011 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Imbalance is what creates opportunity. Opportunity allows for exploitation of circumstances and situations. Perfect balance creates a state of harmony in which there can be no decisive action.

Twinks operate in the areas where imbalance is optimal. It is min/max as an art form.

I'm dumber for having read that. Then I read your name and made it worse.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
That post was intended for people with higher intelligence anyway.

Not really. Translation: "Imbalance allows me to roll FOTM and pwnerize people so please don't mess with it. I also like the stupid burst paired with my heirlooms." They're not playing XP off if you didn't notice.

Not to mention "Imbalance is optimal" is a complete contradiction in terms. Balance can be optimal but imbalance can't. It's a failed attempt at being philosophical. Also, no one is under any illusion about perfect balance ever happening or advocating it. Some classes just need their burst toned down so the entire premise is stupid.
Edited by Zulaark on 4/1/2011 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Human Mage
First of all balance is subjective. I play milt. Twinks and would say that damage needs to be reduced across the board.

Premier offenders:

1. Hunters every spec does out of control damage. Pet damage is way too high. Eating a 1k crit at level 39 from a bm pet is extreme. Non bm pets are critting in the 700 range. Aimed shot is 1 shotting ppl and even without aimed shot hunters of all specs just destroy ppl in a few seconds.

2. Enhance shaman. Windfury is way way way over the top

As far as healers go, priests are the premier healer because of the amount of damage that their bubbles absorb and becauseburst is so high. If damage gets needed then this def needs a nerd and other healers could use a buff especially resto Druids which are awful without healing touch.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Hunter
First of all balance is subjective..

lol, april fool's day am i right?
Edited by Vejce on 4/1/2011 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
18 Human Paladin
That post was intended for people with higher intelligence anyway.

Not really. Translation: "Imbalance allows me to roll FOTM and pwnerize people so please don't mess with it. I also like the stupid burst paired with my heirlooms." They're not playing XP off if you didn't notice.

Not to mention "Imbalance is optimal" is a complete contradiction in terms. Balance can be optimal but imbalance can't. It's a failed attempt at being philosophical. Also, no one is under any illusion about perfect balance ever happening or advocating it. Some classes just need their burst toned down so the entire premise is stupid.

Every class hits like a truck if it is used to maximum effect (ie spec, gear, professions, map terrain). It is creating situations of imbalance that makes you think X class is op.
Reply Quote
7 Draenei Priest
As funny as this video is
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/warcraft-blizz-blues-11-is-hunters-op/

it is bad for the bracket-I expect to see a huge # of undead hunters named Darnell. oh well fotm will continue.

* will be waiting on that nerf hammer...for a long time it seems.
Edited by Darji on 4/1/2011 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
49 Orc Warrior
Every class hits like a truck if it is used to maximum effect (ie spec, gear, professions, map terrain). It is creating situations of imbalance that makes you think X class is op.

Sun-Tzu has been reincarnated as a paladin.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Hunter
In the xp-off 15-19 BGs,

Healing seems overpowered. The team with the most healing usually wins in WSG.

Paladins regularly do 10K+ more in healing than a hunter can do in damage. I've seen a Holy Paladin do over 80K healing in an 0-3 loss in WSG while the top hunter was 45K damage.

Priest Shield is often close to 600 damage absorption a pop and doesn't even appear on the BG scoreboard making priests seem much weaker than they are.

Hunter pets die far too easily due to the loss of a third of hunter pet health in Cata. Before the Cata changes, my level 19 pets had over 1000 hit points. Now they have under 700 hit points despite much more stamina on my gear.

Hunter rez pet should be reduced from 10 sec. to 6 sec., the same as warlock summon pet.

The buffs to rogue stealth and movement speed in stealth is going to make an already very strong class, even stronger. Removing the run speed reduction is bad enough but allowing rogues to go 10% faster in stealth than when visible seems over the top.

As mentioned by others, the Insignia trinket should be a 2 minute cooldown given all the stuns and CCs plus the human racial equivalent to the Insignia trinket will have a 2 minute cooldown.
Edited by Wildling on 4/1/2011 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Troll Druid
Rets atleast at 29 are over the top......you can get dropped inside a stun easily if you have no heals/trinket on CD.

Fixes.....Increase stamina values on lowend items,reduce trinket CD to 2 minutes and give all trinkets and BG reward gear resilience. Make Paladin's stun scale with level
Reply Quote
49 Orc Warrior
Rets atleast at 29 are over the top......you can get dropped inside a stun easily if you have no heals/trinket on CD.

They kind of have to. Their mobility blows donkey balls now and with JOJ gone they're extremely easy to kite. I'd trade crus strike and templars verdict in a hot minute to go back to the old system with HOF and JOJ at 26 or whatever level it was.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Warrior
The shattering patch took:
Hand of Freedom
Dispel Magic
Purify
Remove Curse
Forgot the sha/drd ones.

it also took... overpower, disarm, shield block, hamstring (<--- really who thought this was a good idea??), battle shout, demo shout, and Bloodrage... bloodrage has been removed from game... not just stolen from 19's...

/\ all this taken from just one class... the warrior.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]