Ask the Devs - Answers #4: Armor and Weapons

100 Blood Elf Hunter
I beleive he was refering the the PODCAST " LEGENDARY "
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
A: Yes. Some day. It will take a lot of programmer time to implement, but it’s something we want to do.

LOL, they already have the framework in place... ever buy a non-combat pet? every toon on every server gets it in the mail; even newly created ones.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
It really disappoints me when they reference finances as a reason for not doing anything. At this point, I really don't think money should stop them from doing anything. They have enough money to do whatever they want.

It really disappoints me when people just assume that all the revenue from subscriptions, sales, and services goes into a nice big ole account that just sits around doing nothing. Has it not occurred to you that likely 95% or more of that money is already reinvested into development of WoW or other titles, employee salaries, physical assets, etc?
Edited by Grange on 4/14/2011 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
There's a lot of items in the game that look the same as each other but yet they have different names for that item,how about making the item look different instead of just giving it a different name?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
expensive in time because they have to pay the programmers to do it. not because it is just time consuming. it doesnt cost anything to write the programming for it. just the labor costs
Reply Quote
84 Human Warrior
Totally agree.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Earlier there was a question regarding character customization. I feel the question was not answered or understood. Is Blizz eventually going to allow players to customize characters features such as the game RIFT? Players can change facial features size, shape etc within racial norms so that you don't get the "cookie cutter" look that WoW players are sufferring from.
Reply Quote
YES for the longest time I've wondered why they never implemented casting animations through the weapons or wands of casters... it would looks fricking awesome! PLEASE do this!!! right now wands and weapons on casters are completely not there at all they are just stat dumps :D
Edited by Elamora on 4/17/2011 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I just want to mention something about character customization. I think the reason that ppl don't use the barber shop often, is because its very limited what u can do. I think ppl would want more customization at "create character", for example all races have only one face( same face with very little variation), not much choice there, only slight expression,color and hair, It would be nice to be able to make the character more unique, like size, weight, face choices, within each race, even if the variety isn't vast. so much so, that u might recognize someone by looks alone, and not just name.
Edited by Triper on 4/17/2011 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
12,000,000 X $15 a month = $180,000,000. (thats 180million)
$180,000,000 x 12 months a year = You do the math.
(just a rough estimate from what ive heard about how many folks play WoW)

I know Blizz has to pay their employee's. such is the nature of having and job and working. To get paid. but this game is going to the dogs in a really big way. it used to be a really great way to relax. but now i log on and watch a bunch of mini-me's running around in the exact same gear as the next guy. hell, im a soldier, getting paid less than ur employee's do to risk alot more. come up with something worth the gamer's time. i know several people who have quit cause of various nerf's and lack of character customization depth. if u dont want to hire a programmer to do the necessary programming, just say so. I'd rather Blizz be honest and say they dont want to (right now than) dodge around and say "next patch" or "in the future" knowing that they never are or are too cheap.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Yet there will be no more Cataclysm epics on the AH, This will surely fix the profiteering that has occurred in-game.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
So explain to me how come a more in-depth toon customization would be a huge time crunch the data is out there in what some consider better games for example City of Heros,the WWE games,etc. The data is out there for the research the programming is already been tested and perfected in many games.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Its simple blizz makes the customization of the looks for the toons up to f the players, but have have a set templates of youre choosing implemented for the classes. I understand that the armor/weap customization would be a pain, but really the toon customization isnt that hard.
Reply Quote
Q: Will enchanters be getting back the ability to make wands? - Trustybee (Taiwan)A: We have been discussing what role in the game wands are supposed to fill. We generally consider it a failure these days if a caster ever wants to wand for dps instead of using their spells. Working the wand into the cast animation (as in the question above) is one idea. In any event, we want to figure out what we want wands to do before we give them any more prominence.

Why not add in the wand's auto cast damage while we cast our spells? Much like a hunter Auto-shots away while blasting away with his/her signature shots? (Naturally this would provide some kind of caster dps bonus across the board, but I doubt it would be that much)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I think it would be an awsome idea for guild tabards to reward the wearer with an amount of guild rep while in dungeons like other tabards. Or at least when your running the dungeon with guildies. Hopefully someday this will be implemented.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Speaking of weapons, any chance we'll see a change to the archaeology weapons/equipement before the end of the expansion? This is coming from someone that actually solved one...
Reply Quote
39 Troll Druid
It could be cool if we could polly somone into a fish that flopps on the ground
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Accounts under the same Battle.Net account, unfortunately I don't think this means between servers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
People assuming that the BoE patch will fix people winning the BoE you need as an upgrade in a raid, it will not; it only addresses the rare BoE drops through the dungeon finder when you roll need.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]