Ask the Devs - Answers #4: Armor and Weapons

90 Human Warrior
ok why can there not be a editor like in city of heros where you can make youre toon look anyway you want say with a blacksmith feature instead of a barber!!??? you guys have more money than god give us ablilty to make a dark knight or a shining knight!! PLEASE!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Q: Is there any plan to allow Account Bound items to be transfer to other realms? This could really give meaning to the phrase "Account Bound". - 텔레토비아스 (Korea), Деадхил (EU|Russian), Åtchøûm (EU|French), Tellua (NA/ANZ)

A: Yes. Some day. It will take a lot of programmer time to implement, but it’s something we want to do.

How about just let us make 15 toons per realm, that way people who have 10 toons already and leveled out of the BoA gear can use it again. Shame to have all the BoAs collecting dust, and no toons to send it to.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Well, It's possible to the blizzard work in the past sets (T1,T2, ...) and then insert in the game again? Because nobody will going to do BG to get the set of level 60 and then going to play when the bets set and all players still do BG and Arena in the level 85.

It would be nice if they updated the equipment available to 85 for one amount of honor, CP and rating. It would also be nice to have more types of sets in different levels of honor, CP pontos and rating. For example. (Data assumptions)

The set low BG would be available in the range from 1000 to 2000 honor points.
The set BG hight would be available in a wider range of Honor from 3000 to 4000, however requires a rating of 1500 for example int battles.
The set BG MegaHight would be available requiring the past (Hight set) and a rating of 2000)

The set Low arena would be available in a range of 2000 CP
The set Hight arena would be available in a Beech 2500 for CP but with 2200 rating.
The set MegaHight arena wold be available requiring the Hight set, CP points and a rating of 2350 for example

This can be applied to more sets of PVP with rating, honor and CP different to the old number of sets that exitem (11 today) We'll have more for pvp sets available and more content options.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I have a question for the Dev's.

Will you ever make it so Belf weapons dont look like toys on us? We really need to have them scale up a bit, not so oversized like human females, but a little bit.

And before anyone uses the excuse well Belfs are too small, I beg to differ. Look at gnomes and the weapon size its too big on them it clips through the ground. So dear Dev's please consider scaling up Belf weapons Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What they really need is to give the player the ability to transfer stats from one piece of armor to the other. For instance, you just looted some great new shoulders from Firelands but you personally really love the look of tier 6, you should be able to transfer every single stat about the Firelands shoulder directly over to the armor model of tier 6, then tier's 6 stats get put on on the firelands model. Then you can choose to vendor the firelands model. This would cause an extremely diverse population. People all have their favorite models of each weapon and armor, and you could be a combination of every thing but with the most up-to-date gear that you most recently looted. Even if it cost a good chunk of gold i think it would still be worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
05/17/2011 03:38 PMPosted by Dreko
What they really need is to give the player the ability to transfer stats from one piece of armor to the other. For instance, you just looted some great new shoulders from Firelands but you personally really love the look of tier 6, you should be able to transfer every single stat about the Firelands shoulder directly over to the armor model of tier 6, then tier's 6 stats get put on on the firelands model. Then you can choose to vendor the firelands model. This would cause an extremely diverse population. People all have their favorite models of each weapon and armor, and you could be a combination of every thing but with the most up-to-date gear that you most recently looted. Even if it cost a good chunk of gold i think it would still be worth it.

Well, Its the same thing in to ways. Your suggestion makes the work to make this change more easy :)

Great suggestion Dreko :)
Edited by Bulls on 5/17/2011 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Take away these damn giant orgre belts we have to wear. Its looks ridiculously stupid and is no way cool. Though seeing how bad the artists are getting I guess they want to show they can still do what they did in BC? Giant belts for art pads are a bad way of doing so.
Reply Quote
about the giant belts... how about you scale them up to the ogre-belts, detail them, then shrink them back down to regular belt size, that way you can still have the detail, and we can still have the belt.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Lol about the cookie cutter thing i agree but i mean who wants to be seen running around bashing things with a rolling pin srsly?
Edited by Aebhli on 6/5/2011 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What I would like to see is a way to change the way yr armor looks, everywhere I look I see someone wearing the same thing.
Reply Quote
63 Human Paladin
Q: Is there any plan to allow Account Bound items to be transfer to other realms? This could really give meaning to the phrase "Account Bound". - 텔레토비아스 (Korea), Деадхил (EU|Russian), Åtchøûm (EU|French), Tellua (NA/ANZ)

A: Yes. Some day. It will take a lot of programmer time to implement, but it’s something we want to do.

YEA!
Reply Quote
Question: As there been any thought to allowing assination Rogues be able to use fist weapons with Mutilate?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
whats the best armor for a pally tank? I just wanna know
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I would just like to say that the dye system does indeed work very well as does having tons of options of armor to choose from ... I hardly EVER see and characters in GuildWars look the same except at very beginning of game once you progress to post searing no one looks the same anymore. I hate my priest toon running around looking like every other priest out there. For the love of the holy light let me at least dye my freakin robes a different color! Also, why should my highend shadow priest robes look exactly the same as my high end holy robes????? Shouldn't the shadow priests robes maybe have a darker more sinister appearance to them?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]