Ask the Devs - Answers #4: Armor and Weapons

100 Undead Priest
04/05/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Lylirra
inside jokes (Chestplate of Hubris)

Do tell.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I love the fact that the majority of this thread's posters are complaining about aesthetical issues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Q: Can we see gear won via need rolls become soulbound? - Lorinall (NA/ANZ)

A: Yes. We plan on implementing a system where winning an item via Need (when using the Dungeon Finder Need Before Greed loot system) will make a BoE item soulbound. We hope to have this working for the 4.2 patch.

The only problem I see/have is what if I'm running a dungeon with a guildmate(s) and a piece drops that I can't use but an alt can (and no one else in the group really has a use for it)- but yet isn't the level to use it (but say can in 3-5 levels)? Especially if it's one of those hard to get pieces. And especially since 98% of the lvl 80-85 plate quest rewards have stats for Holy Pallys. C'mon...do you think every plate wearer in this xpac was a holy pally? Sheesh!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Q: Any chance we can start heading away from WWE-esque belts? - Catriona (NA/ANZ)

A: Azeroth is stricken by a terrible plague that inflates the size of shoulders and belts over time. Our artists like the belts because they have more room for detail when they’re larger. That said, your concern is duly noted.

I have also forwarded this request to Vincent Kennedy McMoron for his opinion. :D
Edited by Elseadrena on 4/5/2011 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
04/05/2011 08:48 PMPosted by Divine
I love the fact that the majority of this thread's posters are complaining about aesthetical issues.

Because character customization is the one thing that WoW lacks in. I think Blizzard has leveling and end-game down pat. They have a working formula. If they could just improve character customization then it would be filling the last huge gap (in my opinion).
Reply Quote
48 Orc Shaman
"I know you can't please all the folks, but that would sure abate my "huh" factor reading about the asthetics of a toon on a weapon and armor Q&A. "
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
While I enjoy the Barber Shop feature, I feel it doesn't provide -enough-. A lot of hairstyles for different races are downright borked [female draenei], while other races don't have nearly enough good choices [female trolls]. In addition, while it would certainly be unreasonable for a barber to provide face/bodily changes, I feel it should be allowed at a high price point [100g or more maybe?] in order to make it feel like a good, worthwhile feature for the game.. rather than charging players $15 USD to change their face/skin colour.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
My question to the answers, is that all these questions came from the EU website and not 1 came from the US side? Will there be another answer thread pertaining to our questions, or do they not matter? You had us ask questions and vote on the answers yet not a single one of them was answered so what was the point of it?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
"Our main goal is to offer the Legendary in both 10 and 25 without requiring say a 25-player raid to feel like they have to switch to running 10s for the sole purpose of Legendary fragment acquisition (and the same is true for 10s). Our plan is to make Legendary completion take longer to acquire in 10-player raids. The exact ratio will be somewhat obfuscated because of the variation in the amount of fragments dropped per boss based on both raid size and raid difficulty. However, you can plan on it being maybe 2 to 2.5 times faster for the 25-player raid. It should feel analogous to number of Valor points or gold dropped in 25s, and is being treated the same."

now does that sound very equal? i feel like if theres a 25man guild, and they wanted to move to 10 mans, thats a personal choice. i raid 10 mans that a personal choice, why am i being penalized because some people still feel that 25 mans are the more "hardcore" raid.
i mean it already seems like you get more loot, and more vp for easier bosses in 25 mans, lets go ahead and throw legendarys at them too, cause thats really equal.
lol i feel like whenever i read official blue stuff, i genuinely get pissed off, i dont think thats healthy lolol
Edited by Mocitydon on 4/5/2011 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Are the wrath legendary items going to be fixed so they can be obtained in both formats also?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
"Our main goal is to offer the Legendary in both 10 and 25 without requiring say a 25-player raid to feel like they have to switch to running 10s for the sole purpose of Legendary fragment acquisition (and the same is true for 10s). Our plan is to make Legendary completion take longer to acquire in 10-player raids. The exact ratio will be somewhat obfuscated because of the variation in the amount of fragments dropped per boss based on both raid size and raid difficulty. However, you can plan on it being maybe 2 to 2.5 times faster for the 25-player raid. It should feel analogous to number of Valor points or gold dropped in 25s, and is being treated the same."

now does that sound very equal? i feel like if theres a 25man guild, and they wanted to move to 10 mans, thats a personal choice. i raid 10 mans that a personal choice, why am i being penalized because some people still feel that 25 mans are the more "hardcore" raid.
i mean it already seems like you get more loot, and more vp for easier bosses in 25 mans, lets go ahead and throw legendarys at them too, cause thats really equal.
lol i feel like whenever i read official blue stuff, i genuinely get pissed off, i dont think thats healthy lolol

Not to mention the rate of guild leveling up. Hard to level a 10 man guild. 25s have it too easy.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I feel like they completely missed the idea of locking a characters appearance, which could give players the feeling of being able to customize their character more, since every (for example) ret pally is going to be wearing the same tier gear. If players had a lock appearance option they could go farm up their favorite set of armor, or put together random pieces that they think look cool and lock their appearance while wearing it. They could then put back on their tier gear for raiding and look as if they were wearing an armor set to their liking. I tihnk this would give a large feel of customization without as much work as other ideas, such as introducing dyes (though I really have no idea how hard that would be, I'm just guessing).

Anyway, this has been implemented in some other MMO's (DCUO) and seems like a great idea. Here's hoping blizz sees this! Cheers!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Yeah. Garrosh is an idiot. He did good in Northrend imo, but now hes just an idiot. I miss Thrall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I can't belive that almost all games over the web have a more customization than WoW, and im not going to play another WoW wannabe game just to get this feature. i just want to look different from other players, i hate to use the same armor that many people use.
Edited by Vysha on 4/5/2011 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Archeology has 3 epic items intended for the mid game. A level 60 cloth chest piece, level 71 weapon and level 61 mail helm although it is nice that they are account bound, they are essentially good for a few levels. what about making them heirlooms which you can only use at the level intended but then level up to 85. it would really make those rare finds special and more useful.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
So about the Barber shop thing... there isn't a lot of gameplay involved... We don't really need gameplay involved, the barber shop is perfect, I've used it sooooooooo many times. It really is a God send.

The reforging guy. There isn't a lot of gameplay there either but it is another Godsend. Just little things like these that people often over look are what makes the game magnificant.

At my school there was an optional tutorial class for 2 classes of 30 each. 7 people attended 4 consecutive classes until the "head teacher" decided that there weren't enough people using the optional class and decided to remove it. It was devastating to my friend who really liked to go to the class where he could have felt free and was able to study a lot easier and got personal attention from the teacher. Now at school he is really having a hard time because a small thing was taken away, had no effect on the other fiftysomething other students but a large effect on him.

I guess my point is that even though the majority of people don't utilize something doesn't mean that its' bad in any way shape or form. This was also kinda angled towards the removal of Skrimishes which I absolutely loved to do in my spare time that not many people used to use but was still a legitimate great thing in WoW. But yes small things like the barber shop may not be used often but that doesn't mean people don't like it. People feel comfort knowing that they do infact have the option of using it.

So was it worth it? Did it add anything to the game? Did it make the game more fun?
Yes, yes it did, it truely did. It didn't make the game more "fun" as you put it but it did make the game much more enjoyable (for me atleast). Its kinda just like real life, does getting a haircut make life more fun? Does wearing the clothes that we want to wear make life more fun?

No but it does make life more enjjoyable
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
04/05/2011 10:26 PMPosted by Bodywreckér
Then every rogue and warrior you see has the Warglaives all of a sudden, etc etc.

It's still bloody hard to get the warglaives and that's not true. People do have personal preferences and all the gear that I love the looks for are from the WoTLK exapansion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]